PDA

View Full Version : Wys, Please set the record straight!

Ebenezer
04-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Wys, could you do us a favor? The Bills now have 93 players on their roster (NFLE, draftees and 80 other players). Just so we can keep up with you can you tell us exactly how many guys you like?? The more I read I don't think you like any player on the roster right now but Moulds, P. Williams, Spikes and M. Williams. Could you clarify.

BTW, great sauce Saturday thanks...the new Sweet and Tangy Hot is great!!!!!

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 02:29 PM
He likes Prolieau- He's an established player- (In his Humble Opinion)

Earthquake Enyart
04-28-2003, 02:30 PM
I think he is starting to put caffene in that sauce. :eek:

Patrick76777
04-28-2003, 03:02 PM
I feel a ripple in the force. As if we’re about to experience a post like we have never experienced before. A post that could have the size and power to end all posts! I fear that Eb has started something that will be the beginning of the end for us all. At this point we can only hope and pray that it doesn’t come.

Tatonka
04-28-2003, 03:04 PM
he wont do that, because if he stated all that.. then it would make him look incorrect when he pulls a 180 on his opinion. like last summer when shawn bryson was god and henry was crap.

TypicalBill
04-28-2003, 03:05 PM
I feel a ripple in the force. As if we’re about to experience a post like we have never experienced before. A post that could have the size and power to end all posts! I fear that Eb has started something that will be the beginning of the end for us all. At this point we can only hope and pray that it doesn’t come.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! patrick :rofl: :laughter:

The_Philster
04-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

:lol: :pray:

If he does this, we need a blame Eb smilie made up. :D

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 04:27 PM

I will Crush the Rebel Ostrich scum!

The_Philster
04-28-2003, 04:34 PM
:rofl:

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 04:38 PM
You are not my father!

TypicalBill
04-28-2003, 04:40 PM
:snicker2:

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Oh no! He's going after Drew Bledsoe's head!

Use the force, Thurm! Use the force!

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Sorry- got carried away.......:ontome:

TypicalBill
04-28-2003, 05:05 PM
That last one was too much ROFL!! ....maybe you did get carried away with that last one :laughter:

Earthquake Enyart
04-29-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
You are not my father!

That pic is one of the funniest damn things I've seen. :rofl:

clumping platelets
04-29-2003, 07:54 AM
:rofl:

Aero II
04-29-2003, 07:58 AM
This is way too funny.

Valerie
04-29-2003, 09:20 AM
:chuckle: And here I thought I was going to read some interesting things. lol

Dozer, you are too much!:hi5:

WG
04-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Wys, could you do us a favor? The Bills now have 93 players on their roster (NFLE, draftees and 80 other players). Just so we can keep up with you can you tell us exactly how many guys you like?? The more I read I don't think you like any player on the roster right now but Moulds, P. Williams, Spikes and M. Williams. Could you clarify.

BTW, great sauce Saturday thanks...the new Sweet and Tangy Hot is great!!!!!

Thanks for the kudos on the sauce, I figured you'd like that S/T. It's a totally new taste, eh. Thanks for the feedback. Believe me, no matter how many times I may hear something positive, it's comments like that that totally drive my biz.

Onward... :D

BTW, I only have a moment and haven't read the entire thread, just this first post as it caught my eye. So I'll have to respond and try to get back on later on.

I don't know where you've been, but I've openly liked quite a few players:

Spikes is a monster!!! A++
Pat Williams ditto.
Winfield/Clements!!

On offense I like Henry, Moulds, Mike Williams, JJ, Brown (w/ the others), Teague (although I think he's grossly overpaid for a C and we could have done far more w/ the same bucks), Reed, Dave Moore (love the guy for a TE).

So let's see, that's 12 of 22 starters that I really like.

Of the remaining 10, ...

Bledsoe is adequate; throws (and always has for anyone desiring to be honest) way too many INTs/TOs in key games v. the toughest opponents and divisional foes. Moreso than most premier/touted QBs.

Sullivan I like but realize he'll need a season or two to be his best.
I guess that leaves a FB on offense. I'm quite content w/ those we have.

On D, Adams' production fell off last season so I'm waiting to see "how much I like him" until after the first few games. But my expectations are high.

Fletcher, was slow to me last year. I even pointed it out while watching games w/ several posters on this board and they fully agreed w/ me when I pointed it out on replays. I think he's adequate but no better than that. We'll see this year. Again, I really would have liked to have seen EJ Henderson here pushing or replacing him.

Posey, well, since Capers was just as excited to get Newman in exchange and since Newman wasn't used b/c GW said he "didn't fit", I'm curious to see who's right; Capers when he says they are interchangeable, or GW/TD who seem to think that while Newman wasn't a good fit, Posey will be in a completely different system than that which he put up his only reven remotely decent season in 6 seasons. I'm not big on Posey at all and we'll see who's right, me or everyone else.

I think Pierson Prioleau played well enough to earn at least a shot at starting for 6-8 games given our poor front 7 last year. I'm bigger on him than most. Then again, when GW said Carpenter sucked, I disagreed and he went and had a very decent season down in Atlanta. So if that's any guide, then PP is fine.

Wire, I like him, but again, the front 7 sucked so bad last year that a fair determination couldn't be fully made. Plus he was a rookie. So we'll see how well he does this year.

Schobel, he's solid, a Hanson type level wise. I'm happy w/ him, but having said that, we could really use some speed off of the other corner. Sorry to say, and I'll put money on this, Kelsay won't be that man!

Given that, McKenzie is a backup and has played like one in recent seasons. I see little difference between him and Ahanotu. Marcus Jones has bigger potential, but there are more than one factor that has to come together for him to be the solution. He has to overcome a) a significant injury, b) some significant time since he last had a good season, and c) age. That's a lot of stuff that all has to line up right in order for him to be the steal p/u and star player than many say he will be. I'm not saying it won't happen, and I'm certainly hoping it will, but again, until it does, I wouldn't have planned on it.

TD seems to have a liking for the walking wounded:

McGahee, although I can easily see why he took the risk.
Kelsay
Sobieski
Farris

At some point you have to say "we need players who are on the field" and not those who aren't.

So that should sum it up. This season, as I've said for a while now, will really clear up where our weaknesses are. I don't think Bledsoe is gonna do anything special this year. I think it will be clear that Fletcher is OK but not great by any stretch. I think Posey will be found out to have been a bad pickup and IMO he won't even be starting the entire season.

If Jones overcomes all of those things mentioned, then I'll predict a 10+ sack season for him. Josh Reed will make us all say "Peerless who?" Dave Moore will finally get the recognition that he deserves. Wire will step up. PP will too.

We still need some OL depth. Right now, unless Conaty has been signed, we have only Price and a bunch of unproven young guys who aren't supposed to amount to much.

We still have no speed DE unless Jones overcomes the odds and becomes that man.

We still have no WR that I can honestly say, "we're in good hands if Moulds or Reed goes down."

We still have little LB depth that's worth a crap.

We still have no players on STs that make me forget Steve Tasker. Obviously I'm being slightly facetious, but we really don't have anyone that makes watching our STs plays fun and gives us someone to look for to make a huge play.

How's that? ;)

WG
04-29-2003, 12:43 PM
P.S. I gotta run and send a bunch of sauce orders out. I'll try and get back on tonight to read the entire thread...

:evil:

I'm also gonna write a piece this season providing all of my detailed predictions. Anyone who challenges me should do the same before the season begins. It's always easy in hindsight to criticize another while ignoring one's own mistakes. I respect those who put their own predictions on the line before criticizing others.

We have time however... :D

Earthquake Enyart
04-29-2003, 12:58 PM
Thread killer.

Valerie
04-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Wys, we still have all those boxes for you. You're welcome to come by anytime. Give me a call. I'll be around all week and all weekend. :)

WG
04-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Give me a call Jaded, cell preferably...

LMAO 76777!!!

This thread is pretty hysterical!!!