PDA

View Full Version : Trent's stats

Mad Bomber
09-15-2008, 08:56 PM
People have been talking about Trent Edwards' performance....how he is "efficient" but not "outstanding"

I don't know what people are expecting from a sophomore QB with only a handful of starts under his belt....

I will take 20-25 (80% completion percentage) for one game, or 70.4% for the year....2 TDs, 0 INTs.

I can't believe that some people on this board are *****ing about his performance.

He's doing fine, people.

jimbohastle51
09-16-2008, 01:52 AM
People have been talking about Trent Edwards' performance....how he is "efficient" but not "outstanding"

I don't know what people are expecting from a sophomore QB with only a handful of starts under his belt....

I will take 20-25 (80% completion percentage) for one game, or 70.4% for the year....2 TDs, 0 INTs.

I can't believe that some people on this board are *****ing about his performance.

He's doing fine, people.

you are completely right, everyone better get used to TE as the QB because especially if jauron gets his extension this guy is our QB for the forseeable future (jaurons job will be tied to him, he and levy didnt want JP so they drafted there guy when he was available). last year was solid for a rookie with the amount of time he had in and if he keeps steady as he is for the rest of the year he will end up with over 3,000 yards passing 15-25 touchdowns and a completion % well over 65-70% for the year. in today's nfl you cant find much more consistant than that, not too mention that with the NCAA teams more and more switching to that spread offense and 2 QB systems it is even harder to judge a QB to draft so i think we should be thankfull with what we got. not too mention you cant teach leadership and this guy IS a field genral.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-16-2008, 03:28 AM
It's just two games, but, after two games, Trent Edwards is ranked 12th over all (yds/game) amongst NFL QBs, 4th in completion percentage and 8th in QB rating. Zero interceptions and his one fumble was on a blindside hit and not his fault.

Not bad. Good start, so far.

Dujek
09-16-2008, 03:29 AM
It's a good start, if he continues in the same way for the rest of the year I'll be more than happy.

Historian
09-16-2008, 04:30 AM
I'll take those stats for 16 games.

And I'll beat you 12 times out of 16.

justasportsfan
09-16-2008, 08:32 AM
MAd, we're just being cautiously optimistic .

gr8slayer
09-16-2008, 08:33 AM

He's doing fine, people.
One TD a game isn't going to cut it when we're playing powerhouse teams. But aside from getting the ball in the end-zone he's been the best QB in the AFC so far in my opinion.

justasportsfan
09-16-2008, 08:35 AM
One TD a game isn't going to cut it when we're playing powerhouse teams. But aside from getting the ball in the end-zone he's been the best QB in the AFC so far in my opinion.
it could if the ST , rb and D are scoring or doing their part.

gr8slayer
09-16-2008, 08:36 AM
it could if the ST , rb and D are scoring or doing their part.
To a point, but realistically the ST's aren't going to score a TD a game, the D won't score a TD a game. At some point we're going to have to rely solely on Edwards (much like the Broncos and Chargers had to rely on their QB's this weekend); that to me is going to be his true test, when the team is on his back.

justasportsfan
09-16-2008, 08:39 AM
To a point, but realistically the ST's aren't going to score a TD a game, the D won't score a TD a game. At some point we're going to have to rely solely on Edwards (much like the Broncos and Chargers had to rely on their QB's this weekend); that to me is going to be his true test, when the team is on his back.

I still worry about our running game. It's not much of a weapon that scares D's.

RockStar36
09-16-2008, 08:42 AM

He is doing enough to win so I wouldn't worry about the stats. Right now the one TD a game is enough to win. When we get to those others games, we'll worry about it then.

Aside from the touchdowns, I'm more happy about the zero INTs. That is the best stat he has so far.

RockStar36
09-16-2008, 08:43 AM
I still worry about our running game. It's not much of a weapon that scares D's.

The running game hasn't been great but I'm going to assume that it will get better now that Peters is back. I hope...

justasportsfan
09-16-2008, 08:46 AM
The running game hasn't been great but I'm going to assume that it will get better now that Peters is back. I hope...

We didn't run much to Peters side last year but hopefully better pass protection this year compared to last year will open things up.

gr8slayer
09-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Well when your best player is only getting the ball 10-15 times a game it's kind of hard to get a rhythm going. I just wonder if they are saving the legs for later in the season or something.

justasportsfan
09-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Well when your best player is only getting the ball 10-15 times a game it's kind of hard to get a rhythm going. I just wonder if they are saving the legs for later in the season or something.
they are. They are rotating Lynch and Jackson. 1-2 punch.