PDA

View Full Version : Be The GM:

The King
09-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Every Day I will post a scenario where you get to step out of the confines of you cubicle and be the GM. It will be all different players all different teams, all different scenarios.

Here's todays: You're the GM of the SF 49ers JT O'Sullivan is your starting QB. You need to sign one of the following WR's to help compliment Isaac Bruce.

Chris Henry CIN 6'4 200lbs
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7259

Justin Gage TEN 6'4 212lbs
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6479

Reggie Brown PHI 6'1 197lbs
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7211

Who do you sign and why?

QB: JT Osullivan
RB: Frank Gore
WR1: ????????????????????
WR2: Bruce
TE Davis.

Confused
09-17-2008, 08:22 AM
cubicle. funny.

I would sign Henry. I think he is the best of the group, and since he is a hard case, He would come cheep, freeing up loot for another playmaker.

The King
09-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Funny, I actually agree. Sure he's nuts but the risk could pay out. He's definitely the best WR of the group. The flip side though is for a young inexperienced QB, having a difficult personality like Henry could make things difficult.

RedEyE
09-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Brown. He works hard in practice and can get it done on the field. He's also young and shows much promise.

Henry is too much a liability, something the 49ers can't afford.

Gage could be servicable and has a few years of experience, but he'll never bee more than a 700-800 yard receiver.

The King
09-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Brown. He works hard in practice and can get it done on the field. He's also young and shows much promise.

Henry is too much a liability, something the 49ers can't afford.

Gage could be servicable and has a few years of experience, but he'll never bee more than a 700-800 yard receiver.

Great Points!:up:

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Well Bruce is washed up as it is. I go Gage as he is a big possesion type.

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2008, 08:35 AM
From what I read Brown was about to get cut in Philly but didnt because of many injuries.

DraftBoy
09-17-2008, 08:36 AM
No question its Reggie Brown.

Meathead
09-17-2008, 08:37 AM
if you put the word 'you' in front of 'be the gm' i will be forced to contact my attorney

RedEyE
09-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Well Bruce is washed up as it is. I go Gage as he is a big possesion type.

While I agree on Gage's ability to move the chains, that only proves my point that he'll never amount to anything but a 2nd or 3rd option at WR. I could be mistaken here, but MBeddard was asking about filling the WR1 slot.

DraftBoy
09-17-2008, 08:41 AM
While I agree on Gage's ability to move the chains, that only proves my point that he'll never amount to anything but a 2nd or 3rd option at WR. I could be mistaken here, but MBeddard was asking about filling the WR1 slot.

Also keep in mind that over the course of his career he has really only been able to connect with Kerry Collins but has struggled under other QB's.

The King
09-17-2008, 08:42 AM
if you put the word 'you' in front of 'be the gm' i will be forced to contact my attorney

My legal team doesn't cut corners. Welcome to Be the Gm:

The King
09-17-2008, 08:44 AM
I could be mistaken here, but MBeddard was asking about filling the WR1 slot.

:up:

Dujek
09-17-2008, 08:57 AM
None of them really fill me with confidence as far as being a #1 receiver, but I think I'd take Reggie Brown ahead of the others.

Henry has talent but has a bad attitude, and without the help of two quality receivers like Johnson and Houshmandzadeh may find it difficult to produce.

Gage hasn't shown any signs of being anything more than a #2 receiver, and is really no more than a glorified #3.

Brown has produced reasonable figures the last two seasons with either an over-the-hill QB or a QB who was still recovering from injury. Of the three he would be the best pick.

DraftBoy
09-17-2008, 09:00 AM
My legal team doesn't cut corners. Welcome to Be the Gm:

Don't worry "You Be the GM" will be back come March and April :up: