PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Marshall charged with misdemeanor battery in Georgia from March incident

Mitchy moo
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Misdemeanor battery charges were filed against Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9705) on Sept. 10 in Fulton County, Ga., stemming from an alleged incident in Atlanta on March 4. A court date has not been set.
<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (BEGIN) -->
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/9705.jpg Marshall

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (END) -->Broncos manager of media information Patrick Smyth said the team is aware of the charges but has no comment at this time.

Marshall pleaded guilty Friday, Sept. 12 to a reduced charge of driving while ability-impaired, stemming from a drunken driving arrest in October 2007. He was sentenced to a year of probation.
The NFL suspended Marshall for three games for his off-field behavior, but the suspension was reduced to one game and he missed the team's opener against the Oakland Raiders (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=oak).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3595638

gr8slayer
09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
That guy is one of the dumbest SOB's on earth.

Mitchy moo
09-18-2008, 02:23 PM
That guy is one of the dumbest SOB's on earth.

Lol, classic.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2008, 02:31 PM
One of?

After getting his last suspension reduced, this one will be brutal.

Tatonka
09-18-2008, 02:32 PM
so much talent. he could be the next TO if he wanted to.. abililty wise.. but he will flame out before the year is done.

Pinkerton Security
09-18-2008, 02:36 PM
i hate these guys...

gr8slayer
09-18-2008, 02:44 PM
so much talent. he could be the next TO if he wanted to.. abililty wise.. but he will flame out before the year is done.I simply hate this idea people have that he is the "next T.O." Marshall isn't even in the same galaxy as T.O. and he never will be. He's not as strong and has no where near the top end speed Owens possesses.

Nothing against you, I just get tired of hearing this "Baby T.O." nonsense when the guy hasn't even come anywhere remotely close to being the elite player that T.O. is.

gr8slayer
09-18-2008, 02:46 PM
One of?

After getting his last suspension reduced, this one will be brutal.
Sadly it won't be anything:

The Denver Post reports that Brandon Marshall is unlikely to face more discipline from the NFL despite being charged with misdemeanor battery in Fulton County.
Owners can breathe a sigh of relief. "The NFL has been aware of this from Day 1," agent Harvey Steinberg said. Marshall doesn't have a court date yet, but the results of the trial are not expected to affect his playing status.

yordad
09-18-2008, 03:26 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">The Denver Post reports that Brandon Marshall is unlikely to face more discipline from the NFL despite being charged with misdemeanor battery in Fulton County.
Owners can breathe a sigh of relief. "The NFL has been aware of this from Day 1," agent Harvey Steinberg said. Marshall doesn't have a court date yet, but the results of the trial are not expected to affect his playing status. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:wtf: Why not?

gr8slayer
09-18-2008, 03:27 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">The Denver Post reports that Brandon Marshall is unlikely to face more discipline from the NFL despite being charged with misdemeanor battery in Fulton County.
Owners can breathe a sigh of relief. "The NFL has been aware of this from Day 1," agent Harvey Steinberg said. Marshall doesn't have a court date yet, but the results of the trial are not expected to affect his playing status. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:wtf: Why not?
Hell if I know, I think he should be looking at a huge suspension myself.

RingofFire
09-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Marshall is a top 5 WR

RingofFire
misdemeanor is nothing unless it's his 3rd misdeamenor

Dr. Lecter
Marshall is a top 5 WR

Sure he is.

Which of the following is he better than?

Owens
Moss
Fitzgerald
Wayne
Edwards
Burress
Ocho Cinco

And that is a quick off the top of my head list.

RingofFire
09-18-2008, 03:53 PM
He is better than Edwards, Burress, and chad

Fitz and him are very close could go either way.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
He is not even close to Fitz.

Throw Boldin on the list too.

Tatonka
09-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I simply hate this idea people have that he is the "next T.O." Marshall isn't even in the same galaxy as T.O. and he never will be. He's not as strong and has no where near the top end speed Owens possesses.

Nothing against you, I just get tired of hearing this "Baby T.O." nonsense when the guy hasn't even come anywhere remotely close to being the elite player that T.O. is.

i said he COULD BE the next TO.. the comparisons are easy to make..they look alike in body type.. they are both big strong wrs.. and play the same way.. i did think it was kind of funny that TO holds the nfl record for catches in a game with 20 and marshall was so close to breaking that.

Tatonka
09-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Sure he is.

Owens
Moss
Fitzgerald
Wayne
Edwards
Burress
Ocho Cinco

he is better than the last 3 on that list.. quite possibly wayne as well.

RingofFire
09-18-2008, 04:07 PM
He is not even close to Fitz.

Throw Boldin on the list too.

You are nuts. Marshall is a very talented WR. Did you see how well he played last year? Also how he destroyed Cromartie this past weekend? 18 receptions. He kept torturing him in his first game back too. If Marshall cleans his act up... cutler-marshall will be scary

RingofFire
09-18-2008, 04:08 PM
he is better than the last 3 on that list.. quite possibly wayne as well.

:bf1:

gr8slayer
09-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Sure he is.

Owens
Moss
Fitzgerald
Wayne
Edwards
Burress
Ocho Cinco

I'd also take Andre Johnson, Roy Williams, and Colston over him as well.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd also take Andre Johnson, Roy Williams, and Colston over him as well.

Williams is too inconsistent for my taste, but he does have talent.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Sure he is.

Owens
Moss
Fitzgerald
Wayne
Edwards
Burress
Ocho Cinco

Hell, I'd take Roddy White over Brandon Marshall.

Dude put up numbers with 3 different QBs last year on an absolutely terrible team with no identity, direction or focus.