PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable story on David-Kiffin

ghz in pittsburgh
09-19-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't know what I'll do if my boss put a pre-drafted resignation letter on my desk. pretty sick stuff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aqz3UynNmok32zbz08ddubxDubYF?slug=ms-thegameface091908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I doubt, though, that it has anything to do with what happens on the field on Sunday. Raiders win in Kansas city last week proved the point, though at this point, I don't know it counts as a win for Davis or Kiffin.

Oldbillsfan
09-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Al Davis has become everything that is wrong with the NFL

Mr. Pink
09-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Al Davis is a guy who is trying to prove that even at his age he can still win a championship. He thinks he can win by bringing in high priced big named free agents. It hasn't worked out for him.

But the dude is almost 80 years old, I can see why he has the mindset he has. He might not have enough time left to rebuild and have a 3-5 year plan to return to glory.

TigerJ
09-19-2008, 08:32 PM
For a long time I had the sense that Al Davis had become a very bad owner. This article certainly gives substance to all my bad vibes and then some. Maybe the Bills can win big and finally force Davis to fire Kiffin so poor Kiffin can escape the twilight zone he's found himself trapped in.

Ed
09-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Al Davis has become everything that is wrong with the NFL
I would say that there's a lot more that's wrong with Al Davis then the NFL. Nothing Al Davis does is normal NFL practice.

I know Al Davis is a total nut job, but I had no idea what a mess things are with that whole organization. How are they ever going to be able to hire a decent coach? Everyone knows they'd be walking into a nightmare situation. I mean, there's no way it can be a good career move.

You know it's a really sad day when you just feel sorry for the Raiders and their fans. It's not even fun to hate them because they're such a joke. I'd rather be a Dolphin fan at this point then a Raider fan. And that is truly sad.