PDA

View Full Version : Best team since the early 90s?

Mitchell55
09-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Alot of people compare it to them. This is what we are comparing, and my assessment.

Kelly and Edwards- Time will tell.
Lynch and Thomas- Lynch is the closest thing we will ever get to Thomas.
Evans and Reed- Both can catch from anywhere but Reed did have a height advantage but they are both similar.
Hardy and Loften- Big and redzone targets, the end.
Parrish, Reed, Johnson vs Beebe, Tasker, and Edwards. This is one place where we probably have a advantage. Tasker and Edwards didnt even play much WR. Both were STers.
Metz and Mc vs Royal and Shouman. Well, Royal is a not as good version of Mc.
OL- not even going to compare.
Stroud, Williams, McCargo, Johnson, Schobel, Ellis, Denney, Kelsay vs Smith, Wright, Seals, and Hanson. With all the players we have, it is closer.
LB- 1 more and our LBs can hold the bills of the 90s jock strap!!!
DB- now we are better. Past Odams, who did they have? Jackson? Hicks? Drane? Kelso?. Smith was just as good as Whitner.

OpIv37
09-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Well this is a bit of a loaded question but here goes:

the 03-04 D's and some of Wade Phillips' D's were amazing (I miss Bryce Paup and Bruce Smith....).

I'd say this team is the most well-rounded team we've had since the SB days and probably the best overall. But keep in mind there isn't a lot of competition. The only other teams we had that were decent in that span was the team that lost the Music City Mirage and the 04 team that couldn't beat Pittsburgh's back ups with playoffs on the line.

mybills
09-16-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't get the Andre/Lee comparison.

buffalony85
09-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Lee Evans will never be able to hold Andre Reeds jock strap, I have never seen any other reciever as good as going over the middle.

imbondz
09-16-2008, 10:36 PM
:smoke:

BADTHINGSMAN
09-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Alot of people compare it to them. This is what we are comparing, and my assessment.

Kelly and Edwards- Time will tell.
Lynch and Thomas- Lynch is the closest thing we will ever get to Thomas.
Evans and Reed- Both can catch from anywhere but Reed did have a height advantage but they are both similar.
Hardy and Loften- Big and redzone targets, the end.
Parrish, Reed, Johnson vs Beebe, Tasker, and Edwards. This is one place where we probably have a advantage. Tasker and Edwards didnt even play much WR. Both were STers.
Metz and Mc vs Royal and Shouman. Well, Royal is a not as good version of Mc.
OL- not even going to compare.
Stroud, Williams, McCargo, Johnson, Schobel, Ellis, Denney, Kelsay vs Smith, Wright, Seals, and Hanson. With all the players we have, it is closer.
LB- 1 more and our LBs can hold the bills of the 90s jock strap!!!
DB- now we are better. Past Odams, who did they have? Jackson? Hicks? Drane? Kelso?. Smith was just as good as Whitner.

I see where your thought is on this, but I cant agree, those SB teams were just amazing teams. Shobel in no way can be mentioned with Bruce, even when Bruce didnt get a sack in a game he was raising hell. Schobel seems to disappear.

OpIv37
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
I see where your thought is on this, but I cant agree, those SB teams were just amazing teams. Shobel in no way can be mentioned with Bruce, even when Bruce didnt get a sack in a game he was raising hell. Schobel seems to disappear.

The only person who should EVER be mentioned with Bruce is Reggie White.

Michael Strahan is probably the next best, and he's a distant third behind those two.

Schobel isn't even in the race.

ALL D
09-16-2008, 10:46 PM
well since the 90's team isn't including the 90's team, I would say yes...

I liked what Flutie, Moulds and Wades World did (besides the music city deal)

But this team is deep and solid throughout...

If you want to see how good a teams depth is just look att he performance of their Special Teams...

and we have an exceptional one...

Mitchell55
09-16-2008, 10:46 PM
The only person who should EVER be mentioned with Bruce is Reggie White.

Michael Strahan is probably the next best, and he's a distant third behind those two.

Schobel isn't even in the race.
I never said shobel was anywhere bruce

BADTHINGSMAN
09-16-2008, 10:49 PM
I never said shobel was anywhere bruce

No one is saying you did, we were just stating an opinion.

imbondz
09-16-2008, 10:52 PM
the '99 team that lost to the Titans was really really really really freakin' good. Much more confident than this team, and stronger on D.

dasaybz
09-16-2008, 10:53 PM
There is no way humanly possible that you can compare this team with a team that went to 4 super bowls. How can you even begin to compare Hardy with Lofton? Lofton is one of the best receivers to ever play the game and Hardy is a rookie. Then to say that we have an advantage with Reed, Parrish, and Johnson, Vs. Beebe, Tasker and Edwards is extremely puzzling.

Beebe was a very underrated WR, Tasker was a beast, and Al Edwards was an great kick returner.

This is just very very bad. I don't know how old you are, but I was around during the Bills' hayday, and this team has alot to prove before it can be though of in the same breath as those teams.

Mitchell55
09-16-2008, 11:01 PM
^ Ok. Beebe was at reeds stage. Parrish is a great return man. Hardy and Lofton are not equal in talent (yet) but both are similar in how the play.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-16-2008, 11:04 PM
I have the Bills vs Raiders 51-3 game on dvd this thread and seeing how the Raiders will be in town this weekend, no better time to watch it.

dasaybz
09-16-2008, 11:06 PM
How can you even remotely tell that Hardy is similar in how Lofton plays? Lofton was a ridiculous long ball threat, Hardy has what, 3 career catches? Hardy doesn't have Lofton's speed and separation abilities. Maybe Hardy will be good some day, but he's more of a Plaxico Burress type player, he's nowhere NEAR Lofton in any way shape or form.

As for Beebe, he was a MUCH better player than Reed ever will be. Reed is a possesion receiver, Beebe was a deep threat as well. His speed was 10 X better than Reeds.

dasaybz
09-16-2008, 11:07 PM
the '99 team that lost to the Titans was really really really really freakin' good. Much more confident than this team, and stronger on D.

That was probably the best defensive team the Bills ever had. If they beat the Titans, they probably go to the Super Bowl. Just sayin ...

ServoBillieves
09-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Way too early to compare to that greatness.

Shane Conlan, House Ballard, Nate Odomes... Damn. Could've been the greatest team in NFL history.

Oh wait.

They were.

Billieve!

Dujek
09-17-2008, 05:55 AM
The '99 team was better, with one notable exception and that was Rob Johnson.

Edwards is a far better QB than Johnson ever was.

BAM
09-17-2008, 06:21 AM
They certainly have the potential to be in a couple years. Maybe even next year with another solid draft and a couple contract extensions.