PDA

View Full Version : "Edwards had a Peyton Manning look about him."

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2008, 11:19 AM
http://www.jaguars.com/News/Article.aspx?id=7247

Mitchy moo
09-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Jags biggest pass was 15 yards, what a difference a year makes. That's a huge statement for our D and really says how well we are clicking on all sides all the ball.

superbills
09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Wow. It hurt my eyes to read that.

As to the article, there's no disputing that confidence is growing. Will Edwards have a bad game? Probably. Will a mistake he makes cost us a game? Maybe. Has he completely arrived as a QB? Not even likely.

But, that's what makes this so interesting. Trent is showing flashes of having the wiles of a seasoned vet and it's still only his second year behind center. One more question...will Trent get better? More than likely. Given the outcome of the past two weeks, that alone has to have you feeling pretty damn excited.

casdhf
09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
We need a reality check though. We won, but not by 21.

mikemac2001
09-15-2008, 08:21 PM
We need a reality check though. We won, but not by 21.

Yes but we never win those games...we dominated early then let it slip away and fought back to win make the plays we had to, and took a huge road game...something we havent done in forever

Captain gameboy
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM
They completed one third down pass, and that for an inconsequential two yards.

If the offense can get a lead, I have no problem with this defense.

But please don't give up the eight yard underneath plays all day long.

Meathead
09-15-2008, 08:34 PM
i would have never said it here but i swear to god i thought the same thing to myself during several moments of that game

both peyton and trent stand tall in the pocket. both of them are excellent at being aware of yet tuning out the rush. both of them move well in the pocket to find the right spot to step into

of course the big differences are that manning has incredible vision and progresses through reads like a finely tuned robot, while trent still tends to lock onto one receiver more than i would like

its just funny that someone else made the same observation as i did