PDA

View Full Version : Red Zone Offense

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Around 10 yard line, I think the Bills should have all the options open for them now.

1st and foremost, a serious running threat. Marshawn's running style is perfect in this area, and it has showed ever since he put on the Bills uniform last year. I think opponents are really looking for a Lynch run when we get down there, conventional or spread formation.

I'm really envouraged by Marshawn's improvement on blocking this year, which allows him to play in all down situations. Jackson is not that effective in the close quarters and when he came on to the field last year, you could bet a pass or screen play is coming.

2nd, you need a big target. I noticed that Hardy has been on almost all of Bills redzone packages but nobody has taken him seriously - double cover. Now that he has caught a TD, I'm sure opposing defensive coordinators will take notice. His presence should open up space for Royal, Reed and Evans, as well as making it easier for Marhsawn when we do run him. With the accuracy of Edwards, those spaces could mean a great deal.

Now if Marshawn can improve his passing game (running route, ball catching and finding soft spots), we could be unstoppable there ...

Agent007
09-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I concur.

Hardy's development will prove worthy down the stretch.