PDA

View Full Version : The Willie Williams Journey

DraftBoy
09-18-2008, 10:37 AM
This kid was arrested 11 times as a juvenile, was the most highly touted player when Miami signed him out of HS. He's been to Miami, Louisville, CC's, Granville State and now he plays for NIAI Union College in Kentucky. This is his story and its quite intriguing.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleges/story/689265.html

hydro
09-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow what a story. To think that all happened in three years. No doubt someone in the NFL will give him a chance. With that opportunity, hopefully he will be mature enough to make the most out of his life.

The Spaz
09-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Wow what a story. To think that all happened in three years. No doubt someone in the NFL will give him a chance. With that opportunity, hopefully he will be mature enough to make the most out of his life.

I really hope he does put it together but how many chances does he need to get it right?

hydro
09-18-2008, 12:07 PM
I really hope he does put it together but how many chances does he need to get it right?

Well he seems to be centered now. As long as he keeps nose clean he deserves a chance in the NFL.

RockStar36
09-18-2008, 12:24 PM
The only thing I found interesting about this story is that someone actually gave him ANOTHER chance. He'll never make it in the NFL. I'd put the over/under on 6 months into an NFL career before his first arrest.

hydro
09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
The only thing I found interesting about this story is that someone actually gave him ANOTHER chance. He'll never make it in the NFL. I'd put the over/under on 6 months into an NFL career before his first arrest.

Not surprised at all. With the talent he has someone is always willing to give the guy a chance in hopes he changes his lifestyle.

RockStar36
09-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Not surprised at all. With the talent he has someone is always willing to give the guy a chance in hopes he changes his lifestyle.

I might be going out on a limb but someone like his isn't going to change overnight. If he didn't change before the 11 arrests as a juvenile and then another arrest with Louisville, I don't see how he magically made the change now that he lives in a small town. It's less temptation for sure but the minute he goes to a big NFL city and has the money he'll be right back in trouble.

hydro
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
I might be going out on a limb but someone like his isn't going to change overnight. If he didn't change before the 11 arrests as a juvenile and then another arrest with Louisville, I don't see how he magically made the change now that he lives in a small town. It's less temptation for sure but the minute he goes to a big NFL city and has the money he'll be right back in trouble.

There is always that possibility, I didn't question that. I am just saying someone will give him a chance in hopes that he has straightened his act out.

blackonyx89
09-18-2008, 12:56 PM
There is always that possibility, I didn't question that. I am just saying someone will give him a chance in hopes that he has straightened his act out.

I pray he gets his life in order. Unfortunatley, it takes some people to screw up many times before they get it right, sometimes never. Let's hope he grows up and become a good man.

Like Ossie Davis said, "Always do the right thing!"