PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Sullivan: Play shows Bills on right road with QB

shelby
09-16-2008, 06:02 AM
<dl id="story-pic-columnist"><dt>Trent Edwards had just won the biggest game of his NFL career. Naturally, he was talking about his teammates. He called Fred Jackson a quarterback’s dream. Then, as if a light had gone on in his head, Edwards paid homage to his offensive line. </dt></dl> <!--endclickprintexclude--> He rattled off their names one by one, all seven O-linemen who had played in the oppressive Florida heat. Edwards made sure to add Duke Preston’s name at the end. He wanted people to know that Preston, a good guy who has battled to keep a place on the roster, had played in the big game.

I don’t know what was more impressive — that Edwards thought to mention all his interior linemen or that, in the excitement of the moment, he managed to click off all seven names without a slip. It was calculating and kind, a sure sign of an emerging leader.

Rob Johnson once stood up there and said he didn’t want to lead. He wanted to be one of the guys. J. P. Losman tries hard, but it seems forced. His mind always seems to be racing and allowing his ego to get in the way.

Edwards gets it just right. He has the quick mind and easy temperament of a successful NFL quarterback. Now, two games into his second season, it’s becoming increasingly apparent that he has the game, too.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/440364.html)

Mitchy moo
09-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Bill Walsh (RIP) made this call right, one of his last.

Dujek
09-16-2008, 06:09 AM
He seems to have all the right qualities to be the leader this offense has needed for a long time.

Go Bills!
Go Trent!

shelby
09-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Sullivan's got a mancrush!
:D

Romes
09-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Sullivan's got a mancrush!

He's not the only one. I heart Trent. There I said it! :drama:

ps. There should be a mancrush smiley...

shelby
09-16-2008, 06:44 AM
There is:

:limp:

Bufftp
09-16-2008, 06:52 AM
I don't get this man crush thing. It is kind of scary.

Romes
09-16-2008, 06:52 AM
:mad: