PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Ref that has screwed the Bills the most...

BuffaloRanger
09-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Question for those with better memories then me...

There's a ref out there who has screwed the Bills over in several games. I remember fans on this board complaining about him. But his name escapes me. I know he officiated the Bills/Steelers game a few years back (when the Bills lost to back-ups and missed the playoffs) because I dumped a hot chocolate (actually lukewarm) on his head when he was walking up the tunnel after the game. He was wearing #77.

I think it might have been Ed Hockuli. The same guy that screwed the Chargers yesterday. Anyone know if he's the same ref that has been criticized by Bills fans over the years?

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I remember well the time we lost to the pats under Wade Philipps because of the refs. Since then it's been downhill with the zebras.

Michael82
09-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Ed is one of the worst refs at the league at times, but I think other ones have screwed the Bills more. :ill:

Michael82
09-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Phil Luckett is definitely on my **** list. :mad:

don137
09-15-2008, 05:47 PM
I have never been much of a fan of Walt Coleman when he has been the ref in Bills games.

Michael82
09-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Wasn't Walt Coleman another one that has screwed us over? :ill:

Yeah...looks like he was one who screwed us against NE.

http://www.provencehome.org/refsuck/pages/waltcoleman.html

Ebenezer
09-15-2008, 06:11 PM
#5. the guy has been terrible for years and his games are always fishy. There was a long time ago...long time ago...he calls were terrible and some of the fans were screaming at him...he put his hand behind his back and made the finger rubbing motion that indicates a bribe is going on...I am not accusing but to even justify the fans screaming by doing that was uncalled for. I'd love to get all the tapes of that guy and watch him and see his calls/non-calls. He was a linesman and is now an ump.

BuffaloRanger
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the link Mikey. Terry McAulay - that's the guy that screwed us against the Steelers. I remember distinctly how pissed I was when he was picked to be the head ref during the Superbowl a month later.

Michael82
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
That's the other guy on my **** list. McAulay. I can't stand that ****er. :mad:

Actually, as far as Ed Hockuli....he's a horrible ref. But there are many more on my list that I hate more. Besides, isn't his nickname guns or something? He spends more time in the gym than learning the NFL rules and maybe that's why he sucks so many times. :ill: