X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Maybe this Raiders Game will be the Trap Game

By all media reports, the players were all very tired after the effort in Jacksonville. I can't imagine how long it will take the body to replenish itself. It would a week, even for professional athletes.

And you know when the body is tired, you mind will not focus very well. That will have an effect on their film study on Tuesday. They may very well cancel the Monday practice which is usally for fixing problems the previous Sunday - in this case tackling practice.

Then you go on about bad Wednesday practices, etc. Plus whether they want to admit it or not, everyone know the Raiders are not as good as the Seahawks or Jags. And it's a home game.

I just hope we don't get a surprise on the coming Sunday.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Maybe this Raiders Game will be the Trap Game

Yeah, we've beat two teams we weren't "supposed" to beat, now it will be interesting to see how we do against a team we are "supposed" to beat.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

I'm slightly worried about the next two weeks.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

It will be interesting.

I do have faith though in Jauron. He has been good at keeping the team focused. Hopefully that skill did not slip when his others improved.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
          I'm slightly worried about the next two weeks.
          It's hard not to be, we still don't really know what the team is made of after only two weeks. We'll have a lot better idea in a few weeks. For now though we still don't have any "sure thing" games.

Comment

• parrishlynchevans
            • Sep 2008

More chicken little nonsense.

OH I'M SO SCARED OF OAKLAND!

Toughen up and think of a Bills blowout win every single week. Even though I won't be at the game this time, I'll be right up on the TV screaming my f'n head off. LETS GO! 3-0 FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE SUPER BOWL DAYS! YEAH *****ES! **** Oakland and their stupid ******ed fans. Nobody beats us in our house!

Buffalo: 3-0, 1st in AFC East
            Next Opp: @ St.Louis
            Magic Number: 11

Trent Edwards Career: 2363 Yds, 10 TD, 9 INT

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

This is a good test for this team. A team that they should beat. A team in its own disarray who may lose their coach as early as today. To me it adds up to a tough game but one the Bills should win. If not they will have flushed the good things they have built the last two weeks. DJ needs to stress upon this team how it can make some serious hay now. 4-0 is not out of the question. It is very, very real.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

i have already absolutely positively guaranteed a win over the crazy davises so its safe to look past them

31-13
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BAM
                  • Sep 2003

I'm worried about them every week.

After all it's the Buffalo Bills we're cheering for here!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

it won't be a trap game as long as Dick and the coaches keep the team in check. So far, he's saying all the right things during interviews. Let's see if he is actually going to walk the talk.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

It would be pretty pathetic to get beat at home by a joke of a franchise that by most news accounts will fire their head coach at some point today or tomorrow.

I say we get beat this weekend, it erases alot of the excitement of the first 2 wins and you'd really have to wonder how good we really are.

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by raphael120
                        It would be pretty pathetic to get beat at home by a joke of a franchise that by most news accounts will fire their head coach at some point today or tomorrow.

I say we get beat this weekend, it erases alot of the excitement of the first 2 wins and you'd really have to wonder how good we really are.
                        It would certainly be a demoralizing loss! I'd rather not come down from this high I'm currently on though!

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

As a Bills fan, history shows that you should be worried.

However, I don't think the Bills have proven all they've set out to prove.

In my opinion, the offense, while effective has yet to fire on all cylinders. They'll want to show they can be dominating against a team they should, and are expected to physically dominate.

Defensively, this team has come out strong in the 1st half but has shown signs of fatigue in the 2nd. Not enough to lose the game mind you, but enough that shows opposing teams signs of weakness on the game film. The defense will need to put up 4 qrtrs of football, batting these guys around like an opposum in a lions den.

As I see it, right now the Bills special teams are the only group on this team to fire hard the 1st two games.

Honestly, I think the Bills still have much to prove. Now is there time to do just that. Teams like the rams and the Raiders are begging to be destoryed.

Time to give them what they want.

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

Our team has stalled in the second half usually, but its showing signs that when it counts, we can get the job done. Think Washington last season and the Jags game Sunday (both on the road).

Now...we need to have more games like the 2nd Miami game and more full games that resemble the Giants game last season (cept for the crapping out in the last half). We've shown we can be a good offense when our defense steps up. I'm waiting for the game where the defense isn't bringing it's A game and our offense needs to step it up. Luckily the defense held Jax to only 16. Now hopefully we demolish Oakland and it's a blow out like the Hawks game, keep this train movin.

Comment

• Pride
                              • Jul 2002

Every game we win makes these players hungrier. Most of them are used to losing... players just don't forget that losing feeling because of a 2-0 start. Many of these players still feel like they have something to prove. When we hit 7-0 I'll start being worried about taking a game off.

Until then... Dick will have them ready to go on Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                              X