PDA

View Full Version : Walker�s double duty

The Spaz
09-16-2008, 12:27 PM
In this election year there isn�t a politician out there that wants to be called a flip-flopper. The politically astute Langston Walker probably doesn�t want that moniker either, but in light of his swing tackle performance last Sunday it might be appropriate.

Walker, who had been manning the left tackle position for Buffalo full-time in the absence of Jason Peters, had double duty against the Jaguars. With Peters not in 100 percent game shape Walker had to play right and left tackle throughout the course of the game.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6602

M
09-16-2008, 12:50 PM
“I don’t really need somebody to come up to me to say I did a good job,” said Walker. “The coaching staff did, but I think that the players know what to expect from me. And I’m going to give 100 percent on every play no matter what position I’m playing. Whether it’s left tackle, right tackle or wide receiver, Turk I hope you’re reading this. I’ll do it all. I’ll do what’s asked of me to get a win.”

:lol: Love this guy!

Meathead
09-16-2008, 12:54 PM
nice thread t�tle

Meathead
09-16-2008, 12:57 PM
that very impressive of walker

can you imagine having to shift your mind and body around from one play to another as you swap sides like that? all the mechanics are opposite and sometimes different. that hada be tough

Cntrygal
09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
:10:

OpIv37
09-16-2008, 10:43 PM
I think Kirk Chambers is a lot better than we gave him credit for. Peters/Walker and Walker/Chambers were being interchanged with no real noticeable effect on the O. Who saw that one coming?

BADTHINGSMAN
09-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Nice work Walker.

trapezeus
09-17-2008, 09:36 AM
props to walker for doing the switch. but lets not kid ourselves, we didn't run that well as the game wore on. True that may have been a function of the heat, but it's not like Marshawn ran for 100 yards and then they swapped positions and jackson ran for 100 more.

but the oline is hanging in there better than we thought. and that's something to be positive about.