PDA

View Full Version : Hey Op...

ublinkwescore
09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Can I predict another Bills win?

I mean - we're 2-0 when I predict them to win... so far...

OpIv37
09-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Do what you want.

We should be able to beat the Raiders at home. The only thing that scares me is McFadden.

But, at some point we're going to have a let-down. I'm thinking it's going to be either this game or Arizona.

DrGraves
09-15-2008, 05:11 PM
McFadden is scary but if we but 8 guys in the box we'll be okay. Lets make russell beat us with his arm.

zone
09-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Wow, here we go again. The Raiders are one of the worst teams in the league with a coach that may not have a job by Sunday. Any aspect of this team scares you? Why, because their RB looked good against the actual worst team in the league.

You are always touting that you are a realist, well lets get real.

This is a team we should beat on Sunday and we will.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 05:42 PM
McFadden didn't meet Stroud.

I'm more worried about the Kards.

OpIv37
09-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Wow, here we go again. The Raiders are one of the worst teams in the league with a coach that may not have a job by Sunday. Any aspect of this team scares you? Why, because their RB looked good against the actual worst team in the league.

KC hung with the Patriots last week so they are far from the worst team in the league. The worst teams in the league are St. Louis, Miami and San Fransisco. I wouldn't even put KC in the bottom 5, so don't lecture me on realism while you're engaging in hyperbole yourself.

The truth is that our O has only scored 20 points in each game. While it's improved over last year, that's not going to be enough week in and week out.

The truth is that our D hasn't faced an elite running back yet. Taylor and Jones-Drew are good, but McFadden is better.

Why is it that when the Bills play a team like the Pats that is clearly better than us, it's "any given Sunday," yet, it's never possible that we could lose to a team like Oakland? Hmmmmm.....

You are right in that we SHOULD win this game, but that doesn't mean we WILL. I think this team has overachieved a little and I'm afraid the players are going to buy into the hype and suffer a letdown.

OpIv37
09-15-2008, 06:56 PM
McFadden didn't meet Stroud.

I'm more worried about the Kards.

The Cards are better than Oak and it's a non-division road game before a bye week. I agree with you there- the let-down potential for that game is higher than for this game.

Lexwhat
09-15-2008, 07:03 PM

McFadden also played well against the Broncos, but no one paid attention cuz he didn't get many carries. McFadden might be this year's Adrian Peterson.

In fact, McFadden and Fargas could be the best RB Duo in the league (or on their way to becoming that).

The Raiders are talented, but poorly-coached.

Captain gameboy
09-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Trap game potential.

The Raiders have great skill position players. Better than ours.

If they play mistake free, they can beat a lot of teams, ours included.

I'm really glad that we are home.

Sportsuser101
09-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Trap game potential.

If they play mistake free, they can beat a lot of teams, ours included.

I'm really glad that we are home.

Edwards is better then Russell.. Our WR corp is better then theres.. McFadden is better then Lynch.. not sure about that.

yordad
09-15-2008, 08:03 PM

Huh? Um...no.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Why is it that when the Bills play a team like the Pats that is clearly better than us, it's "any given Sunday," yet, it's never possible that we could lose to a team like Oakland? Hmmmmm.....

:bf1: Agreed!

mikemac2001
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Cards Scare me but i dont think they have beat anyone yet

OpIv37
09-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Cards Scare me but i dont think they have beat anyone relevant yet

they crushed Miami yesterday, so I fixed it for you.

Mad Bomber
09-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Do what you want.

We should be able to beat the Raiders at home. The only thing that scares me is McFadden.

But, at some point we're going to have a let-down. I'm thinking it's going to be either this game or Arizona.
Bryan...

It will NOT be this game. There are a few things going here.

1. This game is in Buffalo. Historically, the Raiders don't travel well to the East.

2. This game is in Buffalo. We're talking the 12th man here. Our fans are the LOUDEST, PROUDEST fans going. The Raiders offense, which isn't so good to start with, will NOT have a chance to audible or even call a normal play. Methinks you are undrestimating the power of the Bills home field advantage....

mikemac2001
09-15-2008, 08:56 PM
they crushed Miami yesterday, so I fixed it for you.

thanks hopefully you got what i meant tho

i want them to play a GOOD TEAM and play good....warner is HOT tho

jdbillsfan
09-15-2008, 10:26 PM
KC hung with the Patriots last week so they are far from the worst team in the league. The worst teams in the league are St. Louis, Miami and San Fransisco. I wouldn't even put KC in the bottom 5, so don't lecture me on realism while you're engaging in hyperbole yourself.

The truth is that our O has only scored 20 points in each game. While it's improved over last year, that's not going to be enough week in and week out.

Two issues with this post:

KC is not far from the worst team in the league and either way it is just a matter of opinion and not hyperbole. If Yancey Thigpen is your QB, then you can't be too far from bad. To hang with a Pats team that just lost their franchise QB can be attributed to other things besides being a good team.

League scoring isn't based on special teams. You can't subtract points due to the fact that the special teams scored on a punt return and fake field goal. Are you going to give them 3 points because they were in field goal range and about to kick when they did the fake field goal? Are you going to give them 3 points because they were in range for a field goal but it was blocked?

They truth is, they scored 34 the first game and 20 the second game. Scoring 20 points at Jax on a hot day maybe is enough week in and week out. They aren't going to be playing a top 10 defense every week either.

RingofFire
09-15-2008, 10:36 PM
I think KC is the worst team in the league. My ranking in order

1. KC
2. Rams
3. Mia
4. Raiders

Mitchy moo
09-15-2008, 10:41 PM
I think KC is the worst team in the league. My ranking in order

1. KC
2. Rams
3. Mia
4. Raiders

I would say in any given order that is about dead on. Toss the Jets in pretty close to this group.

RingofFire
09-15-2008, 10:45 PM
I would say in any given order that is about dead on. Toss the Jets in pretty close to this group.

I don't agree with OP including San Fran. I think they are bad but not that bad. Cincy is worse. Balt is worse. So is Atl.

1. KC
2. Rams
3. Mia
4. Raiders
5. Atl.
6. Cincy
7. Balt.
8. San Fran

Mitchy moo
09-15-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't agree with OP including San Fran. I think they are bad but not that bad. Cincy is worse. Balt is worse. So is Atl.

1. KC
2. Rams
3. Mia
4. Raiders
5. Atl.
6. Cincy
7. Balt.
8. San Fran

Toss the Cards / jets in there and you'll be pretty close to next year's drafting order.

PromoTheRobot
09-15-2008, 11:50 PM
KC hung with the Patriots last week so they are far from the worst team in the league.
Oh here we go now...KC must be good because they hung with the Pats*. Did you ever consider the Pats* may not be that good? Maybe the Jets aren't that good either? Realist or pessimist?

PTR

OpIv37
09-16-2008, 06:30 AM
Two issues with this post:

KC is not far from the worst team in the league and either way it is just a matter of opinion and not hyperbole. If Yancey Thigpen is your QB, then you can't be too far from bad. To hang with a Pats team that just lost their franchise QB can be attributed to other things besides being a good team.

League scoring isn't based on special teams. You can't subtract points due to the fact that the special teams scored on a punt return and fake field goal. Are you going to give them 3 points because they were in field goal range and about to kick when they did the fake field goal? Are you going to give them 3 points because they were in range for a field goal but it was blocked?

They truth is, they scored 34 the first game and 20 the second game. Scoring 20 points at Jax on a hot day maybe is enough week in and week out. They aren't going to be playing a top 10 defense every week either.

You also can't score on ST every week. At some point the offense is going to have to get the job done. 20 was enougb against Seattle because the ST added 14. 20 was enough against Jax cuz their OL was decimated and they're a defensive, run-first team anyway.

The truth is the offense is scoring 20 a game, and most of the time ST doesn't score. If we have to depend on ST scores to win every week, get ready for more of 2006 and 2007.

OpIv37
09-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Oh here we go now...KC must be good because they hung with the Pats*. Did you ever consider the Pats* may not be that good? Maybe the Jets aren't that good either? Realist or pessimist?

PTR

no, I didn't say KC was good. I said they weren't the worst team in the league. Don't twist my words. You completely missed the point of my post. He was saying that Oakland only beat the worst team in the league. While KC is bad, they're not THAT bad- he was trying to make them seem that bad to lend credibility to his point.

The Pats went 16-0 last year and only lost one WR and Brady. Did you ever think that maybe the Pats are still good?

Try thinking before you post.

billsburgh
09-16-2008, 07:00 AM
You also can't score on ST every week. At some point the offense is going to have to get the job done. 20 was enougb against Seattle because the ST added 14. 20 was enough against Jax cuz their OL was decimated and they're a defensive, run-first team anyway.

The truth is the offense is scoring 20 a game, and most of the time ST doesn't score. If we have to depend on ST scores to win every week, get ready for more of 2006 and 2007.
the D is also only giving up 13.5 points/game. As long as we score more it doesnt matter if we only score 20 points per game

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2008, 07:04 AM
The truth is that our D hasn't faced an elite running back yet. Taylor and Jones-Drew are good, but McFadden is better.

You are right in that we SHOULD win this game, but that doesn't mean we WILL. I think this team has overachieved a little and I'm afraid the players are going to buy into the hype and suffer a letdown.

1. What are you basing the "McFadden is better than Taylor or Jones-Drew" on? Seriously. One good game? McFadden is "elite"?????
2. Even you have given credit to Dick for keeping the team level headed. I just don't see the team getting cocky. I don't know what you are basing that prediction on, except for wanting to be pessimistic.

And I will disagree on the overacheiving thing, although I expected them to lose this past weekend.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2008, 07:07 AM

20 points a game is not that bad, especially with a solid defense that can probably keep most teams to 17 or so, especially a Raiders team with no passing game.

Not to mention 20 against the Jags, on the road and in the heat is pretty damn good. It would have been nice to have more than 23 (I still give the offense credit for a successful FG on the fake) against Seattle, but the 4th quarter was a bunch of run out the clock too.

Also remember this: a punt return run back does not mean the offense would not have scored on the drive.

madness
09-16-2008, 08:12 AM
One game at a time fellas.

zone
09-16-2008, 09:12 AM

Your delusional, you will just keep predicting a loss for the chance at the "I told you so" factor.

The bottom line is Oakland sucks and has serious organizational issues that are in national exposure and this is a team that we should beat at home.

Sure, any given Sunday any team in this league can win, but I believe that our team has crossed the hurdle and has improved to the point where we are not going to loose to inferior teams at home.

gr8slayer
09-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Oakland might be the worst franchise I've ever seen. This is one of those "trap games" people always talk about, this should be yet another big test for the team.

ublinkwescore
09-16-2008, 01:06 PM

Actually, we're averaging 27 points a game, while we're only giving up 13...

We've more than doubled our opponents' point production.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Last year the Giants scored 373 points. 42 of those were Def/ST, so they scored 331 offensive points. That is an average of 20.7 a game.

So maybe 20 a game (from the offense, although ST touchdowns count just as much) is NOT the end of the world.

BTW, I figure they are averaging 21.5 a game (23 vs Seattle, 20 vs. Jax)

ublinkwescore
09-16-2008, 01:22 PM

PTR

Thank you...

The pats are not the same freakin' team without Brady.

The Jets are garbage too. Every one was so willing to make them superbowl contenders just because they got Brett Favre - well, I wasn't. A gunslinging qb does not a superbowl team make.

I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything, but I am undefeated in football bets at work right now (I've won like 5 bets for over $100), and took the pick'em pool with a Dallas win and a combined score of 57 or more points last night. My fantasy team is in first place, and just scored 181 points yesterday. (141 the week before).

I've been humbling my coworkers left and right.

I wonder how long it's gonna take before people start hitting me up for betting advice.

BAM
09-16-2008, 03:46 PM
We should smash them handily. But probably won't. Bills 22-19.

OpIv37
09-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Last year the Giants scored 373 points. 42 of those were Def/ST, so they scored 331 offensive points. That is an average of 20.7 a game.

So maybe 20 a game (from the offense, although ST touchdowns count just as much) is NOT the end of the world.

BTW, I figure they are averaging 21.5 a game (23 vs Seattle, 20 vs. Jax)

Seattle game was also 20.

34-10 final, minus 7 for Denney ST TD, minus 7 for Roscoe return TD= 20.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Seattle game was also 20.

34-10 final, minus 7 for Denney ST TD, minus 7 for Roscoe return TD= 20.

Take away Denney's TD and give them short FG they would have made (I think you will admit that was more than 95% chance)

34 - 7 - 7 + 3 = 23.

Fair enough?

RingofFire
09-16-2008, 04:31 PM
The Pats will win 7-9 games but will not blow ANYBODY OUT.

They will win close games. No longer will they dominate anyone. They run a conservative offense.