• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Lane Kiffin: "I felt like Brad Pitt"

I thought this article was funny:

Lane Kiffin told the Buffalo media by conference call Wednesday he hasn’t spoken to Al Davis in two weeks and made light of all the attention being paid to his job status.

A Buffalo writer remarked he was surprised Kiffin even did the conference call.

“How about when you go for a jog yesterday and you fell like it’s paparazzi because the TV cameras are following you and they’re asking you if you’re still the coach of the Raiders,” Kiffin said. “I felt like Brad Pitt. Anyways, I don’t let it affect me because I can’t do anything about it. I don’t have the power to make the decision whether I’ll be here, so why worry about it.”

When asked about his last contact with Davis, Kiffin said, “No I have not had communication with him over the last two weeks. All I know is what people tell me or what’s in the paper that front office people have informed them that he’s making a decision whenever it’s coming, all the different things that come across each day. As crazy as it sounds, I know as much as you guys know.”

Meanwhile, after writers participated in conference calls with Buffalo coach Dick Jauron and Trent Edwards, a printed copy of an ESPN.com Web column by Mark Kreidler critical of Kiffin was made available, courtesy of the club’s media relations department.

You can’t make this stuff up.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Lane Kiffin: "I felt like Brad Pitt"

Only in CA.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
      Only in CA.
      Only in Oakland is ownership so bad that the coach and owner haven't talked in two freaking weeks.

You want to talk about a guy ruining the NFL? Look no further than Al Davis; him paying all these average players huge money is making it more expensive for teams like Buffalo to sign their players like Evans. You think Evans wants to be paid less than a bum like Javon Walker? You think that Stroud, when he's due, is going to want to be paid less than a bum like Tommy Kelly? At least the Kraft's and Jones' of the world pay top dollar to elite level talent, Davis is paying top dollar to less than stellar players and screwing up the chemistry.

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

Davis was always a bit crazy, but since he saw his team lose to the Buccs in the Super Bowl he's gone completely nuts. Surely there's some rule in the NFL where you can force an owner to sell for the good of the league?

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

unfortunately on the most important point the writer is ambiguous:

“a printed copy of an ESPN.com Web column … critical of Kiffin was made available, courtesy of the club’s media relations department”

which club’s media relations department?

if its his own club then al might as well have just walked up to kiffin and smacked him across his face with the teams media guide
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

kiffin looked super uncomfortable in his post game interview last week but it looks like hes totally come to terms with the situation now. you gotta love him making jokes about himself. everbody including him knows exactly whats going on - hes either going to keep coaching or get paid to sit on his couch and drink beer. even the players cant say anything because as a whole they are confirmed greedy selfish bastards who would do the exact same thing

kiffin cant lose now. pressures off
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

I don't think Kiffin will be sitting for long. Rumor has it that Syracuse is ready to pounce as soon as the announcement is made that Kiffin has been fired by the Raiders. Greg Robinson will be shown the door and that will allow Kiffin to come in and get a jump on the recruiting process. SU's atletic director, Darly Gross, has ties to USC as he used to be the assistant athletic director there. I guess we'll know sooner than later.
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

If I were Kiffin I would completely tank all my games. He knows he is going to get fired so what does he have to lose?

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bulldog
                  I don't think Kiffin will be sitting for long. Rumor has it that Syracuse is ready to pounce as soon as the announcement is made that Kiffin has been fired by the Raiders. Greg Robinson will be shown the door and that will allow Kiffin to come in and get a jump on the recruiting process. SU's atletic director, Darly Gross, has ties to USC as he used to be the assistant athletic director there. I guess we'll know sooner than later.
                  Why would anyone want to coach at a sorry ass program like Syracuse? Wouldn't be much worse than Oakland I suppose....

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    Why would anyone want to coach at a sorry ass program like Syracuse? Wouldn't be much worse than Oakland I suppose....
                    I would think the thought of not working for Al Davis makes almost any coaching job better than the job in Oakland.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      I would think the thought of not working for Al Davis makes almost any coaching job better than the job in Oakland.
                      Touché

Comment

• RingofFire
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        If I were Kiffin I would completely tank all my games. He knows he is going to get fired so what does he have to lose?
                        I don't agree if he wants to be a future head coach or coordinator

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RingofFire
                          I don't agree if he wants to be a future head coach or coordinator
                          What the hell are you talking about STAMPY?

Comment

• RingofFire
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            What the hell are you talking about STAMPY?
                            Anyone who tanks games on purpose doesn't look good for future teams. Very simple. Regardless of you are treated you gotta do your best for the team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I will feel like Brad once I'm showering with Angelina.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X