• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBrown77
    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
    • Mar 2005

Langston Walker facing old team

Walker came from the raiders right? I guess their garbage turned into our gold.

wasn't he a turnstile there?

• SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Langston Walker facing old team

Yea thats what I heard. But he will turn the DEs back to the damn sidelines for Buffalo this weekend. Pancake block there asses

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

He was also their LT I believe, as Gallery was playing RT.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Wasnt it the other way around?? Gallery as the LT and Walker as the RT?

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Walker played 13 games at LT if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Walker was a competent lineman in Oakland. the problem was that line was garbage.. it made him look much worse.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
              Walker was a competent lineman in Oakland. the problem was that line was garbage.. it made him look much worse.
              He didn't do himself any favors.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I wonder if the Raiders will be surprised at how good Walker has become with solid coaching and placed next to other competent linemen.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Aug 2004

Langston Walker played some LT for the Raiders his rookie season when he stepped in after their starting LT was hurt.

He was, then, moved to RT for a season and performed pretty well for a second year OT. Then, they tried to move him to OG. He was very unhappy about that, but reluctantly made the move. He only played a few games there before he was moved back to RT due to another injury.

His final season in Oakland he was the starting RT for the whole season and was credited with giving up 10 or 11 sacks. However, what those stats do not show was the fact that, that season, the Raiders had two offensive line coaches--one for the tackles and one for the interior linemen--who were making the line calls on every play. According to an article on an Oakland website (that I posted the link for when the Bills signed Walker), the two offensive line coaches didn't like each other, didn't talk to each other, and often would make different calls for the players that they coached on the same play--so that the offensive tackles would often be doing one thing while the interior linemen would be doing something entirely different, so that the offensive line was never really moving in-synch, when the ball was snapped.

It was such a fiasco that a number of their linemen were extremely upset with the organization by the end of the season because they were getting the blame for the confusion that was caused by this rift in the coaching staff.

Oakland tried to keep L.Walker, but he, having the worst stats of their offensive linemen and getting a lot of the blame for what went wrong, wanted out of the confused situation and signed with the Bills.

Given all of that, it was hard for a fan to know what the Bills were getting when they signed Langston Walker. Was he the "turnstile' that he appeared to be his last season in Oakland or was he the talented but improperly used big man that the Bills' coaches told us that he was when the Bills signed him?

After seeing him play and watching him on clips on the BB.com website, I think that this has been one of the best free agent signings that the Bills have made in recent years. His ability to flip back and forth between RT and LT in that heat down in Jacksonville last Sunday and still play a pretty good game was certainly impressive.

I'm sure that he will be looking to have a good game on Sunday against the Raiders.
                  Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

Thats what I thought LTBF. Thanx.

I knew he played RT last season for ****land

Comment

• Raideraholic
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DBrown77
                      Walker came from the raiders right? I guess their garbage turned into our gold.

wasn't he a turnstile there?

Bills are going to need to give Langston walker help this week. There is no way he blocks Derrick Burgess. D Burgess routinely abused him in practice.

Comment

• mush69
                        • Jan 2003

I'm quite certian that Walker will have an exceptional week. After reading of all the turmoil that he came from in Oakland. I'm sure he has a thing to prove. Throw in the fact we are home in the cool weather, Peters will have more reps at LT and Walker can just concentrate on RT.

Walker IMO was a "diamond in the rough" at Oakland!

Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

Working...
                        X