• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Be The GM:

Every Day I will post a scenario where you get to step out of the confines of you cubicle and be the GM. It will be all different players all different teams, all different scenarios.

Here's todays: You're the GM of the SF 49ers JT O'Sullivan is your starting QB. You need to sign one of the following WR's to help compliment Isaac Bruce.

Chris Henry CIN 6'4 200lbs

Justin Gage TEN 6'4 212lbs

Reggie Brown PHI 6'1 197lbs

Who do you sign and why?

QB: JT Osullivan
    RB: Frank Gore
    WR1: ????????????????????
    WR2: Bruce
    TE Davis.
    Last edited by The King; 09-17-2008, 08:39 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Re: Be The GM:

cubicle. funny.

I would sign Henry. I think he is the best of the group, and since he is a hard case, He would come cheep, freeing up loot for another playmaker.

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Funny, I actually agree. Sure he's nuts but the risk could pay out. He's definitely the best WR of the group. The flip side though is for a young inexperienced QB, having a difficult personality like Henry could make things difficult.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Brown. He works hard in practice and can get it done on the field. He's also young and shows much promise.

Henry is too much a liability, something the 49ers can't afford.

Gage could be servicable and has a few years of experience, but he'll never bee more than a 700-800 yard receiver.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RedEyE
          Brown. He works hard in practice and can get it done on the field. He's also young and shows much promise.

Henry is too much a liability, something the 49ers can't afford.

Gage could be servicable and has a few years of experience, but he'll never bee more than a 700-800 yard receiver.
          Great Points!
          It was all

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Well Bruce is washed up as it is. I go Gage as he is a big possesion type.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

From what I read Brown was about to get cut in Philly but didnt because of many injuries.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

No question its Reggie Brown.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

if you put the word 'you' in front of 'be the gm' i will be forced to contact my attorney
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Well Bruce is washed up as it is. I go Gage as he is a big possesion type.
                    While I agree on Gage's ability to move the chains, that only proves my point that he'll never amount to anything but a 2nd or 3rd option at WR. I could be mistaken here, but MBeddard was asking about filling the WR1 slot.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

While I agree on Gage's ability to move the chains, that only proves my point that he'll never amount to anything but a 2nd or 3rd option at WR. I could be mistaken here, but MBeddard was asking about filling the WR1 slot.
                      Also keep in mind that over the course of his career he has really only been able to connect with Kerry Collins but has struggled under other QB's.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
                        if you put the word 'you' in front of 'be the gm' i will be forced to contact my attorney
                        My legal team doesn't cut corners. Welcome to Be the Gm:
                        It was all

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

I could be mistaken here, but MBeddard was asking about filling the WR1 slot.
                          It was all

Comment

• Dujek
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2008

None of them really fill me with confidence as far as being a #1 receiver, but I think I'd take Reggie Brown ahead of the others.

Henry has talent but has a bad attitude, and without the help of two quality receivers like Johnson and Houshmandzadeh may find it difficult to produce.

Gage hasn't shown any signs of being anything more than a #2 receiver, and is really no more than a glorified #3.

Brown has produced reasonable figures the last two seasons with either an over-the-hill QB or a QB who was still recovering from injury. Of the three he would be the best pick.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                              My legal team doesn't cut corners. Welcome to Be the Gm:
                              Don't worry "You Be the GM" will be back come March and April
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X