PDA

View Full Version : San Jose Mercury News on how Stanford wasted Trent Edwards

okaydo
09-16-2008, 09:20 PM
LINK (http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/09/16/buffalos-trent-edwards-a-look-back-at-what-stanford-wasted-and-why/)

The Bills are my team, and were my team last year, because I believe they’re an AFC title-game level team in 2008.

I believe that because I believe in Marshawn Lynch–a rare power-speed/break-away/TD RB threat in the NFL.

The Bills are my team because I think Dick Jauron is one of the most under-rated coaches in the league and Buffalo’s a perfect place for him to remain under the radar, and piling up smart strategic weekends.

And the Bills are really my team because they were smart enough to draft Trent Edwards in the third round last year, after a Stanford career pock-marked by terrible coaching, injuries and neglible surrounding talent.

trapezeus
09-17-2008, 08:27 AM
very interesting article. thanks for the link.

Philagape
09-17-2008, 08:44 AM
The Edwards pick shows that the Bills' scouts and coaches, and a lot of other people, can tell when a QB on a bad offense is not to blame.

casdhf
09-17-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm sure the phone call from Bill Walsh didn't hurt.

justasportsfan
09-17-2008, 09:11 AM
I believe that because I believe in Marshawn Lynch–a rare power-speed/break-away/TD RB threat in the NFL.he is?