PDA

View Full Version : Lets Trade JP To Minny

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2008, 12:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3593304

The Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min), with an 0-2 start to the season, are turning to veteran Gus Frerotte (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=622) to bring them out of the hole.
No coach had more faith in his quarterback than coach Brad Childress had in Tarvaris Jackson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9650), who has had 14 career starts. But Childress named Frerotte the starter for the remainder of the season, announcing the decision at his Wednesday media availability.

I said this in the NFL zone, but thought it might be a viable point: Jackson has been benched for the year, so they obviously have given up on his sorry arse. I think Jackson is a poor-man's JP, meaning the one thing JP can do well, which is heave the ball with some accuracy, is Jackson's kryptonite. Jackson cant hit much, but his deep accuracy is horrendous.

I bet JP would lead that team to a pretty decent record. I wonder if there has been any communication there, because I'd take a 2nd rounder for him...:D:

RingofFire
09-17-2008, 12:49 PM
I wanna keep JP till offseason unless we really get a 2nd.

I doubt we get that.

RingofFire
09-17-2008, 12:50 PM
JP is the same style erratic, mobile QB with strong arm and bad decision making. I doubt they want that type of QB. They should have traded for Pennington

Lexwhat
Why would they even want Losman?

Lexwhat
JP is the same style erratic, mobile QB with strong arm and bad decision making. I doubt they want that type of QB. They should have traded for Pennington

Exactly.

cocamide
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
JP is a good backup. If Edwards goes down, we would be wishing he was still on our team. However, if they did give us a 2nd round pick, we could always sign Chris Simms or someone like him.

Pride
09-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Noone outside of Buffalo thinks JP is worth anything.

While I think he is a great insurance policy, I dont think any team in the league looks at him as a potential starter for their team.

He stays put until the offseason when he leaves as an URFA.

Mr. Miyagi
09-17-2008, 12:53 PM
If I were Childress I would've been on the phone with Tampa Bay already last week for a trade for Garcia. Similar WCO, Garcia wants to be a starter. I'd give them a 3rd for a starting QB for the next 2-3 years.

The Spaz
What a waste of a good team. They have a solid o and a good d and no QB.

BlackMetalNinja
At this point it would take a lot more than we're going to get for JP to move him. This team needs him as a backup insurance policy and anything short of a high level draft pick isn't going to change that.

The Spaz
09-17-2008, 12:54 PM
If I were Childress I would've been on the phone with Tampa Bay already last week for a trade for Garcia. Similar WCO, Garcia wants to be a starter. I'd give them a 3rd for a starting QB for the next 2-3 years.

Good point Garcia would be great for the Vikings.

Saratoga Slim
09-17-2008, 12:55 PM
JP Losman for Adrian Peterson. Straight up.

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2008, 12:55 PM
I wanna keep JP till offseason unless we really get a 2nd.

I doubt we get that.

I never said he was worth it or that they would even want him, I was just wondering if there would be any interest. They did just give up on their main QB and are starting Gus Frerotte, after all.

And I agree that he is a great backup at this point, just throwing it out there that they might want a QB, seeing as how JP is better than Frerotte or Jackson IMO.

RingofFire
09-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Simms got signed by Titans.

I def would be calling the Buccs about Garcia. But i don't know if they would want to trade him to a team fighting for WC spot.

The King
09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
JP needs to be on this team unless we get a veteran back up to replace him. He is more important to this team now than ever.

bigbub2352
09-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Right now u need JP in case of injury to trade JP now would be a mistake
We should have addressed the issue in the offseason and had someone drafted our brought in then traded JP
But now would be a mistake

Mr. Miyagi
09-17-2008, 01:01 PM
JP needs to be on this team unless we get a veteran back up to replace him. He is more important to this team now than ever.
In fact I wouldn't be opposed to extending JP as a backup role if he would agree to it.

Mr. Miyagi
09-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Right now u need JP in case of injury to trade JP now would be a mistake
We should have addressed the issue in the offseason and had someone drafted our brought in then traded JP
But now would be a mistake
Doesn't Jules haven the same avatar?

The King
09-17-2008, 01:03 PM
In fact I wouldn't be opposed to extending JP as a backup role if he would agree to it.

Im cool with it. Trents play has quieted any QB controversy. We need someone just in case. JP knows the players and the offense.

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Who would be our backup then? Hamden

The Spaz
09-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Who would be our backup then? Hamden

Yep. Hamdan seems to communicate with with Edwards more than JP does.(at least that's how it looks on TV)

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Again, this is more of a facetious post bc A) I like JP and want him to remain a Bill, as a backup and B) Minny doesnt want him.

It was more to say that Minny would be a better team with our backup QB in there than they are right now.

BuffRanger
09-17-2008, 01:22 PM
If anybody was willing to give something up for him he would have been gone during the offseason. Buffalo fans have to just accept the fact that the guy is a terrible QB, and the market is pretty weak right now for terrible QB's. Chris Simms was just floating around until last week. Chris Simms is a better QB than Losman.

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2008, 01:23 PM
If anybody was willing to give something up for him he would have been gone during the offseason. Buffalo fans have to just accept the fact that the guy is a terrible QB, and the market is pretty weak right now for terrible QB's. Chris Simms was just floating around until last week. Chris Simms is a better QB than Losman.

Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte are not.

gr8slayer
09-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I think I'd rather hold on to Losman this season just in case Edwards goes down. That is unless of course they are willing to dish out something stupid for him.

Jan Reimers
09-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Again, this is more of a facetious post bc A) I like JP and want him to remain a Bill, as a backup and B) Minny doesnt want him.

It was more to say that Minny would be a better team with our backup QB in there than they are right now.
I'm glad you explained, because it would make no sense for us to trade away a veteran, backup QB who knows our system, can step in for Trent in case of injury, and gives us a decent chance of winning.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Noone outside of Buffalo thinks JP is worth anything.

No one besides a few of his fans.

justasportsfan
09-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Yep. Hamdan seems to communicate with with Edwards more than JP does.(at least that's how it looks on TV)
JP has more communication with Evans, Parrish, reed.

Hamdan will have his shot next year but I'm almost sure he'll have competition with Baker.

Unless someone is willing to overpay for JP. He stays.

justasportsfan
09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
No one besides a few of his fans.
look who decided to show up. Didn't you predict JP will be starting at some point soon ? Guess not. Trent is playing lights out. opposite of what you predicted.

yordad
09-17-2008, 02:01 PM
I think JP would be whoopin some booty with them had they been smart enough to make a play for him in the offseason.

Now we are keeping him til the contract is over.

thenry20
09-17-2008, 02:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3593304

The Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min), with an 0-2 start to the season, are turning to veteran Gus Frerotte (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=622) to bring them out of the hole.
No coach had more faith in his quarterback than coach Brad Childress had in Tarvaris Jackson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9650), who has had 14 career starts. But Childress named Frerotte the starter for the remainder of the season, announcing the decision at his Wednesday media availability.

I said this in the NFL zone, but thought it might be a viable point: Jackson has been benched for the year, so they obviously have given up on his sorry arse. I think Jackson is a poor-man's JP, meaning the one thing JP can do well, which is heave the ball with some accuracy, is Jackson's kryptonite. Jackson cant hit much, but his deep accuracy is horrendous.

I bet JP would lead that team to a pretty decent record. I wonder if there has been any communication there, because I'd take a 2nd rounder for him...:D:

Who's gonna be TE capable backup should something happen? Ya, I didn't think so.

:crap:

TacklingDummy
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
look who decided to show up. Didn't you predict JP will be starting at some point soon ? Guess not. Trent is playing lights out. opposite of what you predicted.

My predictions were based mostly on Trents injury history. So far so good. :up:

I also did not predict Trent to fail. As my signature has said for over a year "Help us, Trent Edwards. You're our only hope."

Pinkerton Security
09-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Who's gonna be TE capable backup should something happen? Ya, I didn't think so.

:crap:

read the rest of the thread there, travis. and stop impregnating women!

trapezeus
09-17-2008, 02:03 PM
if minny has someone along the lines of spencer johnson that they want to give us, i'd be interested in offers. you have a team desperate for a QB. If they want to overpay, you got to look at the offer.

i don't believe there is a blanket "no" on any backup position. We're in the driver seat by having what they need. they got to give us something we want.

Lexwhat
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM

But I wonder where djjimkelly is? :snicker:

Lexwhat
09-17-2008, 02:11 PM
if minny has someone along the lines of spencer johnson that they want to give us, i'd be interested in offers. you have a team desperate for a QB. If they want to overpay, you got to look at the offer.

i don't believe there is a blanket "no" on any backup position. We're in the driver seat by having what they need. they got to give us something we want.

They already gave us Spencer Johnson, lol.

Lexwhat
09-17-2008, 02:12 PM

I wouldnt be opposed to it either, but have you seen JP on the sidelines this year??

That guy can't wait to leave this town.

The Spaz
09-17-2008, 02:18 PM
JP has more communication with Evans, Parrish, reed.

Hamdan will have his shot next year but I'm almost sure he'll have competition with Baker.

Unless someone is willing to overpay for JP. He stays.

I'm just saying you would think JP would be with the QB's giving some insight and advice.

justasportsfan
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm just saying you would think JP would be with the QB's giving some insight and advice.
we don't know whats going on on the sidelines. Pat Moran attempted to make it look like Jp doesn't communicate with anyone on the sidelines from watching tv and the result was, Evans and co. backed JP up . Lets not make any conclusions. If JP is any distraction or isn't doing what he is supposed to do our FO would've shipped his arse already .

The Spaz
09-17-2008, 02:25 PM
we don't know whats going on on the sidelines. Pat Moran attempted to make it look like Jp doesn't communicate with anyone on the sidelines from watching tv and the result was, Evans and co. backed him up . Lets not make any conclusions. If JP is any distraction or isn't doing what he is supposed to do our FO would've shipped his arse already .

I guess but if he isn't with Hamdan or Edwards what exactly is he doing? I don't want to assume but what else can I go off of besides what I see on TV? It's always Hamdan going over plays with Turk and VanPelt.

trapezeus
09-17-2008, 02:32 PM
They already gave us Spencer Johnson, lol.

i know, but i'm saying if they have some high quality guy that they're willing to give up on that we think has a lot of value, we should be looking at the offer seriously. if they offer us some token dude, then forget it.

i'm still working on the magic of Turk. if he is as good as he is suppose to be and he can make it easier on the QB's, one has to assume that he can plug and play anyone. But i'm sure it's not that easy. So you keep jp, but if there is a once in a lifetime trade up there, you make it.

eyedog
09-17-2008, 02:38 PM
T. Jackson sucks. Another small school qb that isn't anywhere close to playing in the NFL. He's one of those guys that gm's draft to show they know more than everyone else and how smart they are. Throw him on the scrap heap. If Minny had any qb play they could easily be 2-0 right now.
As for JP, I would not trade him now unless they offer something incredibly stupid. {2nd or better}. JP is more valuable to the Bills this year in case TE goes down.

justasportsfan
09-17-2008, 02:40 PM
T. Jackson sucks. Another small school qb that isn't anywhere close to playing in the NFL. .
Isn't Cutler from a small school?

trapezeus
09-17-2008, 02:41 PM
vandy isn't a small school. it's program is consistently weak, but they always have a couple players come out from there.

justasportsfan
09-17-2008, 02:44 PM
vandy isn't a small school. it's program is consistently weak, but they always have a couple players come out from there.
thats what they were saying about Cutler on the radio. He's from a bad to small football program yet he's doing so much better than Young and Lienert.

eyedog
09-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Cutler played in the SEC. WTF.

trapezeus
09-17-2008, 03:07 PM
i'll admit i know very little about college football and the divisions. i only know vandy because my uncle is a professor there and he's a big fan. and my dad always ragged on him on how bad the team has been. but every year there is a player or two that come out of there that are serviceable. never a QB, but other positions.

I'll say this until i'm blue in the face, but i have mad respect for Cutler. To play as well as he did last year with undiagnosed type 1 diabetes is ridiculous. my wife has type 1 and when her blood sugar gets too high, it is impossible for her to focus on things and when it gets really high, she has a tough time having energy. To play NFL games like that is just mind boggling. And now that it's diagnosed and he looks so much better, you just have to admire him for it.

tat2dmike77
09-17-2008, 03:26 PM
At this point it would take a lot more than we're going to get for JP to move him. This team needs him as a backup insurance policy and anything short of a high level draft pick isn't going to change that.

Yup if TE were to go down we would all be complaining for JP to still be here. I know someone said we could sign Simms but that would mean he would have to learn the playbook. JP (i would hope) knows the playbook and is familar with the players on the team.

Nobody is going to offer anything for JP except maybe a bag of chips. He got his money and i hope he didn't blow all his cash. He will end up somewhere next season just not here. Hell if Rian Leaf can get a second chance at being a QB so can JP.

tat2dmike77
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
thats what they were saying about Cutler on the radio. He's from a bad to small football program yet he's doing so much better than Young and Lienert.

Because Young and Lienart were told how great they were while they were in college. So they got a big head thinking "I am great no matter what."

Cutler had to work to get his respect. I'm not saying that Young and Lienart don't work hard but Cutler did not have someone telling him how great he was during his career at Vandy.

Now to my other point. I think Lienart is nothing more then a great COLLEGE QB. There is nothing wrong with that at all cause hell i never played past High School. Young is the same as well. He is baby that needs to grow up. Oh i feel so bad for Young for getting BOOOED poor baby. Man up and work your ass off in practice and study your ass off in the film room.

Night Train
09-17-2008, 05:10 PM
We're 2-0.

Why exactly do we need to weaken our roster & help someone else this year ?

Akhippo
09-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Our window is wide open this year. Especially with NE dropping to the rest of the division. We need JP for his familiarity with the team. He drives me nuts watching him play, but if he was our only hope, I feel at least semi confident he could do it.

Hes a C+ as a starter but an A- as a backup. Most backups arent even good backups.

Oaf
09-17-2008, 10:33 PM
I think they're making a huge mistake. What are they going get to with Ferrotte? 8-8? (My original prediction) This should cost Childress his job IMO, especially when Ferrotte flops and they stick a mentally broken Jackson back in there. It's been two damn games. That's even worse than Buffalo. Speaking of which, this reminds me a lot of JP/Holcomb in 2005. Where did we go that year? Where's Holcomb now? Did we ever find out if JP could be a capable starter after that?

Might as well see if the kid is going to sink or swim. You can't judge him against the Pack and Colts. We've seen the benefits of knowing who your QB is for the long haul, too bad the Vikings can't see that and now are starting a proven failure. I'd rather have Holcomb or JT O'Sullivan than Ferotte.

Lexwhat
09-17-2008, 11:05 PM
i know, but i'm saying if they have some high quality guy that they're willing to give up on that we think has a lot of value, we should be looking at the offer seriously. if they offer us some token dude, then forget it.

i'm still working on the magic of Turk. if he is as good as he is suppose to be and he can make it easier on the QB's, one has to assume that he can plug and play anyone. But i'm sure it's not that easy. So you keep jp, but if there is a once in a lifetime trade up there, you make it.

I checked out their depth chart, just for fun, and saw no one that could help us. Check it out: http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/depthchart?team=MIN

They got a weird depth chart ... They have 6 total RBs/FBs, but only 7 total LBs/Safeties.

mikemac2001
09-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Jp could save the season if trent goes down for 4 weeks we want JP to maybe save 2 or 3 wins

so **** trading him i want playoffs not a 3rd rd pick if that

trapezeus
09-18-2008, 10:36 AM
agreed a top pick does us nothing.

bills_7
09-18-2008, 12:05 PM
we need jp all year,, its only been 2 games relax,, so many twists and turns lay ahead,, jp could be our starter still,, its the NFL u just dont know