PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas joins with Rochester Raiders

Michael82
09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
National Football League Hall of Fame running back.

Chief Operating Officer.

Father and husband.

Tuesday, Thurman Thomas added the title "owner" to his résumé, announcing he had joined the Rochester Raiders indoor football team's ownership group, together with current majority owner Bob Bartosiewicz and director of operations David McCarthy.

The team also officially announced it will be joining the Indoor Football League.

"I know Bob and Dave have a vision of what they want this indoor team to be like," the former Buffalo Bills great said. "And even though I live in Buffalo I know that I want to be a part of what they are involved in. When I played there was a lot of fan base here, and there was a lot of great people here that I met over the years, and I want to regain those relationships."

Thomas, who moved back to Buffalo a year and a half ago, doesn't know yet exactly what he'll be doing but hopes to reconnect to the upstate New York football market.

"I don't know what my role will be," Thomas said. "I don't know if I'm going to be a motivational guy, or a guy that players can look to on the sideline. But this is something new in my life and it's exciting."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20080917/SPORTS/809170326/1007/SPORTS

Michael82
09-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Very cool! I'm glad he's getting some ownership experience. This is the first step for him to learn the business about owning/running a sports team. Sure it's a minor league team, but it's still a good thing. I'm betting that he will be in the Jim Kelly/Tom Golisano ownership group. :up:

The King
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Not a good week to sign with the Raiders Thurm.

The Spaz
09-17-2008, 04:26 PM

:rofl:

Michael82
09-17-2008, 05:16 PM
:lmao: I was thinking the same thing.

Tiburon1724
09-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Wonder if he's still doing the afl2 team in Buffalo he said was coming next year.

Michael82
09-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Wonder if he's still doing the afl2 team in Buffalo he said was coming next year.
Nope, I heard it fell thru.