Are the 2 hardest games of the season out of the way??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Are the 2 hardest games of the season out of the way??

Looking at the remaining schedule, I cannot for the life of me see a better team than the Bills. San Diego has issues, Broncos have been scoring on weakness and NE has no Brady. I actually see the last game of the season having the Bills start their 3rd string and having no reason to play.

Upcoming Games
    WkDateOpponentTimeTicketsCoverage
    3Sun Sep 21, 2008Raiders1:00 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    4Sun Sep 28, 2008@Rams4:05 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    5Sun Oct 5, 2008@Cardinals4:15 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    6--- BYE WEEK ---
    7Sun Oct 19, 2008Chargers1:00 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    8Sun Oct 26, 2008@Dolphins1:00 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    9Sun Nov 2, 2008Jets1:00 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    10Sun Nov 9, 2008@Patriots1:00 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    11Mon Nov 17, 2008Browns8:30 PM ETBuy TicketsESPN
    12Sun Nov 23, 2008@Chiefs1:00 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    13Sun Nov 30, 200849ers1:00 PM ETBuy TicketsFOX
    14Sun Dec 7, 2008Dolphins4:05 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    15Sun Dec 14, 2008@Jets1:00 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    16Sun Dec 21, 2008@Broncos4:05 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
    17Sun Dec 28, 2008Patriots1:00 PM ETBuy TicketsCBS
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Are the 2 hardest games of the season out of the way??

I don't think so we still have the Patriots and the Browns, Broncos, Chargers.

Comment

• Lexwhat
      • Feb 2005

The Seahawks are not a good team, and they won't even make the playoffs this year, IMO. The Jaguars game was tough, but we still have a lot of other tough games left.

The Chargers will bounce back, and they started slow last year too. That game will be a real test, but I think we can win since we are at home, and coming off a bye week.

The Broncos (Week 16) and Patriots (Week 10) games will be tough, and I see us losing those games.

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

Not a chance. What Spaz said...and the Pats I think we'll split with. Not sure we can win on the road there but I've seen weirder things...like us winning these past 2 games!

Comment

• Lexwhat
          • Feb 2005

And also, divisional road games are always difficult too. We are in no position to underestimate any team.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

The Browns?? They looked like crap. Chargers are 0-2 for a reason and didn't lose to powerhouse teams, they just lost. Broncos game will be tough but winnable and who knows how we are playing by then or even them.

Many W in the column by mid season, many.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

we'll be playing for some form of playoff game here in Buffalo last week of the season. It will be a nice change.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                The Browns?? They looked like crap. Chargers are 0-2 for a reason and didn't lose to powerhouse teams, they just lost. Broncos game will be tough but winnable and who knows how we are playing by then or even them.

Many W in the column by mid season, many.
                Umm the Chargers lost to the Broncos and really should have won except for a terrible call.

Comment

• Jaybird
                  • Dec 2005

The Hardest game is always the next game!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
                    The Hardest game is always the next game!!!!!!!!!

not this time.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla *****
                      • Jul 2002

The Chargers are still a decent team, and so are the Patriots, even without the Golden Child. Denver appears to be off to a good start.

Don't count your chickens....

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

Denver scares me. So do the Chargers. Rivers and Cutler look unstopable.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Below is ESPN power rankings. Besides NE, not one other team that we have to play is currently in the top 10. That doesn't mean this won't change but it says alot about how we should do based on the current standings.

2008 Power Rankings: Week 3

RK (LW)TEAMRECCOMMENT
                          1 (1)Cowboys2-0-0Survived a game against the Eagles that they easily could have lost. Now they just have to prepare for a showdown with the Packers. (MM)
                          2 (2)Steelers2-0-0The Steelers took control of the AFC North with a big win over Cleveland. Now it's time for Pittsburgh to prove it's one of the elite teams in the NFL with another big road game against Philadelphia. (JW)
                          3 (5)Giants2-0-0The Giants summarily dismissed the Rams, but that's not saying much. The Giants have found success in the post-Umenyiora era. (MM)
                          4 (7)Packers2-0-0They've feasted on two winless teams. Now the Packers face the biggest game of the young season: A home matchup against Dallas that should establish early NFC supremacy. (KS)
                          5 (6)Eagles1-1-0Valiant effort against the Cowboys by Donovan McNabb and the rest of his team. (MM)
                          6 (9)Patriots2-0-0They're still the AFC East team to beat even if they don't have superduperstar QB Tom Brady. Matt Cassel played it safe against the Jets, and that was good enough. They should be 3-0 with the Dolphins coming to Foxborough. (TG)
                          7 (8)Colts1-1-0Fortunate to be 1-1 and in position to drop Jacksonville to 0-3. Run game and run defense have to improve. (PK)
                          8 (12)Panthers2-0-0Undefeated without WR Steve Smith and only better as he comes back from a two-game suspension. Defense playing at best level in years. (PY)
                          9 (11)Titans2-0-0Last time the Titans started 2-0 was 1999, when they made their only Super Bowl appearance. Upcoming schedule is awfully friendly. (PK)
                          10 (13)Bills2-0-0The Bills scored 10 points in the fourth quarter in a comeback victory in the Jacksonville heat. They should be 3-0 after their home game against the reeling Raiders. (TG)

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

It's difficult to quantify the relative difficulty of games on the Bills schedule. Buffalo caught Seattle at a very opportune time, with their offense crippled by injuries to receivers. I don't think Jacksonville was affected a great deal by their injury problems on the offensive line. That was a very good win. I would hope that Buffalo respects every opponent, but particularly Arizona, San Diego, New England, Denver, and even the Jets. I think Buffalo can beat any one of them. They all have weaknesses, but they all have strengths too, and on a given day those strengths can rise up and bite an unprepared team, even one that is well rounded and has a lot of talent.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              It's difficult to quantify the relative difficulty of games on the Bills schedule. Buffalo caught Seattle at a very opportune time, with their offense crippled by injuries to receivers. I don't think Jacksonville was affected a great deal by their injury problems on the offensive line. That was a very good win. I would hope that Buffalo respects every opponent, but particularly Arizona, San Diego, New England, Denver, and even the Jets. I think Buffalo can beat any one of them. They all have weaknesses, but they all have strengths too, and on a given day those strengths can rise up and bite an unprepared team, even one that is well rounded and has a lot of talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X