PDA

View Full Version : JP's next team

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2008, 10:42 AM
We all know JP will be a FA next season and won't re-sign with us as a backup.

I can see him starting for Minnesota or Kansas City next season.

We'll either bring in a Kyle Boller or Kyle Orton (both FAs) as Trent's backup, and draft another young guy in the 5th round to groom.

I've always had a man-crush on JP. I'll be happy to semi-root for him at Minn or KC.

Mitchy moo
09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
KC will get him, maybe even later this year if they give up a 2nd round draft pick.

RockStar36
09-18-2008, 10:47 AM
KC won't give up anything to get the guy when he is a FA in the off-season. What would be the point of re-building and giving up a draft pick when you get the guy for free? He'll be a Chief next year.

trapezeus
09-18-2008, 10:53 AM
who are the top QB prospects from college? are any of them top 5 pick worthy? I think for KC, they may have to go the route of drafting a name to invigorate the fans and show them they are serious on winning.

From KC fan's viewpoint, you go through a horrid year like this one could be and then you go get someone else's former first round pick on a team with no QB? it doesn't make sense.

If minny can fight through this and be a 6-10 to 9-7 team, i see them making the switch to JP. but for a team who will end up in the top 5 in the draft, if there is a college guy that make people salivate, then they are going to have to pull the trigger on that.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 10:54 AM
and draft another young guy in the 5th round to groom.

We already have him.
Our coaches are high on Baker.

Meathead
09-18-2008, 10:56 AM
KC won't give up anything to get the guy when he is a FA in the off-season. What would be the point of re-building and giving up a draft pick when you get the guy for free? He'll be a Chief next year.
you really see that as the only way it could unfold?

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2008, 10:57 AM
We already have him.
Our coaches are high on Baker.
Really? Isn't he on the PS? I don't know anything about him.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 10:58 AM
If JP knows whats good for him, he should stay away from Hermy.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 10:59 AM

Yes he is. MY prediction is that, Baker will compete for back up vs. Hamdan.

Meathead
09-18-2008, 11:04 AM
the bills as a whole have matured significantly and are playing tight right now. theres no doubt in my mind that whenever jp get first team plays he will look considerably better than ever before

god forbid trent gets injured but a short term ding that gets jp a start could benefit the bills. a club without a qb would be more than willing to part with an attractive pick to make everybody including their customer base a little less panicky going into next season

that of course would put the bills in a bit more jeopardy so they might just decide to keep jp as a playoff seeking insurance policy, but the more attractive the pick the more likely they roll the dice

trapezeus
09-18-2008, 11:05 AM
also, for the teams wanting JP next year, isn't grossman also available next year? if you look at their career stats, they are very close. JP is slightly more accurate with less interceptions. Same yards per attempt, close in QB rating, same number of TD passes, both are former 22nd overall picks.

JP fumbles more and gets sacked more and grossman still has the superbowl appearance for his resume which may or maynot hurt him more.

Anyways, point is, JP isn't the only QB with experience on t he market next offseason.

bigbub2352
09-18-2008, 11:12 AM
i think that JP lands with the Dolphins, only cause that is what usually happens to us,
KC, Oakland, Tennessee, Minn, Tampa, Chicago, all are possibilities, as well as the Cardinals, St Louis, Carolina
I know some of those teams got there guys but how good are they?
i could see us drafting a guy in the 5-6th round next year to groom as number 3, assuming Baker and Hamden are not the number 2 and 3

JPFBillsFan
09-18-2008, 11:47 AM
I saw we franchise JP and trade him to the highest bidder

DraftBoy
09-18-2008, 11:51 AM
There is potential to have an amazing QB class next year if enough juniors declare.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
also, for the teams wanting JP next year, isn't grossman also available next year? if you look at their career stats, they are very close. JP is slightly more accurate with less interceptions. Same yards per attempt, close in QB rating, same number of TD passes, both are former 22nd overall picks.

JP fumbles more and gets sacked more and grossman still has the superbowl appearance for his resume which may or maynot hurt him more.

Anyways, point is, JP isn't the only QB with experience on t he market next offseason.
all teams have to do is see who JP's coaches were , supporting casts and then they'll realize the difference between JP and Grossman.

TigerJ
09-18-2008, 12:30 PM
who are the top QB prospects from college? are any of them top 5 pick worthy? I think for KC, they may have to go the route of drafting a name to invigorate the fans and show them they are serious on winning.

From KC fan's viewpoint, you go through a horrid year like this one could be and then you go get someone else's former first round pick on a team with no QB? it doesn't make sense.

If minny can fight through this and be a 6-10 to 9-7 team, i see them making the switch to JP. but for a team who will end up in the top 5 in the draft, if there is a college guy that make people salivate, then they are going to have to pull the trigger on that.You could be right, but I could also see KC hedging their bet by signing a free agent like Losman who could be had a a reasonable price. JP Might like a big contract, but he's not going to get one.

gr8slayer
09-18-2008, 12:32 PM
He'll end up in Tampa.

trapezeus
09-18-2008, 12:33 PM
all teams have to do is see who JP's coaches were , supporting casts and then they'll realize the difference between JP and Grossman.

i thought about that. lovie smith is a defense guy and their offense still isn't much better. so i don't know if you can say that Grossman had better stuff to work with personell wise and coach wise. I think it's a draw between the two QB's. or one of them gets slightly higher marks. but it's a tough call.
You could even argue that grossman's coaches are so inept that even different QB's coming in have struggled.

If draft boy is right and there is a real big number of QB's coming out this draft, there aren't going to be too many gigs. maybe these guys will be pulled in to start a year or two to get the new kid ready. Then it is on both grossman and losman to make a big impact quickly, or the guy in the wings will take over. And those new teams aren't going to give them a coaching/personel excuse out.

It's a tough position to be in.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 12:36 PM
i thought about that. lovie smith is a defense guy and their offense still isn't much better. so i don't know if you can say that Grossman had better stuff to work with personell wise and coach wise. I think it's a draw between the two QB's. or one of them gets slightly higher marks. but it's a tough call.
You could even argue that grossman's coaches are so inept that even different QB's coming in have struggled.

If draft boy is right and there is a real big number of QB's coming out this draft, there aren't going to be too many gigs. maybe these guys will be pulled in to start a year or two to get the new kid ready. Then it is on both grossman and losman to make a big impact quickly, or the guy in the wings will take over. And those new teams aren't going to give them a coaching/personel excuse out.

It's a tough position to be in.
Lovie Smith > MUlarkey and fairchild combined. Grossman also had a great D to get him the ball back often. JP had nothing. Grossman never had an OL where the best player was an inexperienced converted TE.

We all saw JP's improvement under Turk in preseason. While I'm not sold on him (never was) I would give him the4 benefit of the doubt that he can be a decent qb which is why our coaches kept him and his salary on the team.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2008, 12:37 PM
San Fran. will be JP's next team.

RockStar36
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
You guys make a good point about the draft and KC. I never fully took that into consideration. That being said, I bet he gets a chance to start before Grossman does.

Jan Reimers
09-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Actually, Baker is on IR.

trapezeus
09-18-2008, 12:41 PM
05 the bills had a good defense. 06 and 07, you're right the defense was less than stellar.

I'm just saying, if you are in the market for a QB, and both are available and one is of interest to you, the other can't be too far off your radar.

jamze132
09-18-2008, 12:45 PM
JP isn't getting traded this season for the simple fact that he is too valuable to lose as a backup. Besides, JP hasn't been given a shot with this new offense (which seems to actually be effective) although he has had his shots in the past. I honestly don't think our team will take a significant step back, if any, if JP has to come in for Edwards.

I say we offer him an above average contract just to keep him on the roster. Obviously if someone "promises" him a starting job, he will take it, but if not, he seriously should consider staying in Buffalo with his super cool, awesome, mad, phat, dope **** house he has.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Ottawa Rough Riders or Montreal Alouettes is my guess for JPs next team.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Ottawa Rough Riders or Montreal Alouettes is my guess for JPs next team.
leave it up to a browns fan to ruin a decent conversation.

Mitchy moo
09-18-2008, 12:52 PM

That's why he's -82,000 rep, lol.

J/K.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 12:53 PM

When it comes to the bust known as JP, there is no such thing as a decent conversation.

I hope him and Timmy Couch have fun sitting around collecting all the money they stole from their respective organizations. Maybe they can invite Heath Shuler over.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 12:55 PM
When it comes to the bust known as JP, there is no such thing as a decent conversation.

I hope him and Timmy Couch have fun sitting around collecting all the money they stole from their respective organizations. Maybe they can invite Heath Shuler over.

If the bills thought that JP was stealing money from them they would've cut his arse especially since Ralphy is supposedly cheap. They didn't so it's obvious you're clueless.

You should be more woried about your crappy team than JP. Ottawa Rough Riders or Montreal Alouettes would be more competitive than your Browns

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2008, 12:59 PM

So how's your golden boy Brady Quinn doing anyway?

0-2 at home has got to be a sucky way to start a season isn't it?

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 01:01 PM
If the bills thought that JP was stealing money from them they would've cut his arse especially since Ralphy is supposedly cheap. They didn't so it's obvious you're clueless.

You should be more woried about your crappy team than JP. Ottawa Rough Riders or Montreal Alouettes would be more competitive than your Browns

:rofl:

So then based on your logic, Melvin Fowler is earning his money too! And John McCargo! Your logic is flawed. Just because someone collects a paycheck and isn't cut/replaced doesn't mean they are earning their money.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 01:06 PM
:rofl:

So then based on your logic, Melvin Fowler is earning his money too! And John McCargo! Your logic is flawed. Just because someone collects a paycheck and isn't cut/replaced doesn't mean they are earning their money.

Cutting a useless JP would've saved Ralphy money especially since he's paid more than Trent. If JP was nothing more than a CFL qb then the bills wouldn't put trust in him to come in should Trent go down.

Again, you should worry about your crappy browns and stop trolling

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 01:07 PM
So how's your golden boy Brady Quinn doing anyway?

0-2 at home has got to be a sucky way to start a season isn't it?

Brady can keep sitting on the bench.

The team is 0-2 because of their injuries on offense...those injuries limit the effectiveness. Lewis - playing with an injured leg, Braylon - missed most of preseason with injuries, Stallworth - hurt, JJ - on the PUP.

Go with any team in the NFL and take their best weapon and limit him to about 80% then take the running back and limit him to about 90% and then completely take away 2 of their other top weapons and see what happens.

It's not hard to see why the offense hasn't looked good and they're 0-2.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I hope JP ends up with the browns :roflmao:

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Cutting a useless JP would've saved Ralphy money especially since he's paid more than Trent. If JP was nothing more than a CFL qb then the bills wouldn't put trust in him to come in should Trent go down.

Again, you should worry about your crappy browns and stop trolling

Sweet, I've been posting here for 2 1/2 years and now I'm a troll!

The Bills wouldn't put their trust in a guy who shouldn't be on the field? Explain why Kirk Chambers was starting week 1 again.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Sweet, I've been posting here for 2 1/2 years and now I'm a troll!

The Bills wouldn't put their trust in a guy who shouldn't be on the field? Explain why Kirk Chambers was starting week 1 again.

I don't have to explain squat to you. The QB positionis the most important position in the NFL. They trusted JP to come in and pick up the pieces should Trent go down.

Why don't you tell us why they put the trust in JP when they could've saved cash and gone with Hamdan since you think JP is nothing moe than a CFL qb. Humor us!

YOu're doing nothing but trolling on this thread. You're here because this is the best mb.

Mr. Miyagi
Brady can keep sitting on the bench.

The team is 0-2 because of their injuries on offense...those injuries limit the effectiveness. Lewis - playing with an injured leg, Braylon - missed most of preseason with injuries, Stallworth - hurt, JJ - on the PUP.

Go with any team in the NFL and take their best weapon and limit him to about 80% then take the running back and limit him to about 90% and then completely take away 2 of their other top weapons and see what happens.

It's not hard to see why the offense hasn't looked good and they're 0-2.
You're starting to sound like FTP.

The Bills had 12 people on IR last year, and we managed to not completely tank the season. So far it looks like the Browns won't win 5 games this year.

@ Baltimore - L
@ Cincy - W
Giants - L
@ Washington - L
@ Jags - L
Baltimore - W
Denver - L
@ Buffalo - L
Houston - W
Indy - L
@ Tenn - L
@ Philly - L
Cincy - W
@ Pitt - L

Enjoy sweeping Cincinnati LOL.

Mr. Pink
Bottom line is every team keeps scrubs around. They take roster spots and are warm bodies. Should Syndric Steptoe be the number 2 WR right now anywhere? No. But he is, for now, in Cleveland.

Just because a team holds on to a scrub for a few years and lets him be a warm body doesn't mean that when his contract ends a bunch of teams will knock down his door just waiting to give him a chance.

Where's Timmy Anderson now anyways?

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Bottom line is every team keeps scrubs around. They take roster spots and are warm bodies. Should Syndric Steptoe be the number 2 WR right now anywhere? No. But he is, for now, in Cleveland.

Just because a team holds on to a scrub for a few years and lets him be a warm body doesn't mean that when his contract ends a bunch of teams will knock down his door just waiting to give him a chance.

Where's Timmy Anderson now anyways?

Teams keep qb scrubs that are more expensive than the starting qb? Teams keep qb's that they don't trust to come in should their starter fail? Thats stupid.

Teams keep back up that they think can contibute. Not the ones that they think will be a liability. :coocoo:

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
You're starting to sound like FTP.

The Bills had 12 people on IR last year, and we managed to not completely tank the season. So far it looks like the Browns won't win 5 games this year.

@ Baltimore - L
@ Cincy - W
Giants - L
@ Washington - W
@ Jags - L
Baltimore - W
Denver - L
@ Buffalo - L
Houston - W
Indy - L
@ Tenn - L
@ Philly - L
Cincy - W
@ Pitt - L

Enjoy sweeping Cincinnati LOL.

How's that sounding like FTP? Once their guys come back from injury the offense will click again. The problem is while they're injured with how good the AFC is they need to stay somewhere around .500 or else they'll dig themselves too big of a hole.

Stopping the Browns offense isn't difficult right now. Double Braylon and don't allow KII off the line. Who's left to throw to? Syndric Steptoe! He puts fear into many opponents.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Teams keep qb scrubs that are more expensive than the starting qb? Teams keep qb's that they don't trust to come in should their starter fail? Thats stupid.

Why does Rex Grossman still have a job?
Why does Kyle Boller still have a job? Yes, I know he's injured right now.

Grossman makes more money than any other QB on the Bears roster.

Jeff Garcia makes more money than Griese and obviously Gruden doesn't trust him.

I guess Lovie Smith and Jon Gruden are stupid then!

HHURRICANE
09-18-2008, 01:20 PM
If Jp signed here that would be his best deal.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Why does Rex Grossman still have a job?
Why does Kyle Boller still have a job? Yes, I know he's injured right now.

Grossman makes more money than any other QB on the Bears roster.

Jeff Garcia makes more money than Griese and obviously Gruden doesn't trust him.

I guess Lovie Smith and Jon Gruden are stupid then!

Boy are you dnese. the reason why they are on their respective teams is because they can still contibute. They are not liabilites. You make it look like Jp is a liability.

If JP will cause us to lose playing the most important position on the team, Russ would've cut his arse.

JP most likely could've been traded even for a 5th or a 6th or 7th . They kept him and his salary knowing they will get nothing for him next year. Explain this.

BuffRanger
09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
He'll be a backup for his next team the same as he's a backup here, unless he goes to the CFL. He's not a legit starter in the NFL.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Boy are you dnese. the reason why they are on their respective teams is because they can still contibute. They are not liabilites. You make it look like Jp is a liability.

If JP will cause us to lose playing the most important position on the team, Russ would've cut his arse.

If JP will cause us to lose? Doesn't JPs record as a starting QB tell you that he already has caused us to lose games? Oh wait, I forgot, none of our offensive shortcomings were his fault. It was the coaches and scheme.

Grossman isn't a liability? Boller isn't a liability? If you say so!

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 01:28 PM
If JP will cause us to lose? Doesn't JPs record as a starting QB tell you that he already has caused us to lose games? Oh wait, I forgot, none of our offensive shortcomings were his fault. It was the coaches and scheme.

Grossman isn't a liability? Boller isn't a liability? If you say so!
the stupidity grows.

The bills would rather keep a CFL qb on the roster spot , put him in should the starter go down and risk the entire season and then pay him 3 million. :rofl:

No wonder why you're friends with Moran ,you guys think you're smarter than our FO :roflmao:

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Stopping the Browns offense isn't difficult right now. Double Braylon and don't allow KII off the line. Who's left to throw to? Syndric Steptoe! He puts fear into many opponents.
They should've thought about that before they signed Stallworth. He's spent as much time on the injury report as he has been on the field in his entire career. Same with Jurevisious.

ublinkwescore
09-18-2008, 01:30 PM
he'll be a New York Jet next year - book it.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2008, 01:31 PM
he'll be a New York Jet next year - book it.
LOL that came out of the left field.

RockStar36
09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
JP will get another chance before joining the ranks of Tim Couch. I can guarantee that.

gr8slayer
09-18-2008, 01:36 PM
JP will get another chance before joining the ranks of Tim Couch. I can guarantee that.
Yup, he'll fit in nicely in Tampa.

ublinkwescore
09-18-2008, 01:38 PM
LOL that came out of the left field.

You'll see...

Brett Favre will retire, the jets will be desperate, and they'll just gamble on JP.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 01:39 PM
They should've thought about that before they signed Stallworth. He's spent as much time on the injury report as he has been on the field in his entire career. Same with Jurevisious.

I agree with that completely, I know Joe Horn had some interest in playing there. Not that he's great but he's better than Steptoe. And the offense would look a little better.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
You'll see...

Brett Favre will retire, the jets will be desperate, and they'll just gamble on JP.

They already drafted their QB of the future a couple years ago in Kellen Clemens. Why would they take on JP and not give Kellen a look? Curious.

RockStar36
09-18-2008, 01:42 PM
They already drafted their QB of the future a couple years ago in Kellen Clemens. Why would they take on JP and not give Kellen a look? Curious.

Without looking it up, isn't KC 3rd on the depth chart right now? If he is I don't think there is much of a future for him in NJ.

trapezeus
09-18-2008, 01:43 PM
***WARNING, MY PERSONAL OPINION****

JP faces getting a decent contract for backing up anywhere in the league next year. So if he approaches his contract situation to be a backup, he'll get top end backup money. Potentially even on a decent team. This would be ideal for him because should he go in on a good team, his skills would compliment a good team and win him points and a chance to start and get a new contract as a starter else where. This would maximize his earning potential.

however, his ego and heart probably wants a shot at starting now. only teams that are bad through 2008 will give him that chance. He has shown us, as bills fans, how he does in less that ideal circumstance. Be it lack of weapons,coaching etc. Add on the pressure that he has to 1. win the job at a new team 2. start winning now with what the talent pool he's got, i don't know if that is JP's strength. Even JP's ardent supporters agree that his failures here could be because he didn't get enough support. He had 4 years to get it right in Buffalo. Next stop he'll probably get only about 1.5 years if he isn't successful.

Should he fail as a starter in his next run, he'll either be permanently pushed into the world of journeyman/backup or he'll leave on his own terms.

I've never had anything against JP the person, so part of me wishes him the best. But the other part that has watched him over the years knows that for him to get a starting gig and keep it this next time is very unlikely.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Without looking it up, isn't KC 3rd on the depth chart right now? If he is I don't think there is much of a future for him in NJ.

JP technically could have a shot in KC. I guess.

But in all honesty he's no better than Huard and/or Croyle. And they've gone through both of those guys to go with Thigpen this week.

But, my comment was about the Jets taking on JP. Not that Clemons looked great but he wasn't terrible either. Why would they just give up on him?

RockStar36
09-18-2008, 01:58 PM

But in all honesty he's no better than Huard and/or Croyle. And they've gone through both of those guys to go with Thigpen this week.

But, my comment was about the Jets taking on JP. Not that Clemons looked great but he wasn't terrible either. Why would they just give up on him?

To clarify, when I was typing KC I was referring to Kellen Clemmens and just didn't feel like typing out his whole name.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure where KC is on their depth chart actually.

Who is their number 2, if you know?

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 02:26 PM

why the change of heart? You guaranteed that if Jp was no longer with the bills this season , he wouldn't even be a back up (2) on any other team.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2008, 02:34 PM
To clarify, when I was typing KC I was referring to Kellen Clemmens and just didn't feel like typing out his whole name.
I have an idea. The Jets should trade KC to KC. How perfect would that be.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure where KC is on their depth chart actually.

If KC keeps playing the way they have been they will be picking Top 3. They will draft their next QB. JP will not be going to KC. Book it.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 02:50 PM
why the change of heart? You guaranteed that if Jp was no longer with the bills this season , he wouldn't even be a back up (2) on any other team.

Having a shot doesn't mean he'd stick.

He's no better than the two guys that they've benched.

Having a shot means he'd be in competition for a job, doesn't mean he'd win a job.

RockStar36
09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Nevermind, Clemens is listed 2nd ahead of Brett Ratliff. I thought it was switched around.

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Having a shot doesn't mean he'd stick.

He's no better than the two guys that they've benched.

Having a shot means he'd be in competition for a job, doesn't mean he'd win a job.Wasn't talking about whether he is going to win a qb competition as no.1.

So if he is good enough to compete for a no. 1 for 1 team, yet he has 0 chance of being on another team as no. 2 like you guaranteed?

RockStar36
09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Wasn't talking about whether he is going to win a qb competition as no.1.

So if he is good enough to compete for a no. 1 for 1 team, yet he has 0 chance of being on another team as no. 2 like you guaranteed?

Holy crap, is JP like your long lost twin or something? Can you ever have a conversation about JP without getting ultra defensive about it?

gr8slayer
09-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Nevermind, Clemens is listed 2nd ahead of Brett Ratliff. I thought it was switched around.
If Clemens hadn't been such a high draft pick the positions might be switched.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Someone needs to 5 star this thread. :bravo:

justasportsfan
09-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Holy crap, is JP like your long lost twin or something? Can you ever have a conversation about JP without getting ultra defensive about it?
me defensive? I'm just trying to figure out FTY's reasoning as to why he thinks JP would not get a job as a no. 2 on any team and then say now that he is good enough to compete for no.1 for KC. It's not about JP really but trying to understand a posters way of thinking. Is that against TOS?

Several people here do the same when its OP. Are they all defensive?

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2008, 03:09 PM
me defensive? I'm just trying to figure out FTY's reasoning as to why he thinks JP would not get a job as a no. 2 on any team and then say now that he is good enough to compete for no.1 for KC. It's not about JP really but trying to understand a posters way of thinking. Is that against TOS?

I'M NOT DEFENSIVE! YOU'RE DEFENSIVE!

trapezeus
09-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Someone needs to 5 star this thread. :bravo:

you are welcome.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Wasn't talking about whether he is going to win a qb competition as no.1.

Zero chance.

Again, unless he's here.

He has a chance to compete to make the roster as a warm body. Not start nor backup. Just like when Boller is shown the door in Baltimore.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 03:50 PM

Again, he'd compete for a job to make the roster. I'm sure he'd be in competition somewhere to be a starter or backup, doesn't mean he's gonna win.

Tim Couch had a chance to win jobs as the backup and heir apparent to Favre. And then last year in Jax he had the chance to win the backup job too. Doesn't mean he got it.

Understand now?

Albany,n.y.
09-18-2008, 05:00 PM

Clemens is toast in NY. Brett Ratliff totally outplayed him this preseason & it's only politics that keeps Clemens ahead of Ratliff on their depth chart. Same thing as last year's Bills with Jackson behind Thomas. Eventually the better guy surpasses the lesser guy. Clemens is a bust & the Jets know it. Trading for Favre indicated the Jets feelings were "we can't win with this guy" Pennington had already beaten out Clemens before Favre came along. Anyone who is beaten out by a guy who gets cut the next week isn't highly regarded.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Clemens is toast in NY. Brett Ratliff totally outplayed him this preseason & it's only politics that keeps Clemens ahead of Ratliff on their depth chart. Same thing as last year's Bills with Jackson behind Thomas. Eventually the better guy surpasses the lesser guy. Clemens is a bust & the Jets know it. Trading for Favre indicated the Jets feelings were "we can't win with this guy" Pennington had already beaten out Clemens before Favre came along. Anyone who is beaten out by a guy who gets cut the next week isn't highly regarded.

Pennington didn't beat out KC...KC started near the end of last season. KC while not great wasn't atrocious and showed normal growing pains of a rookie QB.

Now I don't know about what Ratliff did, so maybe he did outperform KC in TC and Preseason.

How can you tell a guy is a bust after 8 games and his team went 3-5? He threw 5TDs to 10Ints. Yes, that sucks, but it's normal for a rookie QB.

But, they picked up Brett not because Pennington, KC and/or Ratliff couldn't get it done at all. They got Brett because he's a future HOFer, sells tickets, sells merchandise, and it's NY after all! It was just as much a smart business decision as a football decision.

I just don't see how a team with a guy who has 8 career starts is suddenly going to give up on him, call him a bust, then take on a guy who has 30 career starts and is a bust