• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Week 3 Power Rankings

Here they are....RockStar's Week 3 Power Rankings.

Enjoy!

I definitely can’t complain about week two. Everything seems to be better when Buffalo wins, regardless of who the team they beat is or what the circumstances are. The fact that they beat a tough playoff team from a year ago, came from behind to do it, and did it on the road just makes it that much sweeter. I’ll be the first to say, however, I’m nervous about a letdown in week three. Hopefully the players don’t drink the same kool-aid that the fans do. Don’t get me wrong, I’m more pumped than ever, and excited for the next game, but I’m cautiously optimistic after what I’ve seen the past nine years.
    As always, after another week of football, some things really shake up in the power rankings. Some teams continued their early season dominance (NYG), some fell a little bit (Chi), some gained some ground (Was), and some just dropped completely (SD). That’s the great thing about NFL football though, you always have next week to make up for it. As always, if you disagree or have a comment, feel free to e-mail me and let me know. If I get enough maybe I’ll even have a little mailbag article to include those e-mails.
    more...

• Dujek
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2008

Re: Week 3 Power Rankings

29. Miami Dolphins (28): I thought they would play Arizona a little tougher, but I guess I overestimated the Dolphins. Looks like Chad Pennington wasn’t the answer. Lucky for them, wins aren’t how good teams are measured.
    That last line is a classic.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

We beat 2 playoff teams from last season and most of the teams ahead of us played the top 5 drafting teams from last season. Run a strength of opponent from last season power ranking, Bills make the top 5.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Broncos, Colts, and Chargers should still be in front of us.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          Broncos, Colts, and Chargers should still be in front of us.
          Colts are 1-1 and Chargers are 0-2 so I disagree. And the Colts aren't even a good 1-1, they look really off.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
            We beat 2 playoff teams from last season and most of the teams ahead of us played the top 5 drafting teams from last season. Run a strength of opponent from last season power ranking, Bills make the top 5.
            Yeah but last year is last year, both teams Buffalo beat are 0-2 which is what matters this year.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
              Colts are 1-1 and Chargers are 0-2 so I disagree. And the Colts aren't even a good 1-1, they look really off.
              And? The Chargers are the best 0-2 team in NFL history and should be 1-1 right now if not for a horrible call. If you watch those teams they are still "better" than we are right now.

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

The point is these are RS's rankings. His opinion, eh?
                If everyone agreed, this thread would be boring.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                  The point is these are RS's rankings. His opinion, eh?
                  If everyone agreed, this thread would be boring.
                  So why post it if you don't expect people to disagree? Post it and lock the thread if you don't care for what people have to say.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

Not my point....i do care for what you have to say.
                    In fact, i'd like to see your power rankings.

My point is that rankings are subjective and we're not all going to agree. RS just puts his out there for the world to see.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      • Sep 2004

And? The Chargers are the best 0-2 team in NFL history and should be 1-1 right now if not for a horrible call. If you watch those teams they are still "better" than we are right now.
                      Well I guess we'll see when San Diego plays the Bills. It's just my personal opinion, but when I do the rankings I take record into account quite a bit. I don't want to be like the guys at ESPN or another big site who constantly just rank certain teams high no matter what because of their name or the talent they have. It's what you do in the games that matters to me. Like I originally had Indy over Chicago and had to edit it before posting the story.

BTW, I like the opinions, both that agree and disagree. If nobody had an opinion I wouldn't want to write the rankings at all.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                        • Feb 2005

Carolina should be ahead of Buffalo. They won 2 games without their best player against Chicago and San Diego nonetheless.
                        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          Well I guess we'll see when San Diego plays the Bills. It's just my personal opinion, but when I do the rankings I take record into account quite a bit. I don't want to be like the guys at ESPN or another big site who constantly just rank certain teams high no matter what because of their name or the talent they have. It's what you do in the games that matters to me. Like I originally had Indy over Chicago and had to edit it before posting the story.

BTW, I like the opinions, both that agree and disagree. If nobody had an opinion I wouldn't want to write the rankings at all.
                          Going by the records is fine, but nothing beats watching the games. If you want to watch the games I have every game recorded on to my DVR's every week and you're free to watch them.

My issue with your rankings is you don't take into consideration (at least it doesn't appear that you do) the strength of the team played in a loss. Example, everyone beats the Seahawks and Jaguars this year, the Eagles just played the best team in the NFL and took them down to the wire. After watching that game do you honestly think that the Bills are better than the Eagles?

Oh well, we could go on all day. In the end I would put Indy, Philly, Denver, and San Diego in front of Buffalo and move Green Bay and Tennessee down below Buffalo (neither of those teams is worth crap on film thus far.)

Comment

• RockStar36
                            • Sep 2004

Going by the records is fine, but nothing beats watching the games. If you want to watch the games I have every game recorded on to my DVR's every week and you're free to watch them.

My issue with your rankings is you don't take into consideration (at least it doesn't appear that you do) the strength of the team played in a loss. Example, everyone beats the Seahawks and Jaguars this year, the Eagles just played the best team in the NFL and took them down to the wire. After watching that game do you honestly think that the Bills are better than the Eagles?

Oh well, we could go on all day. In the end I would put Indy, Philly, Denver, and San Diego in front of Buffalo and move Green Bay and Tennessee down below Buffalo (neither of those teams is worth crap on film thus far.)
                            I don't disagree.

Basically what it came down to is I wrote the rankings before week 1 of the season and everything is based on that. I had Buffalo ahead of Denver, both teams won, both teams got bumped up. I could sit here all day and say 'what if this team played that team' but that would take me forever.

Same reason I have the Pats at #3. There is no way they would beat some of the teams below them, but until they lose they don't really deserve to be dropped.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

After I looked at ESPN's new power rankings I thought of a question for you.

You say that Indy should be above Buffalo...should Chicago be above Buffalo too?

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X