• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Ray Lucas hits the road

I'm gonna miss him

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

DAVIE, Fla. (April 28, 2003) -- Quarterback Ray Lucas was released by the Miami Dolphins , a move that had been expected after he struggled filling in for injured starter Jay Fiedler last season.

The Dolphins were 5-1 when Fiedler was sidelined, then went 2-4 with Lucas as the starter.

Lucas' contract was terminated after he met with coach Dave Wannstedt.

"We still feel that Ray can be productive in this league, but we believe this move is in everyone's best interest," Wannstedt said. "This gives him time to try to start working as soon as possible with whatever team he winds up with."

The Dolphins plan to pursue Brian Griese as their backup quarterback. He's expected to be released June 1 by the Denver Broncos.

"Without mentioning any specific names, we feel there are some quality veteran quarterbacks who can help this football team," Wannstedt said. "We're confident that we will be able to add a quarterback like that to our roster before the start of training camp."

For now, Fiedler's backup is Sage Rosenfels , acquired last August in a trade with Washington.

Lucas, a seven-year veteran, completed 92 of 160 passes last season for 1,045 yards and four touchdowns. He threw six interceptions.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ray Lucas hits the road

Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
    He threw six interceptions.

almost all against the Bills

Comment

• WCoastFin
      I have the arms of a new born baby!
      • Jul 2002

you know what this means.....well besides me feeling as happy as a free Iraqi,........No more free wins for Buffalo from Miami!
      We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
        You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
        • Jul 2002

Excuses

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• Fat Tony
          • Sep 2002

No more excuses for Miami

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by WCoastFin
            you know what this means.....well besides me feeling as happy as a free Iraqi,........No more free wins for Buffalo from Miami!
            he makes it sound like the Bills picked Lucas to be the Dolphins backup QB
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

I heard Dallas was interested in him.

That's good to hear - provided Bill Parcells doesn't get the Lucas he had as coach of the Jets, and gets the new and 'improved' (for us) Lucas.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                I'm Really 4 and Short
                • Sep 2002

We should get him and switch Clements to WR.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

wow... Clements has got to be upset... 2 games a year against Lucas would have put him in the probowl.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X