Henry would be worth more than Ricky Willams .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Henry would be worth more than Ricky Willams .....

ok.. hear me out..

the boards will be lit up for weeks to come with the raging debate about draft picks and Henry's feelings and McGahee's recovery and contract... but i just wanted you guys to look at this for a second.

The Bills FO believes that WM is going to be 100% again.. seem that the thought is by the end of this year. So he will either be on PUP or IR.. regardless... this is Henry's year to really shine. All the pieces are in place for henry to do extremely well and he should surpass last years numbers.. there is no question in my mind. He will catch more with no Centers around, and we wont be passing as much, therefore his carries should go up. i am going to predict henry getting at least the 1500 yards rushing he got last year. and at least 500 yards receiving that he would have got if he was not sharing with centers last year.

take a look at henry over the first 3 years then with his projected numbers for this year (these projection could very well end up much higher)

Henry -
    2001 - 213 carries for 729 yards and 22 catches for 179 yards + 4 TDs
    2002 - 325 carries for 1438 yards and 43 catches for 309 yards + 14 TDs
    2003 - 350 carries for 1500 yards and 60 catches for 500 yards + 14 TDs (projected)
    *27 total fumbles in that time (using last years 11 fumbles again for 2003)

Now look at Ricky Williams career when he was traded...
    1999 - 253 carries for 884 yards and 28 catches for 172 yards + 2 TDs
    2000 - 248 carries for 1000 yards and 44 catches for 409 yards + 9 TDs
    2001 - 313 carries for 1245 yards and 60 catches for 511 yards + 7 TDs
    *20 total fumbles in that time.

From what i can see.. Henry is much further along than Williams was when he netted 2 first rounders. so your telling me that a back with better numbers and just as much potential is gonna get anything less than 2 firsts? if not more? no way..

so look at it this way guys.. Henry is now money (actually draft picks) in the bank if he performs like he should this year and WM gets healthy and looks like the stud we expect.

and if WM doesnt come back, then we keep travis for the next three years.. which is really the window for our superbowl win that we are all hoping for.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

but which team would give up all those draft picks?? Only Miami
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

not necessarily.. i think teams also saw how well the miami trade worked out for them (simply based on his production, not their record) so a team like the texans, who will have a desperate need for a RB next year is a very likely canidate..

every year teams need RBs that are capable of pushing for 2k in yards.. and i think henry is one of those backs.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BagdadBob
        • Apr 2003

No Way!

Ricky Williams was a 1st round draft pick- top 10- and graded out that way!

Travis Henry was not- You will be lucky to get a first round draft pick for him. Maybe from the stupid Vikings... they apparently don't know how to use them!
        ---TREASURY OF DEATHLESS QUOTES --

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

what the hell difference does where they are drafted matter after they have been in the league for 3 years? none.. all that matters is that TH has outproduced RW in his first three years.

Comment

• TypicalBill
            • Sep 2002

if we get 2 first rounders for him, that would be awesome. I hope you're right Tatonka...

But we still dont know if WM is gonna return to his old form, even if he's fully recovered, who's to say that he's gonna run as fast as he did before and do those running cuts that he used to... we still have to wait and see. For now, Henry is the sure bet and he's our solid starter until proven otherwise.
            For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

I don't want us to trade Travis ... the guy is the next Emmitt Smith with better hands.

Comment

• Alluro
                You Don't Stand a Chance !
                • Jul 2002

Travis Henry isn't anywhere near the gamebreaker Ricky williams is...I really think the Bills should trade him now because i don't think his trade value will ever be higher. Olandis Gary is good enough to get through the early to mid season to let Willis come on in the end. I would love to see a deal with the houston texans for their first next year and the rights to drew henson.

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

Drew Henson won't sign. That'd be a bad trade.

Comment

• Kevikid
                    • Mar 2003

The rights to Drew Henson means nothing, since we will not have the rookie cap space to pay for him. We will most certainly use it up on our current rookies, as teams always do. Henson will want a lot when he quits baseball in 2 years. Thundercasts, ho!
                    Clump's #1 Fan

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

alluro, TH can do everything that RW can do.. he can easily put up the season totals that RW put up last season.. and probably will this year.

Typical.. i am not arguing that TH is our back.. and if WM doesnt work out.. i wont lose a bit of sleep over it.. knowing henry is here in buffalo

Henryrules - i love henry too.. but the best player stays..

Comment

• Alluro
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kevikid
                        Thundercasts, ho!
                        LMAO ! !

Comment

• Kevikid
                          • Mar 2003

Thundercats...
                          Clump's #1 Fan

Comment

• iceblizzard69
                            Doh!
                            • Jul 2002

Henry would definitely NOT get as much on the trade market as Ricky did. Ricky may not have produced as well in New Orleans, but he was everything coming out of college, and he was unhappy which hurt his production. Everyone knew that Ricky wasn't be used properly and was too heavy in New Orleans.

Henry was a second round pick who may be good, but he just isn't Ricky Williams, and he just won't get as much in a trade as Ricky did. Henry could be traded for a late first round pick I guess, but the Bills would not get more than that.

Comment

• Alluro
                              • Jul 2002

Didn't Ricky Williams break off not one but TWO 50 yd runs against the Bills late in the year? And that was just one game... Do you know what Travis Henry's longest run of the season was? IT WAS 26 YDS ! ... Ricky Williams is an explosive back with speed while Travis is more of a plodder in the mold of Rodney Hampton or Barry Foster.

Comment

Working...
                              X