PDA

View Full Version : John McCargo

BILLSROCK1212
09-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Is he just buried on the depth chart or does he just flat out suck??

OpIv37
09-16-2008, 09:56 PM
some from column A, some from column B.

He did have one nice pressure in the Jax game. He wasn't even activated for the SEA game.

Kyle Williams has overtaken him, plus with the acquisition of Stroud and Johnson, he's no better than 3rd on the depth chart. On top of that, both Johnson and Copeland Bryan can play DE or DT. I think McCargo's better at DT than Bryan, but he doesn't have the diversity to play DE.

There have been questions about McCargo's weight and work ethic. I honestly don't know if there's any real basis to them or if it's just conjecture based on his place on the depth chart.

Either way, he needs to step it up or he's going to be traded for a bag of used jock straps. I'm disappointed because he seemed to improve a lot last year before fading into oblivion this year.

Slim
09-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Little bit of both, he got in last game and made some noise though.

Scumbag College
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
I like what McCargo did against Jax. I think he was held on a play and could have gotten a sack, but of course it wasn't called. I still think he can be used effectively if subbed in. He can really penetrate into the backfield, no pun intended.

Lexwhat
09-16-2008, 11:22 PM
They benched him for the Seattle game to light a fire under his ass. He took it as motivation (hopefully that translates to on-the-field success).

I always thought that rotating defensive-linemen throughout a game is a great strategy. If McCargo can step up, we will have a nice quartet of defensive tackles.

Night Train
09-17-2008, 05:21 AM
I think he was held on a play and could have gotten a sack, but of course it wasn't called.

He beat the double team and that Guard tackled him around the waist. How could they not call that obvious penalty ! :down:

As part of the 4 man DT rotation, he's fine. Not the #1 pick we envisioned but far from useless.

BAM
09-17-2008, 05:51 AM
They had him sign my son's 1-year birthday card. He must be running out of things to do. :ill:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-17-2008, 07:26 AM
He's not contributing very much....kinda Eric Flowers-ish. Servicable, but only in very short spurts.

eee1776
09-17-2008, 08:15 AM
You have to look for him at this game against Oakland. Its show time for him. I haven't paid much attention to his playing time or lack of... But, I think this week he will get his share.

dannyek71
09-17-2008, 08:18 AM
He played well against JAX IMHO. While I don't see him as being worth a 1st round pick, he is a fairly decent player.

RedEyE
09-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Buffalo brought Stroud in becasue they saw all they were going to see out of McCargo. He makes a great rotation guy, but the fact that Spencer was signed this year and already moved higher on the depth chart speaks volumes. He's going to have to make a name for himself when he gets the chance if he stands to remain a Buffalo Bill in upcoming years.

Confused
09-17-2008, 08:26 AM
I think he is good trade bait. another 3rd?

HHURRICANE
09-17-2008, 08:38 AM
some from column A, some from column B.

He did have one nice pressure in the Jax game. He wasn't even activated for the SEA game.

Kyle Williams has overtaken him, plus with the acquisition of Stroud and Johnson, he's no better than 3rd on the depth chart. On top of that, both Johnson and Copeland Bryan can play DE or DT. I think McCargo's better at DT than Bryan, but he doesn't have the diversity to play DE.

There have been questions about McCargo's weight and work ethic. I honestly don't know if there's any real basis to them or if it's just conjecture based on his place on the depth chart.

Either way, he needs to step it up or he's going to be traded for a bag of used jock straps. I'm disappointed because he seemed to improve a lot last year before fading into oblivion this year.

It was reported that he got fined for the way he came into camp. I think he's in the doghouse but i also think he's talented. The team all of a sudden has tons of depth on the line. How Kyle Williams stepped up his game so much is a total shock to me.

OpIv37
09-17-2008, 11:51 AM
It was reported that he got fined for the way he came into camp. I think he's in the doghouse but i also think he's talented. The team all of a sudden has tons of depth on the line. How Kyle Williams stepped up his game so much is a total shock to me.

He called Roger Clemens' "doctor".

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Kyle Williams stepped up his game because he is playing next to Marcus Stroud and, to a lesser extent, Poz is back.

Jan Reimers
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm not writing McCargo off yet. Youboty has, more than ever, made me a believer in some young guys needing more time to mature than others.

madness
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
They had him sign my son's 1-year birthday card. He must be running out of things to do. :ill:

BAM isn't kidding. He signed my son's too. :ill: