PDA

View Full Version : Gameplan

PECKERWOOD
09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
What do you guys think we need to do to shut down the Raiders this Sunday? I think the plan has to be get ahead early so the Raiders have to throw the ball around the whole game to catch up to us, eliminating McFadden from the game. I don't think Russell is a very smart QB although he is a superior athlete to mostly everyone on the field but even so Oakland's WR core is damaged bad at best, I expect our DB's to have a huge game.

VeggieMan14
09-19-2008, 05:51 PM
What do you guys think we need to do to shut down the Raiders this Sunday? I think the plan has to be get ahead early so the Raiders have to throw the ball around the whole game to catch up to us, eliminating McFadden from the game. I don't think Russell is a very smart QB although he is a superior athlete to mostly everyone on the field but even so Oakland's WR core is damaged bad at best, I expect our DB's to have a huge game. Blitz Blitz Blitz and then Blitz some more at least two players each play

OpIv37
09-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Stack the box. 9 or 10 every play.

Russell only completed 6 passes last week and only one to a WR. Their WR's are not threats- only their RB's and maybe Russell's athleticism.

Greer and McGee can handle their WR's all day and Russell will make mistakes.

On O, I think they need to challenge D'Angelo Hall deep with Evans. He seems to bite on the double move. And run the ball with Lynch. Then run it again. Then run it some more.