• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Crowell??

Corey Moore minus a few skills and some speed, half the collegiate accolades.

Same size, not as good. Too small for the NFL and not good enough coverage wise to play S. He won't be on the team in '05 unless he becomes a STs star. Even Moore couldn't do that.

Bad choice!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

Except Crowell has experience playing the LB position and Moore didn't ... that's a huge difference.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

And Crowell has 1 less bullet hole in him

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

oh man.. come on wys.. you are smarter than that.. i know you see the differences..

one was a DE, the other is a LB.. you cant even make a comparison between the two.. unless you want to make a comparison to every guy on the defensive side of the ball with similar height/weight and pigeon hole them all.

did you snort your sauce wys?
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Special teams move-

Name who we could have picked here- Not to bring us back to Bullet holes, but Weathersby would have been a bold move, especially with the McGahee gamble.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
            Expert on Experts
            • Jul 2002

we should have drafted kelly washington in rd 2 and weathersby in rd 3

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

field the all injured team!
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
                Except Crowell has experience playing the LB position and Moore didn't ... that's a huge difference.
                It is a huge difference from where Moore was to a 4-3, but he tried in a 3-4 where the difference should have been almost completely mitigated. Nevertheless, he was phenimal in college and as I remember we all expected him to be at least some semblance of a terror and that never materialized to be polite to him.

In a 4-3, it's even more imortant for your LBs to have some size since there's only 3 of them. So I cannot aggree with your assessment.

Look, there's just no way that a 6' 235# LB is gonna do anything more than be a backup unless the guy turns out to be really special which won't happen for him.

STs may be the correct call, but then, how many better STs players were there at that time? IDK, but the question begs asking.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

he's a mid 3rd round pick and we're a team with playoff aspirations ... if he's a solid backup and special teams player, i'd say that's a good pick.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
                    we should have drafted kelly washington in rd 2 and weathersby in rd 3
                    OK Mike Brown

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Moore 6'0" 220lbs 4.63: 60 tackles 17 sacks from DE
                      Crowell 6'0" 235lbs 4.67: 144 tackles, 4.5 sacks from MLB

Similar on the surface Wys ... two different positions played... Moore never tried out at OLB, Butler was taking a flyer, Crowell could play all three LB spots, and can easily add weight without loosing speed.

Besides, Moore got shot, and quit on the team...
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Dozerdog

OK Mike Brown

OUCH!!!!! That's gonna leave a mark!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                          Moore 6'0" 220lbs 4.63: 60 tackles 17 sacks from DE
                          Crowell 6'0" 235lbs 4.67: 144 tackles, 4.5 sacks from MLB

Similar on the surface Wys ... two different positions played... Moore never tried out at OLB, Butler was taking a flyer, Crowell could play all three LB spots, and can easily add weight without loosing speed.

Besides, Moore got shot, and quit on the team...
                          17 sacks v. 4.5 sacks: "equal on the surface???"

Guess we have different standards, eh.

Teams used to prepare for Moore while he was at Tech. Did that happen w/ Crowell? I don't think so!

"Crowell played in a defense that was made for him as a senior"

From the ESPN page.

Since he won't be playing in a "defense that was made for him here", I would expect that some of his negatives will come into play;

"Not natural in coverage. Lacks great height and timed speed. Not fast. Not a big playmaker. Does not take on blockers well at times. Plays better going forward and will struggle in coverage. Lacks long speed."

Not good negatives for an OLB. Especially not in the system that we are using!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

why did the discussion for this topic migrate to another thread about an unrelated topic?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

Crowell, as stated, to me reminds me of the classic player who excels in college due to circumstances that won't be present at the pro level.

Just like Kelsay, his collegiate accolades led the way, but what few seem to have extrapolated is that those things will change drastically with the jump to the NFL and in their respective cases, they will hurt them more than the average player undergoing the same jump.

I remember saying the same exact thing about Denney last year and took the same exact amount of heat for it. Look at Denney.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X