PDA

View Full Version : The Flem File: Bills Observations

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2008, 11:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/080917&sportCat=nfl

A bunch of Bills comments, but he mistakenly said Edward's 37 yarder to Evans was to Hardy. Already emailed him to correct that.

Also, he has 21 so called Buffalo Bills observations, and more than half are about other teams. A bunch are about our week 2 opponent, Jax, but just saying..

Lexwhat
09-17-2008, 12:00 PM
I liked this one:

BBON12: Besides having, maybe, the best name in all of sports, Buff corner Ashton Youboty has already collected 11 tackles and a sack in 2008. Maybe the best open-field tackler I've seen so far this season, Youboty (pronounced, sadly: You-boatee) has a skinny 189-pound frame but a remarkable physical presence on the field and a high tolerance for pain. After the game, the left side of his face was swollen like he had just come from a bad dentist appointment and he had to shake with his left hand because his right was out of commission.

Kenny
09-17-2008, 12:01 PM
I love this one:

BBON20: "This is a good start," says Bills MLB Paul Posluszny who invented a new style of tackling -- the Exorcist -- on Jags RB Maurice Jones-Drew. "But the best sign for us is that we still have a lot of things we can work on and get better at. We're winning games but we're not playing our best football."

Lexwhat
09-17-2008, 12:02 PM
BBON21: Hardy, who hauled in the go-ahead TD pass in the fourth quarter, had a "hungry look in his eye," according to Jauron. A look and an attitude that, so far in 2008, defines this franchise.

Lexwhat
09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
BBON10: One of my locker room interviews was interrupted by a Bills player heaving into a trash can 10 feet away

Lexwhat
09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
BBON9: When I heard Buff coach Dick Jauron say, "We have a sense that we have a chance to be a decent team, you know, we're playing OK so far," I wanted to yell out, "OH COME ON! YOU JUST BEAT TWO PLAYOFF TEAMS TO OPEN THE SEASON!" But ya know, I think he actually believes this and, more importantly, the team has bought into the attitude as well. Jauron seemed to use the phrases "suck it up" and "keep slogging" a dozen times Sunday.

raphael120
09-17-2008, 12:05 PM
It would be nice, wouldn't it, if the team won a Super Bowl before moving to Canada.

This guy can eat my ass.

The Bills keep playing this good, I will chain myself to Ralph Wilson Stadium and have a hunger strike. (you can still drink beer during hunger strikes, right??)

yordad
09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
This guy can eat my ass.

The Bills keep playing this good, I will chain myself to Ralph Wilson Stadium and have a hunger strike. (you can still drink beer during hunger strikes, right??)Well, there is a potato in every beer, but if it helps you decide to do it, then yeah, you can have beer. :band:

BAM
09-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Hah some of that is hilarious. Great find I've never read his column before.

BBON10: One of my locker room interviews was interrupted by a Bills player heaving into a trash can 10 feet away.

BBON12: Besides having, maybe, the best name in all of sports, Buff corner Ashton Youboty has already collected 11 tackles and a sack in 2008. Maybe the best open-field tackler I've seen so far this season, Youboty (pronounced, sadly: You-boatee) has a skinny 189-pound frame but a remarkable physical presence on the field and a high tolerance for pain. After the game, the left side of his face was swollen like he had just come from a bad dentist appointment and he had to shake with his left hand because his right was out of commission.

BBON19: While working the locker room a member of the Bills staff told me he was a fan of the Flem File, which can only mean one thing: The Bills are now my top pick to win the next five Super Bowls.

BBON20: "This is a good start," says Bills MLB Paul Posluszny who invented a new style of tackling -- the Exorcist -- on Jags RB Maurice Jones-Drew. "But the best sign for us is that we still have a lot of things we can work on and get better at. We're winning games but we're not playing our best football."

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2008, 12:12 PM
This guy can eat my ass.

The Bills keep playing this good, I will chain myself to Ralph Wilson Stadium and have a hunger strike. (you can still drink beer during hunger strikes, right??)

Ya this guy obviously has no idea who the Bills are and just happened to be in Jax the day of the game, and now that a lot of "experts" are jumping on the wagon, he may as well, too, so he sucked up to the Bills fans.

I agree with the one comment on this article, in which someone says his Flem File articles are basically a weak-a** version of TMQ.

Oaf
09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
That's crazy about Youboty and the hurling bit. Heard Whitner was in pretty bad shape as well. Talk about giving 100%.. What a team. :love: