PDA

View Full Version : With the NFL handing out fines left and right ....

Voltron
09-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Do you think Poz will get fined for twisting Marice Jones-Drew's Helmet around backwards?

In all honesty I kind of think he should. That could have been really bad and if that happened to Lynch we all would be screaming for a fine.

:idunno:

Discuss :up:

parrishlynchevans
09-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Do you think Poz will get fined for twisting Marice Jones-Drew's Helmet around backwards?

No, it was unintentional.

gr8slayer
09-16-2008, 10:02 AM
He may but I don't think it was intentional.

mikemac2001
09-16-2008, 10:03 AM
if you watch the play he didn't mean to do it to injure the player it was kinda both of them twisting and going in diff directions...if he gets it he gets it but i doesnt look like it was meant to hurt drew

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2008, 10:10 AM
It was not intentional, but was reckless.

Like Voltron said, had Peterson done that to Lynch we would be screaming.

A small fine (say $10,000) would make the point and be fair.

parrishlynchevans
09-16-2008, 10:13 AM

Actually I wouldn't because I would realize it was UNINTENTIONAL.

trapezeus
09-16-2008, 10:17 AM
yeah, if there are fines for over the top facemasks, this one would qualify. The guy's helmet was on backwards because of it. i've never seen that happen in the NFL. I don't think of Poz is a dirty player or meant for that to be done intentionally.

Voltron
09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't care that it was unintentional, it could have caused a very serious injury and players need to remember that even if it was unintentional grabbing a face mask and twisting it around 180 deg. will not be tolerated.

Voltron
09-16-2008, 10:23 AM
:homer:

Pride
09-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Where does this "fine" money go? When Police pull you over, the money goes into their budget to provide safety services. What does the NFL use these fines for I wonder.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2008, 10:27 AM
I think it goes to charity.

Ebenezer
For consistency they should fine him.

Meathead
It was not intentional, but was reckless.

A small fine (say $10,000) would make the point and be fair.
agreed

im giving poz the benefit of the doubt but exactly how do you twist a guys helmet completely around without knowing youve got your hand on his facemask? id hate to think he just held on because he figured he was already getting a penalty

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Not much help, but here is one answer. Kinda.

Link (http://www.needtoknowsports.com/where-do-all-the-NFL-fines-go-charity-or-non-profit)

Meathead
09-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Where does this "fine" money go? When Police pull you over, the money goes into their budget to provide safety services. What does the NFL use these fines for I wonder.

Edited: Inappropriate Picture for the BZ

BMN

justasportsfan
09-16-2008, 10:40 AM
he should and hopefully it will teach him a lesson early in his carreer.

Dujek
09-16-2008, 10:42 AM
He should probably be hit with a small fine. It was reckless and could have caused a serious injury, even if it was unintentional.

parrishlynchevans
09-16-2008, 10:43 AM
:homer:

That statement doesn't make me a homer.

Meathead
09-16-2008, 10:49 AM

BMN
you censored two girls in bikinis?!?

you gotta be kidding me

what is this the amish bills fan site?

gr8slayer
09-16-2008, 10:50 AM

you gotta be kidding me

:roflmao:

Meathead
09-16-2008, 10:51 AM
seriously thats kinda outrageous

BAM
09-16-2008, 11:39 AM

BMN

I want to see. :(

Mad Bomber
09-16-2008, 12:12 PM

you gotta be kidding me

RockStar36
09-16-2008, 12:16 PM
I never even thought once about a fine for his facemask. He was penalized the 15 yards so I don't see what the big deal is. If they fine him, they should fine everyone for every facemask.

Tatonka
09-16-2008, 12:24 PM
it was a brutal facemask though.. i dont care if it was intentional or not.

just like in hockey you are supposed to be in control of your stick at all times.. if you accidentally drill someone in the face with your stick, it is still not ok, because it was an accident.

i think he should be fined, but aside from that.. i could really care less.

and all of you would be freaking out if someone unintentionally almost broke lynch's head off of his body

RockStar36
09-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Was it that brutal or was MJD not wearing his equipment properly? Helmets shouldn't be moving or popping off during the game.

The Spaz
09-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Was it that brutal or was MJD not wearing his equipment properly? Helmets shouldn't be moving or popping off during the game.

I was thinking the same thing. It happens with there shoes and helmets. It happens in hockey as well guy gets barely touched and his helmet comes off.

Meathead
09-16-2008, 12:46 PM
aw thats a nice picture of log and his family

Mad Bomber
09-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Actually, it's Miyagi.

Meathead
09-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I want to see. :(
seriously, it was two girls in bikinis

but hey its their site they can run it how they want. like always, i just want clear guidelines and consistency but we usually only get explanations after the fact, if any. at least bmn gave me the courtesy of a pm

Meathead
09-16-2008, 12:54 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It happens with there shoes and helmets. It happens in hockey as well guy gets barely touched and his helmet comes off.
first of all it happens in hockey cuz a lot of guys hate the neck strap for some reason. i used to have guys in my leagues just loosely string a piece of tape between the earholes to comply with the rules but not really. but not me, i always liked the chin strap nice and tight and it saved my coconut several times

plus no helmets are designed to fit as snug and stay in place as football helmets. nobody is tugging on your helmet in hockey cuz they arent trying to tackle you, so the helmets arent intented to not twist but football helmets are. so it takes considerable force to do what poz did sunday

camelcowboy
09-16-2008, 01:02 PM

but hey its their site they can run it how they want. like always, i just want clear guidelines and consistency but we usually only get explanations after the fact, if any. at least bmn gave me the courtesy of a pm
send me the pic, it can't be worse then some of the sigs or advatars around her.

shelby
09-16-2008, 01:03 PM

but hey its their site they can run it how they want. like always, i just want clear guidelines and consistency but we usually only get explanations after the fact, if any. at least bmn gave me the courtesy of a pm We're trying to keep things a bit cleaner in the main forums. There has been a glut of scantily clad women popping up around here lately. We are working on cleaning up sigs and avatars, as well. Many people surf from work, or have children, and those types of images (though i know you gentlemen love them) can cause problems.

This is our policy from here on out. We will adhere to it consistently to the best of our ability. Thanks for your understanding.

/admin

Meathead
09-16-2008, 01:33 PM
thanks for the explanation

like ive said before it would be nice if initiatives like this were prominently announced in detail beforehand. if it was i missed it

shelby
09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
i'll take care of it....thanks for understanding.

Voltron
09-17-2008, 12:54 PM
We're trying to keep things a bit cleaner in the main forums. There has been a glut of scantily clad women popping up around here lately. We are working on cleaning up sigs and avatars, as well. Many people surf from work, or have children, and those types of images (though i know you gentlemen love them) can cause problems.

This is our policy from here on out. We will adhere to it consistently to the best of our ability. Thanks for your understanding.

/admin

:offtopic:

:snicker: