PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember a guy by the name of Angelo Crowell

BILLSROCK1212
09-16-2008, 09:49 PM
I think we lost him 2 weeks ago.....was supposed to be a good player then went on IR for some bogus reason. Yea that guy, the guy everyone thought was one of our top 3 defensive players....yea that guy. Anyone think he would be in the top 3 now? If it means that this franchise will become a better all around team by losing him this offseason and signing someone else for either LB or some other position I am all for it!!

Goobylal
09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
A healthy Crowell would have been a great piece of the defense. Unfortunately it seems he delayed surgery until the worst possible time, and he paid the price for it.

G Wolly
09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
The name sounds familiar...

RingofFire
09-16-2008, 09:54 PM
he is a *****

Mitchy moo
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Who?

ALL D
09-16-2008, 10:42 PM
good ridance....

he is gone for good now...

jpdex12
09-16-2008, 10:58 PM
I heard from a friend that works security at the stadium that he was pulling some BS just before the season with this injury because he wanted the team to sign him long term and OBD wasn't going to play that horse ass game so they put him on IR for the season.

That's called hard ball if it's true!

Bilz12
09-16-2008, 11:02 PM
I was very impressed with Crowell his first year playing. Seems like it went downhill after that. Definitely replaceable.

dasaybz
09-16-2008, 11:10 PM
I think we lost him 2 weeks ago.....was supposed to be a good player then went on IR for some bogus reason. Yea that guy, the guy everyone thought was one of our top 3 defensive players....yea that guy. Anyone think he would be in the top 3 now? If it means that this franchise will become a better all around team by losing him this offseason and signing someone else for either LB or some other position I am all for it!!

Who is this Crowell you speak of?

I haven't noticed Ellison ONCE on the field ...

Ed
09-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Lets not kid ourselves. This defense would only be better if we had a healthy Crowell. It's great that we're still doing well, but it's too bad things turned out the way they did. It's not like we couldn't use another good player.

Lexwhat
09-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Crowell will never be a Bill again, but we can still upgrade over Keith Ellison to make this defense even stronger.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a MLB with our 1st pick (assuming a worthy player is available), and then moving Poz to SLB.

Dujek
09-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Good player, made a stupid decision and now he'll never play for the Bills again.

Scheduling surgery a few days before the start of your contract season is not a smart move.

don137
09-17-2008, 06:27 AM
On one side this team would have more depth and be better on defense with a healthy Crowell but on the flip side he tried to screw the fans and his teammates by pulling what he did. IMO if you try to screw the fans and your teammates you deserve what you got.

We need unity on this team not indiviudals.

Meathead
09-17-2008, 08:35 AM
i still dont buy the crowell on ir to teach him a lesson crap. that would be just stupid

so what if he wanted a new contract, the bills dont have to give him one. they obviously have decided hes not 'core' and were prepared to let him walk after this season. that leaves crowell with zero leverage

i strongly suspect the situation is what it appears on face value - a guy trying to wait out an injury until it got better and it just never did

besides, crowell has been around, he knows how the personnel game is played. he would have to be an absolute ****** to try to hold the bills hostage with his injury. it doesnt take nostradumbass to predict what would happen to his career and earning potential as a FA if he were to pull what you people seem to want to believe he did

but even if he did try to pull something its far better for dick to just call him into his office and remind him hes under contract and hes only massively screwing himself if he tries anything stupid. thats a two minute conversation and it would be plain stupid for the bills to slap the IR tag on him just to send a message like that

if the bills were confident he woulda been back in a few weeks you can bet your ass they woulda kept him active - even if he was being a little baby. a disgruntled Crowell is still better than an enthusiastic ellison

no, the bills put him in IR for exactly the reason they said - they couldnt determine how long he would be out and they needed the roster spot

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2008, 08:36 AM
A healthy Crowell would have been a great piece of the defense. Unfortunately it seems he delayed surgery until the worst possible time, and he paid the price for it.
Yep

The King
09-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Who?

Ditto...

I dont recall.

yordad
09-17-2008, 08:38 AM
LOL, duh. Seriously? Crowell is way better then Ellison. Way better.

This defense would be better with Crowell. He is a substantial loss.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2008, 08:40 AM
I actually think we are better without him. I always believed he was slighlty better than mediocre and the team is playing at a higher level without him.

yordad
09-17-2008, 08:47 AM
I actually think we are better without him. I always believed he was slighlty better than mediocre and the team is playing at a higher level without him.Our D is better this year. We don't have Crowell this year.

So, does that mean we are better because we don't have Crowell? Um.... NO. We are better despite the fact we don't have Crowell, and with him we would have been even better.

Does anyone remember Ellison was our weak link last year? Well, he still is.

IAG
09-17-2008, 09:02 AM
He will end up in the scrap heap down with the Dolphins after he is released.

Confused
09-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Brian Cushing?!

trapezeus
09-17-2008, 09:33 AM
i still dont buy the crowell on ir to teach him a lesson crap. that would be just stupid

so what if he wanted a new contract, the bills dont have to give him one. they obviously have decided hes not 'core' and were prepared to let him walk after this season. that leaves crowell with zero leverage

i strongly suspect the situation is what it appears on face value - a guy trying to wait out an injury until it got better and it just never did

besides, crowell has been around, he knows how the personnel game is played. he would have to be an absolute ****** to try to hold the bills hostage with his injury. it doesnt take nostradumbass to predict what would happen to his career and earning potential as a FA if he were to pull what you people seem to want to believe he did

but even if he did try to pull something its far better for dick to just call him into his office and remind him hes under contract and hes only massively screwing himself if he tries anything stupid. thats a two minute conversation and it would be plain stupid for the bills to slap the IR tag on him just to send a message like that

if the bills were confident he woulda been back in a few weeks you can bet your ass they woulda kept him active - even if he was being a little baby. a disgruntled Crowell is still better than an enthusiastic ellison

no, the bills put him in IR for exactly the reason they said - they couldnt determine how long he would be out and they needed the roster spot

even though the simplest answer is usually the right answer, it's usually more fun to make more drama out of the little stuff.

I wish crowell could have been healthy so that we weren't using our depth early in the season, but it is what it is. and we're 2-0

Saratoga Slim
09-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Lets not kid ourselves. This defense would only be better if we had a healthy Crowell. It's great that we're still doing well, but it's too bad things turned out the way they did. It's not like we couldn't use another good player.

I agree. The defense has looked good, but it'd be better with Crowell than Ellison. Just because we've played well without him doesn't mean he's not missed.

That said, I do think he can be replaced with a day 1 draft pick or a Kawika-caliber free agent this offseason.

yordad
09-17-2008, 09:47 AM
That said, I do think he can be replaced with a day 1 draft pick or a Kawika-caliber free agent this offseason.If you want a FA of his caliber, why wouldn't you just re-sign him?

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-17-2008, 09:50 AM

um angelo crowell, ya i know who he is..he'd be doing a hell of alot better than ellison..who i havent even heard of once yet, i dont think he's even making tackles..no one can tell me this D wouldnt be alot better if we still had crowell..but he's an idiot.

TigerJ
09-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah. I have his jersy. It's not worth as much as it was, and will probably decline further in value when he leaves the team as a free agent in the offseason, but I'll still wear it from time to time.

kernowboy
09-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Brian Cushing?!

or James Laurinaitis - I have seen mocks having him going at around No24 and No25 as teams have other priority needs.

Seriously the only really upgrade need this team has is TE, and looking at next years draft, the depth at TE is much better than in 2008.

I think our draft come 2009 will be BPA unless we are totally stocked in certain areas - we'll be drafting for depth and maybe for the future.