X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Bills Mature Rapidly

On the front page of the Cbssportsline nfl page.
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Re: Bills Mature Rapidly

So here is some professional opinions, unlike the talking heads and reporters. Some interesting point:

On Edwards - He does not have a top arm ... Buffalo contacts told me last year that, of the young quarterbacks they had been around, Edwards was one of the smartest at reading defenses.... I was told he did not have a good workout in the spring before the draft.

You know all we heard from Donahoe in terms of QB was "The Arm." That's what he saw from Bledsoe before he traded for him, and that's probably why he gave up that much for Losman. And from Chris Brown's blog on last year's draft, Edwards pick was one of the quickest decisions from the management, including Modrak.

On Peters - He was a tight end at Arkansas and was not drafted for a variety of reasons, which probably had to do mostly with weight issues and work-ethic concerns.

I was not crazy when I said I heard he has a history of being lazy. But he looked to be another example of Pat Williams who once humiliated and changed forever.

On Langston Walker - who had an inconsistent career in the NFL.

I think the Bills lucked out or they simply identified a guy who just stepped into his prime because he has been very consistent for us, last year and this year, or like his praise of Chambers, maybe the Bills do have good O-Line coaching that got these guys to improve so much.

Comment

• John Doe
      Florida Man
      • Jul 2002

Casserly picked the Bills to beat the Jags.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
        • Jul 2002

I've always thought Casserly was among the better minds of the NFL, with the exception of one really silly draft choice.

Interesting thing about Buffalo.
        Some people are going to thrive in that small town atmosphere and some athletes, used to being in a big city limelight environment, are not.

I like the atmosphere and I like the way this group seems to fit into it.

I don't think Donohoe ever figured that out, or if he did, he didn't do enough homework on his picks.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

Ha and it gets better because the article doesn't even mention Kawika Mitchell...

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Kawika Mitchell not withstanding, it was still a very good article. He also did not mention the promotion of Turk Schonert which is pretty important in the grand scheme of things. It is a testament to the ability and demeanor of the entire coaching staff that the Bills have gelled and matured into a cohesive team so quickly.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gameboy
              I've always thought Casserly was among the better minds of the NFL, with the exception of one really silly draft choice.

What silly draft choice are you referring to? Mario Williams instead of Reggie Bush? Because that turned out to be a great decision for the Texans. Mario Williams is an amazing player.

Comment

• Slim
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                What silly draft choice are you referring to? Mario Williams instead of Reggie Bush? Because that turned out to be a great decision for the Texans. Mario Williams is an amazing player.
                Maybe Carr.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

From an article called Young Bills turn Corner (or something like that).

coolguy22583541 (9 hours ago) Report Violation im also a patroits fan.Watchin the Bills turn the corner in built up their defense in offense is impressive.They also scare me as well.people talked about the jets in farve doesnt concern me like the bills do.i believe they are a playoff team.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

. Lee one of the best? He's not even a no.1 as far as some people here are concerned. Russ is an idiot. Ask Moran .
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Check the comments. We're getting love from East to West coast and even from a Pats fan!

Comment

Working...
                      X