PDA

View Full Version : What if Henry demands a trade before camp begins?

Pride
04-28-2003, 12:34 PM
With everything that is going on, I am sure he is thinking it. Alot of teams would LOVE to have him. If he has already given up on the Bills Organization at this point, should we trade him now before he becomes second string?

There is some sarcasm there, as I still dont like our round 1 choice.

Stewie
04-28-2003, 12:35 PM
If that happens we say tough and hand him the ball 400 times this year anyway.

ArcticWildMan
04-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Guess that means McGahee is our starter ;)

The Natrix
04-28-2003, 12:37 PM
what is it you don't like?

His quickness? His ability to make something out of nothing? His extreme motivation? His huge upside?

BillsNYC
04-28-2003, 12:38 PM
this is the most pointless thread i've ever seen.

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Gary would be the starter.

McGahee would come in at the end of the season or next year.

Henry would be out of football for 2 years making nothing. It's not like he's got a fat contract to live off of. He was making rookie scratch the past 2 seasons.

That ain't going to happen.

ArcticWildMan
04-28-2003, 12:40 PM
this is the most pointless thread i've ever seen.

LOL!!! You may think so, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. Unless somebody on the board here has a direct line to Travis, you can't rule out such a scenario even if you think it's far fetched.

WG
04-28-2003, 12:46 PM
Dozer's right, it ain't gonna happen!

This team has better chances of any of going to the SB. Henry isn't going to give up on that. Ya gotta give the lad a few days to "kick the dog" so to speak. He can't be happy, and ya gotta respect that.

He'll play, he'll start, he'll do phenominally well unless Gilbride strikes!

There's no way on earth that if he plays the way he did last year only with 20+ carries per game, that we take him out and put in McGahee at the end of the season. It just won't happen.

Best case scenario for McGahee is that he gets 5-10 carries/game by years end.

Worst case is that he hurts himself while doing so.

The only thing that will drag Henry down is if he cannot get his fumbling under control. All he has to do is to fumble less. 5 times on the season would be fine.

I'm quite honestly far more concerned about Drew tossing INTs in all of our games v. Philly, Tennessee and our 3 divisional opponents.

The Natrix
04-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I'm quite honestly far more concerned about Drew tossing INTs in all of our games v. Philly, Tennessee and our 3 divisional opponents.

I agree. It is ridiculous to jump all over the addition of McGahee. We are set at RB. No worries there.

justasportsfan
04-28-2003, 01:02 PM
What if N Korea fires one of their missiles during a NFL game in California ?

Why would Henry be threatened by a RB who can barely walk?

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 01:11 PM
You forgot the Alien invasion!

http://www.horror-wood.com/madnes14.jpg

TypicalBill
04-28-2003, 01:18 PM
:lol:

Billsouth
04-28-2003, 07:34 PM
i say we try henry as the third cornerback as he has got to be better than watson.

Alluro
04-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Trade him to Dallas for a first and Galloway(they will reportedly release hm)...Olandis Gary is good enough to get through the season with.

BillsOwnAll
04-28-2003, 07:42 PM
why would he want to trade...i mean he knows mcgahee wont get much playing time and gary is there for goalline plays and 3rd downs to drive the ball in the middle.....i think TH knows he going to get alot of playing time on the bills this years PLUS he just signed a one year extension.

BillsOwnAll
04-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

The only thing that will drag Henry down is if he cannot get his fumbling under control. All he has to do is to fumble less. 5 times on the season would be fine. [/B]

last year was his first year as a starter...alot of the great RB's had fumbling problems there first year i think he worked on it during the off season.