X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

McKelvin’s role to increase on kickoffs

When you have Terrence McGee as your kick returner it’s hard to go away from a guy that has been so productive for the past five seasons. But when you also have the most prolific return man in NCAA history on your bench it’s hard not to tap into that talent as well. Three weeks into the 2008 campaign it sounds like the Bills will try to do both.

“We love Terrence (McGee) on the kickoff return,” said head coach Dick Jauron. “He’s playing a lot of snaps defensively. He loves to return. We’d like to let him do that to some degree, but we’d also like to get Leodis more involved.”

• Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Re: McKelvin’s role to increase on kickoffs

Good. Let McGee focus on Defense, while Leodis can contribute this way.

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

If they are splitting return duties, I think it will keep them hungrier to do more with each return too.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

So far, Leodis hasn't looked good on returns
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

I thought they just did that last week because it was so friggin hot, and they wanted to save McGee for D.

I will believe it when I see it.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
            He only had two returns. Not much to judge on, especially considering he had a better average than McGee in the game. (21-17) So apparently the Jags were covering well or the Bills were blocking like crap. (or both)

He showed nice moves in pre-season. Get him some work and see what he can do, especially if McGee's back is bothering him.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

He looked fine during the preseason and as I recall he broke away a few times. Is there a different beat of the drum that makes you crap on anything positive when spoken about? Leodis has talent and can contribute in different aspects of the game, is that OK?

Just for clarification, when do inexperienced players learn how to become experienced??

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                He looked fine during the preseason and as I recall he broke away a few times. Is there a different beat of the drum that makes you crap on anything positive when spoken about? Leodis has talent and can contribute in different aspects of the game, is that OK?

Just for clarification, when do inexperienced players learn how to become experienced??

arrrgh.

Why is it that whenever a player looks like crap in preseason, it's "only preseason", but if a player looks good, suddenly it's a good sign?

I don't have a problem with it IF he contributes. But we're taking a great returner off return duties for a guy who hasn't looked good so far. No one else sees the problem with that?

Yes at some point players need to get experience. But does it have to be when we're actually WINNING? There's a time and a place to develop players.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Good to hear. McGee looks slower than usual on returns this year and seeing how McKelvin isn't seeing any defensive plays, we might as well give him the KR job.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

McKelvin made a couple good returns in preseason but other times he made mistakes. It's got to be hard to take a great returner off the field for this.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

My boy has a sore back?
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

Sweet. I thought he looked great in preseason returning kickoffs. Would love to see him get more in the reg. season.

Comment

• mayotm
                          • Jul 2003

arrrgh.

Why is it that whenever a player looks like crap in preseason, it's "only preseason", but if a player looks good, suddenly it's a good sign?

I don't have a problem with it IF he contributes. But we're taking a great returner off return duties for a guy who hasn't looked good so far. No one else sees the problem with that?

Yes at some point players need to get experience. But does it have to be when we're actually WINNING? There's a time and a place to develop players.
                          Glad to see that the nice start to the season hasn't changed your crappy attitude. Maybe, just maybe, the coaches think McKelvin can make some plays. They aren't ready to throw in the towel because he didn't have much success in those TWO returns.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

McKelvin has a stride that looks slow but is flat flying down the field.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

arrrgh.

Can you show me the stats on the "crap" he looked like, I remember a different story. He caught a ball near the 5, wow hang him for it. He caught the ball a few times and flew as well, so which is correctable and good for the team.

We have been very solid so far on many aspects of our team, tweaking a little and getting talented players field team will only help the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X