• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Ya Bills Backers of Albany!!!

Five things I like

1. The Bills Backers in Albany, N.Y., who mounted a write-in campaign to get the local CBS affiliate to change the Indianapolis-Minnesota game to Buffalo-Jacksonville. They won.
    2. Washington's Jim Zorn playing the fourth quarter Sunday as he did not in the season opener. Zorn promised to make changes, and he lived up to his word.
    3. Tennessee's Kerry Collins making the most of his opportunity. No mistakes and a resounding win. Keep it up, Kerry, and you'll never leave the lineup.
    4. Buffalo's Trent Edwards. Look at his numbers. He hit his first 10 passes and missed only five of 25 against Jacksonville ... in Jacksonville.
    5. Isaac Bruce's 153 yards receiving. Wasn't he supposed to have retired when he went to San Francisco?

...and I didnt even know that the Bills backers were doing it bc I didnt check my other email, I actually mailed in to the station on my own!

• parrishlynchevans
    • Sep 2008

Re: Ya Bills Backers of Albany!!!

I'm in the Albany area. During the Bills Super Bowl days the Bills were always on. Nowadays they put on the stupid Jets. Next week they have on the Giants. It's time to send in the emails again. **** the Giants!

Buffalo: 3-0, 1st in AFC East
    Next Opp: @ St.Louis
    Magic Number: 11

Trent Edwards Career: 2363 Yds, 10 TD, 9 INT

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by parrishlynchevans
      I'm in the Albany area. During the Bills Super Bowl days the Bills were always on. Nowadays they put on the stupid Jets. Next week they have on the Giants. It's time to send in the emails again. **** the Giants!
      Why the F are the Giants on CBS?? Stupid. I thought they were a Fox team.

Comment

• parrishlynchevans
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
        Why the F are the Giants on CBS?? Stupid. I thought they were a Fox team.
        They're playing an AFC team at an NFC stadium. CBS will cover AFC-NFC matchups that are in NFC stadiums, while FOX covers the ones in AFC stadiums.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

That's not going to happen. In my 20+ years in the Albany area, the Giants have always had priority over every other team. With Ch 6 now the Jets station, as evidenced by their pre-season games being shown there or on their sister station the CW, the Jets will always have priority over the Bills unless we're going for 16-0 in December.
          The reason we pulled it off last week was that it was ridiculous to try to show Indy-Minn when the Bills were on & the Jets, Giants & Patriots weren't. I don't think the GM will ever make that mistake again. When I called, I pointed out that the Bills have a local radio station doing their games, which wouldn't be possible without a significant number of Bills fans in the region.
          In the old days of Channel 13 we had a much better shot because one of the guys running things is from Buffalo.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
            That's not going to happen. In my 20+ years in the Albany area, the Giants have always had priority over every other team. With Ch 6 now the Jets station, as evidenced by their pre-season games being shown there or on their sister station the CW, the Jets will always have priority over the Bills unless we're going for 16-0 in December.
            The reason we pulled it off last week was that it was ridiculous to try to show Indy-Minn when the Bills were on & the Jets, Giants & Patriots weren't. I don't think the GM will ever make that mistake again. When I called, I pointed out that the Bills have a local radio station doing their games, which wouldn't be possible without a significant number of Bills fans in the region.
            I know even on the Bills site it lists CBS as the ones airing our game, but is there any shot we'll be on Fox??

Comment

• parrishlynchevans
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
              In the old days of Channel 13 we had a much better shot because one of the guys running things is from Buffalo.
              It's bull**** though. The Bills fanbase here is much larger than the Jets. Obviously the Giants still dominate the area, but the Bills have a much larger fanbase than the Jets. The only way they change their schedule is if the Bills continue to win and the Jets hang around .500.

Comment

• parrishlynchevans
                • Sep 2008

It's ridiculous. I won't be able to watch that many Bills games this year because of how the schedule is lined up. I'll have to listen on the radio for the next three weeks! Way to go CBS6! You guys suck!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

True, we are often screwed in the Albany TV market.

I'd like to see the Bills make a little more of a marketing push into Central and Eastern NY. Especially Syracuse--that's another market that could send more fans to games. It's only a 2.5 hour drive.
                  Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• parrishlynchevans
                    • Sep 2008

I heard that once you get out to Utica, every Bills game is televised. Is this true?

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

I wrote in too. Paul Delorenzo, the local Bills Backer organizer, started the campaign. Bob Furlong, the local CBS general manager originally sent out this e-mail in answer to the complaints:

“I made the call, whether you agree with it or not, to carry the Indianapolis Colts vs. Minnesota Vikings. It’s never an easy decision, but I have to look out for all football fans in the Cap­ital Region. It’s early in the season, and the Bills will be at the top of my list when the opportunity arises to air a game. Thank you.”

Then he changed his mind and came out with this one:

“This is a retraction of Wednesday’s e-mail. Fred Lass, CBS6’s chief engineer and huge Bills fan, who was born and raised in Niagara Falls, was in my office late yesterday crying. I and CBS cannot stand to see a grown man cry. So, CBS6 is going to carry the Bills game on Sunday instead of the Indianapolis game. Please thank CBS for agreeing to make this last-minute change, and if you see Fred on Sunday, high-five him.”

Showing the Bills game over the Colts-Vikings game shouldn't have even been a thought. No one wants to see that Colts-Vikings game here and it really isn't even a prime matchup game. Hopefully they don't pull any more stunts like that around the Capital District!

Comment

• parrishlynchevans
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                        I wrote in too. Paul Delorenzo, the local Bills Backer organizer, started the campaign. Bob Furlong, the local CBS general manager originally sent out this e-mail in answer to the complaints:

“I made the call, whether you agree with it or not, to carry the Indianapolis Colts vs. Minnesota Vikings. It’s never an easy decision, but I have to look out for all football fans in the Cap*ital Region. It’s early in the season, and the Bills will be at the top of my list when the opportunity arises to air a game. Thank you.”

Then he changed his mind and came out with this one:

“This is a retraction of Wednesday’s e-mail. Fred Lass, CBS6’s chief engineer and huge Bills fan, who was born and raised in Niagara Falls, was in my office late yesterday crying. I and CBS cannot stand to see a grown man cry. So, CBS6 is going to carry the Bills game on Sunday instead of the Indianapolis game. Please thank CBS for agreeing to make this last-minute change, and if you see Fred on Sunday, high-five him.”

Showing the Bills game over the Colts-Vikings game shouldn't have even been a thought. No one wants to see that Colts-Vikings game here and it really isn't even a prime matchup game. Hopefully they don't pull any more stunts like that around the Capital District!
                        They can't be serious. Is CBS6 out of touch with their demographics? They seriously were going to put the Colts game on over the Bills? Wow. I bet the miniscule Jets fanbase here is ready for CBS6 to televise every god damn Jets game. Even if the Bills go 11-5, the Jets will be shown over Buffalo. Guarantee it.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
                          • Oct 2005

I heard that once you get out to Utica, every Bills game is televised. Is this true?

for the 2 seasons I lived in Syracuse I can't remember a weekend that I didn't get to watch a Bills game on TV.
                          2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
                          2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
                          2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
                          2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• parrishlynchevans
                            • Sep 2008

That's the problem with the Albany area. You have two other NFL teams to kiss ass to.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

That's the problem with the Albany area. You have two other NFL teams to kiss ass to.
                              Well the Giants have their training camp at SUNY Albany so you know they're up the Giants asses all the time. The unfortunate thing is that next year will be the last year they do training camp here and then it's off to their new, state-of-the-art facility down south and bye-bye Albany.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍