PDA

View Full Version : Lynch speaks for first time this season...

Mitchy moo
09-19-2008, 02:28 PM
It certainly could not have been easy for Marshawn Lynch to address the media not knowing what was coming after a trying offseason, but Buffalo’s featured back addressed everything but said offseason after practice Friday in delivering his first comments since this past spring. Facing his hometown Raiders has him fired up for Sunday.
“It’s special,” said Lynch. “It’s my first time against my home team. I’ve been waiting for it. I’ve got some family coming in, my mom, grandmother, some cousins, so that should be cool.”
Lynch, who admits he was a Raiders fan growing up in Oakland, listed Jeff Hostetler and Napolean Kaufman as his favorite Raiders. Kaufman still holds the franchise mark for most rushing yards in a game with 227.
Lynch thinks at least some of his family members in attendance Sunday will be splitting their allegiances.
“If they’re true Raider fans they should be rooting for the Raiders, but they’ll be rooting for Marshawn too so it’s all good,” he said.
As for the Bills 2-0 start and goals for his second NFL campaign Lynch’s aspirations are team oriented.
“Playoffs and to win,” said Lynch succinctly.
However, the Bills top rusher doesn’t deny that being featured more in the passing game in Turk Schonert’s scheme appeals to him.
“Last year I thought I would be involved in the passing game more than I was. I didn’t get too many touches, but it was good having my fair share,” he said. “But just with the offense we’ve got going on now with me and Fred coming out of the backfield a little more and lining up at receiver. I think that’s something that’ll be good for us.”
As a team the Bills are averaging 3.3 yards per carry through the first two games. Lynch is averaging 3.6, which is still not satisfactory to him. But since it’s only been two games Lynch is confident the ground game will round into form.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6626

Cntrygal
09-19-2008, 07:39 PM
As for the Bills 2-0 start and goals for his second NFL campaign Lynch’s aspirations are team oriented.
“Playoffs and to win,” said Lynch succinctly.

:10:

LABillsFan
09-19-2008, 09:35 PM
True