PDA

View Full Version : Article: Pro Football Talk on McGahee Pick

Pride
04-28-2003, 01:44 PM
BILLS HIT BY TOO MANY SNOWBALLS?

Even though all seems to be all hunky-dory with the Bills and their selection of Miami RB Willis McGahee, any assumption by the Bills brass that McGahee and his agent Drew "Please Remove Your Face From The Camera Now -- And Take Off That Hideous Orange Shirt Too" Rosenhaus will give them a break on the contract for The Injured One is, per one NFL official, "in no way in hell going to happen." Per several front office types, the Bills camp will try to shove an incentive laden, bonus reduced deal down the throat cavity of the McGahee clan since, in reality, any playing of the RB in 2003 will be limited (if you drafted the guy as a #1 would you rush him back on the field in 2003?). Tangerine Boy, on the other hand, will most likely want a market deal -- not only for his client's well being but also for recruiting purposes for the 2004 draft. Since McGahee is not 100% healthy, any protracted hold out will not hurt the player.

By the way, several teams we spoke to this morning said that they still had major reservations about the knee of McGahee and felt he was too much of a risk to waste a 1st day pick on.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

HenryRules
04-28-2003, 01:54 PM
What other GM's have to say without giving their name is of no concern at all to me. If the guy was at all credible, why not reveal who he is? Its just a case of reporters trying to create news if you ask me.

ct bills fan
04-28-2003, 02:55 PM
Yeah, do you expect GM's who didn't draft him to say, "His knee will be fine, and that was one great pick." ??

lordofgun
04-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Pro Football Talk sucks. I bet they didn't talk to one GM...all a bunch of crap...

clumping platelets
04-29-2003, 03:49 AM
Dan Leberfeld from Jets Confidential said on Angles that it was a great pick

RedEyE
04-29-2003, 05:24 AM
I feel that Mcgahee is a gamble, but the Bills have the resources to pull it off. If McGahee pans out the Bills will reap the benefits. If he doesn't, well then the Bills obviously wasted a big pick (or gave away Peerless for nothing - depending on how you look at it). TD has yet to steer us wrong. Rosenhaus is an idiot. 3/4 of the individuals posting on this board can do a better job as an agent.