PDA

View Full Version : Crowell??

WG
04-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Corey Moore minus a few skills and some speed, half the collegiate accolades.

Same size, not as good. Too small for the NFL and not good enough coverage wise to play S. He won't be on the team in '05 unless he becomes a STs star. Even Moore couldn't do that.

Bad choice!

HenryRules
04-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Except Crowell has experience playing the LB position and Moore didn't ... that's a huge difference.

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 12:14 PM
And Crowell has 1 less bullet hole in him

Tatonka
04-28-2003, 12:15 PM
oh man.. come on wys.. you are smarter than that.. i know you see the differences..

one was a DE, the other is a LB.. you cant even make a comparison between the two.. unless you want to make a comparison to every guy on the defensive side of the ball with similar height/weight and pigeon hole them all.

did you snort your sauce wys? :D

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Special teams move-

Name who we could have picked here- Not to bring us back to Bullet holes, but Weathersby would have been a bold move, especially with the McGahee gamble.

SoCalBillsFan
04-28-2003, 12:28 PM
we should have drafted kelly washington in rd 2 and weathersby in rd 3 :D

Ingtar33
04-28-2003, 12:33 PM
field the all injured team!

WG
04-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Except Crowell has experience playing the LB position and Moore didn't ... that's a huge difference.

It is a huge difference from where Moore was to a 4-3, but he tried in a 3-4 where the difference should have been almost completely mitigated. Nevertheless, he was phenimal in college and as I remember we all expected him to be at least some semblance of a terror and that never materialized to be polite to him.

In a 4-3, it's even more imortant for your LBs to have some size since there's only 3 of them. So I cannot aggree with your assessment.

Look, there's just no way that a 6' 235# LB is gonna do anything more than be a backup unless the guy turns out to be really special which won't happen for him.

STs may be the correct call, but then, how many better STs players were there at that time? IDK, but the question begs asking.

HenryRules
04-28-2003, 12:53 PM
he's a mid 3rd round pick and we're a team with playoff aspirations ... if he's a solid backup and special teams player, i'd say that's a good pick.

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
we should have drafted kelly washington in rd 2 and weathersby in rd 3 :D

OK Mike Brown:D

Ingtar33
04-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Moore 6'0" 220lbs 4.63: 60 tackles 17 sacks from DE
Crowell 6'0" 235lbs 4.67: 144 tackles, 4.5 sacks from MLB

Similar on the surface Wys :rolleyes: ... two different positions played... Moore never tried out at OLB, Butler was taking a flyer, Crowell could play all three LB spots, and can easily add weight without loosing speed.

Besides, Moore got shot, and quit on the team...

ArcticWildMan
04-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

OK Mike Brown

OUCH!!!!! That's gonna leave a mark!! :D

WG
04-28-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
Moore 6'0" 220lbs 4.63: 60 tackles 17 sacks from DE
Crowell 6'0" 235lbs 4.67: 144 tackles, 4.5 sacks from MLB

Similar on the surface Wys :rolleyes: ... two different positions played... Moore never tried out at OLB, Butler was taking a flyer, Crowell could play all three LB spots, and can easily add weight without loosing speed.

Besides, Moore got shot, and quit on the team...

17 sacks v. 4.5 sacks: "equal on the surface???"

Guess we have different standards, eh.

Teams used to prepare for Moore while he was at Tech. Did that happen w/ Crowell? I don't think so!

"Crowell played in a defense that was made for him as a senior"

From the ESPN page.

Since he won't be playing in a "defense that was made for him here", I would expect that some of his negatives will come into play;

"Not natural in coverage. Lacks great height and timed speed. Not fast. Not a big playmaker. Does not take on blockers well at times. Plays better going forward and will struggle in coverage. Lacks long speed."

Not good negatives for an OLB. Especially not in the system that we are using!

HenryRules
04-28-2003, 01:36 PM
why did the discussion for this topic migrate to another thread about an unrelated topic?

WG
Crowell, as stated, to me reminds me of the classic player who excels in college due to circumstances that won't be present at the pro level.

Just like Kelsay, his collegiate accolades led the way, but what few seem to have extrapolated is that those things will change drastically with the jump to the NFL and in their respective cases, they will hurt them more than the average player undergoing the same jump.

I remember saying the same exact thing about Denney last year and took the same exact amount of heat for it. Look at Denney.

WG
Originally posted by HenryRules
why did the discussion for this topic migrate to another thread about an unrelated topic?

IDK, but if you went back and followed the flow in reverse, I'm sure you could figure it out...

;)

casdhf
04-28-2003, 01:37 PM
You mean you don't have your own scouting notes?

HenryRules
04-28-2003, 01:38 PM
I said henry was gonna be a star before last season, does that mean my opinion is more valid on this topic? No. Henry is different from Crowell and Denney is different from Crowell. Their positions, playing style, expectations, and drafting position are all different. I don't see how Denney is at all relevant to Crowell.

WG
04-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Besides, there's only so much to say about McGahee's acquisition.

We won't know a thing this year. If he's healthy when he plays it'll be a great move. If he even so much as stubs a toe, the criticism and questions are gonna fly a mile-a-minute.

Since he won't be starting or getting much playing time otherwise, his presence this year is nearly completely immaterial. I would even wager that they place him on the PUP list going into the season.

WG
04-28-2003, 01:40 PM
:D

How's that for an turn...

LOL

Ingtar33
04-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

17 sacks v. 4.5 sacks: equal on the surface???

Wys I was being sarcastic...

There is nothing similar about the two, but thanks for pointing out the problems in your own argument. They are two different players... why claim Crowell will fail because Moore did?

ct bills fan
04-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Crowell will be a bust and out of the nfl next year - yeah, that's the type of player TD usually drafts in the 3rd round. I'll trust TD on this one.

Tatonka
04-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

Wys I was being sarcastic...

There is nothing similar about the two, but thanks for pointing out the problems in your own argument. They are two different players... why claim Crowell will fail because Moore did?

why waste your words ingtar.. as soon as you pin him in a corner on one bad assumption, like how crowell is definately going to be a bad LB (even though i guarentee he has never seen him play) .. he will just turn to a different arguement..

i like wys.. but from time to time, he gets on these agitated rants that last weeks.. then it dies down.. and back again.. ect.. it is normally too much for me to stomach.. like last year.. it was all about how henry sucked and bryson was the bomb.. then by week four, that rant was gone.. poof.. he had made 190 posts about how bad henry sucked and why and how good bryson was and why, then just flipped is opinion and looked for something new..

if/when crowell plays well, wys will do the same thing..