Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

The biggest knock against McGahee

While he has all the potential in the world if he heals from his injury, my biggest worry is what a factor he may become in team harmony (or should I say, DISharmony).

TD and GW may be walking a thin line with this pick. Everybody has seen Henry's comments and he's not happy.

There already seems to be a divide here on the board about the pick.

Imagine what it's like on the team? I highly doubt the fans are the only ones who have mixed feelings. I'm sure there are guys on the team that dislike this pick as much as some people here do. THAT is not good for team chemistry and may cause problems.

I'm sure one or two of the more vocal McGahee supporters will immediately discredit this idea, but it is a factor whether they want to admit it or not.
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

This pick signifies TD's confidence in the fact that our team's wholes have adequately been filled.

I wouldn't be surprised if we try to trade Olandis Gary going into Training camp for a safety.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

I've already discredited it:) Go Bills!

Comment

• BillsMan80
        Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
        • Jul 2002

It isn't a factor unless someone makes it out to be. In particular, Travis Henry. Or he can just suck it up and understand it's nothing against him, rather, it's just taking a stud like McGahee as the BPA.
        The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
        THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Gary will not be traded. Few were lining up to get him before the draft. He had zero trade value.

I agree AWM, what does this say when you use a 1st round choice to potentially replace a 1400+ rusher who was 5th in the NFL last year. Tells me that the revolving door is open. We may sign free agents but they will not be our own.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

travis henry will be fine.. do you really think travis is the type of player that is going to whine? he made some initial off the cuff remarks when a reporter called him right after the draft.. so what.. anyone would do that..

but he is a team player.. he will not let this effect the team and he is still the unquestioned starter..

so where is the problem?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              Tells me that the revolving door is open. We may sign free agents but they will not be our own.
              um.. last i check.. henry has gone no where.. so what exactly shows you that this proverbial revolving door is open?

i just dont even get that comment.. we may sign free agents but they will not be our own?

for the life of me, i really cant understand how this is a bad thing.. you guys are all worried about TH like he is your son or something.. and you are assuming that he is gonna get his feeling hurt and respond in a bad way. he made one comment.. and you guys are pulling the worst part of the comment.. not accounting for the portion where he said, he is a team player, he will welcome WM to the team and looks forward to competing with him..

what in TH's history shows you that he CANT step up to competition? he did it in college and did it his first two years here..and he can continue to do it.. but it probably WONT EVEN BE AN ISSUE THIS YEAR.. WM may not even see the field this year.

bottom line is.. if travis wants to keep his job secure, then RUSH US INTO THE SUPERBOWL.. what is wrong with that??
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Did you read his comments? Travis is pissed!!! He said he wouldn't have signed the extension if he had known they were going to sign McGahee. Just look at the press. They are already making a deal out of this pick and how Travis feels and it's not even training camp!!!

You can say Travis will suck it up, all you want, but his statements show he is upset. The guy is a person, not a machine. It's human nature, for cripes sake, for him to be upset.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

The arguing in this thread just proves my point. While maybe not on the same scale, we have another Flutie/Johnson fiasco on our hands. This is exactly how the we were torn apart last time.

It has been shown that the divide the fans had for the the two QB's was also as developed in the locker room. What makes you think that the guys on the team don't feel the same way this time since this appears to be a love/hate type of deal like last time?

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                    Did you read his comments? Travis is pissed!!! He said he wouldn't have signed the extension if he had known they were going to sign McGahee. Just look at the press. They are already making a deal out of this pick and how Travis feels and it's not even training camp!!!

You can say Travis will suck it up, all you want, but his statements show he is upset. The guy is a person, not a machine. It's human nature, for cripes sake, for him to be upset.
                    OF COARSE HE IS PISSED!!! that quote was literally minutes after the pick was made.. he was shocked, stunned as most of america was..

but EVEN THEN .. minutes afterwards, while he was so "pissed" he went on to say that he is looking forward to the competition, and he will welcome WM, and is looking forward to working with him.

THEN it was reported by espn on sunday when they spoke to him and his agent that he was much more diplomatic about the whole thing.

he is a competitor.. sure he feels slighted.. and he will feel that much better when he blows away the competition and tears it up this year.. like he has done in the past.. and if he doesnt do that, then we still have a good RB on the field.. maybe one that wont put the ball on teh ground seemingly EVERY GAME...

Comment

• HenryRules
                      • Jul 2002

The reason its getting so much press right now is because there's no other news. Even McGee gets a full-page write-up, tell me that's gonna happen in the middle of the season.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

a qb controversy is totaly different than a rb competition.. 2 qbs cant play and lead a team..

neither RB is a leader on this team.. drew is our unquestioned leader.. and both RBs can play .. just like barlow and hearst if need be.

i dont care.. i just want to win.. and i think you guys are blowing this way out of perportion.. players know this is a business.. and henry is not a whiner.. he will move on and perform well.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Well...if Travis doesn't come out and set the field on fire, the press is going to start predicting the next season rushing total for McGahee.

It's almost a lose/lose situation for Henry. I don't know if he can shake it off once he has a fumble and the calls for McGahee start ringing out.

It could be very ugly.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

If anything-

Travis Henry is the bad guy here. He's a professional athlete, the only person who is going to disrupt the locker room is him.

Did travis Henry give a :angry: about Morris and Bryson's feelings getting hurt when he was selected? Did he care about AVP's feelings when the Bills aquired Bledsoe? If he wanted to be the ultimate team player- he would have kept his big mouth shut when somebody slaps a microphone in his face.

If I were an athlete, I would be smart and make myself scarce during the draft- regardless of sport- there will always be a media angle trying to get a sound byte out of you- most of the time it's negative.

Stop being a baby. Want the job? Go get it.

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

There won't be any calls for McGahee this season because he won't be on the roster.

Once you're on IR or PUP, you're pretty much forgotten by the press - even a guy like Cowart wasn't brought up in the news that often.

Comment

Working...
                              X