• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Lets Trade JP To Minny

The Minnesota Vikings, with an 0-2 start to the season, are turning to veteran Gus Frerotte to bring them out of the hole.

The Minnesota Vikings, with an 0-2 start to the season, are turning to veteran Gus Frerotte to bring them out of the hole.
    No coach had more faith in his quarterback than coach Brad Childress had in Tarvaris Jackson, who has had 14 career starts. But Childress named Frerotte the starter for the remainder of the season, announcing the decision at his Wednesday media availability.

I said this in the NFL zone, but thought it might be a viable point: Jackson has been benched for the year, so they obviously have given up on his sorry arse. I think Jackson is a poor-man's JP, meaning the one thing JP can do well, which is heave the ball with some accuracy, is Jackson's kryptonite. Jackson cant hit much, but his deep accuracy is horrendous.

I bet JP would lead that team to a pretty decent record. I wonder if there has been any communication there, because I'd take a 2nd rounder for him...

• RingofFire
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2007

Re: Lets Trade JP To Minny

I wanna keep JP till offseason unless we really get a 2nd.

I doubt we get that.

Comment

• RingofFire
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2007

JP is the same style erratic, mobile QB with strong arm and bad decision making. I doubt they want that type of QB. They should have traded for Pennington

Comment

• Lexwhat
        • Feb 2005

Why would they even want Losman?

Comment

• Lexwhat
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RingofFire
          JP is the same style erratic, mobile QB with strong arm and bad decision making. I doubt they want that type of QB. They should have traded for Pennington
          Exactly.

Comment

• cocamide
            • Oct 2006

JP is a good backup. If Edwards goes down, we would be wishing he was still on our team. However, if they did give us a 2nd round pick, we could always sign Chris Simms or someone like him.

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Noone outside of Buffalo thinks JP is worth anything.

While I think he is a great insurance policy, I dont think any team in the league looks at him as a potential starter for their team.

He stays put until the offseason when he leaves as an URFA.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

If I were Childress I would've been on the phone with Tampa Bay already last week for a trade for Garcia. Similar WCO, Garcia wants to be a starter. I'd give them a 3rd for a starting QB for the next 2-3 years.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

What a waste of a good team. They have a solid o and a good d and no QB.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                    • May 2005

At this point it would take a lot more than we're going to get for JP to move him. This team needs him as a backup insurance policy and anything short of a high level draft pick isn't going to change that.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      If I were Childress I would've been on the phone with Tampa Bay already last week for a trade for Garcia. Similar WCO, Garcia wants to be a starter. I'd give them a 3rd for a starting QB for the next 2-3 years.
                      Good point Garcia would be great for the Vikings.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

JP Losman for Adrian Peterson. Straight up.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by RingofFire
                          I wanna keep JP till offseason unless we really get a 2nd.

I doubt we get that.
                          I never said he was worth it or that they would even want him, I was just wondering if there would be any interest. They did just give up on their main QB and are starting Gus Frerotte, after all.

And I agree that he is a great backup at this point, just throwing it out there that they might want a QB, seeing as how JP is better than Frerotte or Jackson IMO.

Comment

• RingofFire
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2007

Simms got signed by Titans.

I def would be calling the Buccs about Garcia. But i don't know if they would want to trade him to a team fighting for WC spot.

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

JP needs to be on this team unless we get a veteran back up to replace him. He is more important to this team now than ever.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X