PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Jersey won't be worn until...

LivingTheLife
09-20-2008, 10:28 AM
...around Thanksgiving! Wow, if it is as nice as we hope, then it's kind of a let down we have to wait that long to actually see this team play in them.

FYI - This info came from Kevin Sylvester on the Sabres Network.

Michael82
09-20-2008, 10:47 AM
I've been watching. I also heard him leak that there is going to be a new jacket on sale. And he said that his hint is for you to think Lindy Ruff at the Winter Classic.... if it's anything like this....... :drool: :drool:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/narm111/ruff-2-21-08.jpg

Philagape
09-20-2008, 11:05 AM
They look nice. Not very creative ... they're almost identical to the old blues. But that's OK. If only these were the main jerseys.

Michael82
09-20-2008, 11:08 AM
I love these freaking things!!!! :drool:

I will definitely be buying one. I'm not sure who yet. Either Pominville or Roy.

LivingTheLife
09-20-2008, 11:11 AM

I will definitely be buying one. I'm not sure who yet. Either Pominville or Roy.

Yeah, they're pretty sweet.

Philagape
09-20-2008, 11:12 AM
I'll get one with Briere on it :snicker: :couch:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-20-2008, 11:15 AM
The :oldskool: buffalo has a midnight blue outline going around it on the inside, while the circle and swords are outlined in silver.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Guys,

I am down at the Arena right now I took my laptop and I'm at the Sabres store right now as I'm typing this. The jerseys are not here. They probably won't be here until maybe Christmas time, you have to pre-order the jersey and put a deposit down of $55 and they have the prices up as well on the keyosks and on the wall. THE AUTHENTIC W NAME & # IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE $350 :$: :$: :$:

JERSEY PRICE
Blank Adult Replica $124
Lettered Adult Replica $179
Blank Youth Replica $104
Lettered Youth Replica $159
Blank Authentic $295
Lettered Authentic $350
Prices include sales tax

also they have the Portland Pirates corner here in the Sabres store where fans can buy Portland Pirates memorbelia something by the way the Americans never did when they we're the farm team of the Buffalo Sabres. :snicker2:

Michael82
09-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Guys I am down at the Arena right now I took my laptop and I'm at the Sabres store right now as I'm typing this. The jerseys are not here they won't be here until maybe Christmas time, you have to pre-order the jersey and put a deposit down of $55 and they have the prices up as well on the keyosks and on the wall. THE AUTHENTIC W NAME & # IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE $350 :$: :$: :$:

also they have the Portland Pirates corner here in the Sabres store where fans can buy Portland Pirates memorbelia something by the way the Americans never did

JERSEY PRICE
Blank Adult Replica $124
Blank Youth Replica $104
Blank Authentic $295
Lettered Authentic $350
Prices include sales tax
Portland Pirates stuff? :rofl: Who would want that?

Dr. Lecter
09-20-2008, 02:08 PM
:wave:

hydro
09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Portland Pirates stuff? :rofl: Who would want that?

Anyone that doesn't have a Rochester bias :idunno:

Michael82
09-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Anyone that doesn't have a Rochester bias :idunno:
oh come on! Who buys minor league stuff? :ill:

Oh and for the record, the Sabres did sell Amerks jerseys. So.... :blahblah:

hydro
09-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I would buy one just to flaunt in front of Mikey :snicker:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-20-2008, 02:40 PM
oh come on! Who buys minor league stuff? :ill:

Oh and for the record, the Sabres did sell Amerks jerseys. So.... :blahblah:

where do you get jerseys from? I said memorbelia are like mugs, glasses, hockey pucks, those little wooden hockey sticks, plastic swords, eye patches bandandas and pirates hats pirates of the caribean for the little kids But there was no jerseys.

SabreEleven
09-20-2008, 03:13 PM
FINALLY a jersey I won't be embarrassed to wear :up:

Michael82
09-20-2008, 03:43 PM
FINALLY a jersey I won't be embarrassed to wear :up:
EXACTLY! :hi5:

SabreEleven
09-20-2008, 05:55 PM
http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=MediaGalleryPlayer&galleryId=7188

pjw
09-20-2008, 09:53 PM
you can get them in Korea for $40

Michael82
09-20-2008, 10:05 PM
you can get them in Korea for $40
When are you going back? I would love one. :D

SabreEleven
09-20-2008, 10:14 PM
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2008/09/sabres3-2.jpg

SabreEleven
09-20-2008, 10:16 PM
http://media.buffalonews.com/smedia/2008/09/20/10/556-sabres_10-2_SPORTS_SABRES_PUCKDROP_2008_002.standalone.prod_affiliate.50.jpg

im4bflo
09-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Whatever they cost, this jersey is worth every penny!
The sooner it becomes our real jersey, the better!
They are freekin sweet! :oldskool:

im4bflo
09-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Guys,

I am down at the Arena right now I took my laptop and I'm at the Sabres store right now as I'm typing this. The jerseys are not here. They probably won't be here until maybe Christmas time, you have to pre-order the jersey and put a deposit down of $55 and they have the prices up as well on the keyosks and on the wall. THE AUTHENTIC W NAME & # IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE $350 :$: :$: :$:

JERSEY PRICE
Blank Adult Replica $124
Blank Youth Replica $104
Blank Authentic $295
Lettered Authentic $350
Prices include sales tax

also they have the Portland Pirates corner here in the Sabres store where fans can buy Portland Pirates memorbelia something by the way the Americans never did when they we're the farm team of the Buffalo Sabres. :snicker2:

What's the LARGEST size they're selling in the lettered authentic?

CuseJetsFan83
09-21-2008, 01:29 AM
What's the LARGEST size they're selling in the lettered authentic?

At the moment you can only purchase thru visiting the sabres store/calling them and making your payment...... and for an authentic lettered it must be paid in full...

i'd defintely like to get one of those

rbochan
09-21-2008, 08:32 AM

Sabretooth.

http://www.mascotspot.com/pics/sabretooth.jpg

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Whatever they cost, this jersey is worth every penny!
The sooner it becomes our real jersey, the better!
They are freekin sweet! :oldskool:

the NHL has a rule that teams must wait 5 yrs. until teams can change their logo's, they put this rule in because so many teams changed their jerseys especially the (Islanders and the Gorton Fisherman jersey) for so many years before the 05 season. When the NHL came back from the lockout. The only reason why teams changed got to change their logo's is because of RBK and the new edge jerseys, if RBK didn't come out with the edge jerseys the Sabres would still be wearing the madcow white, black, red and gray jerseys.

So let's see :scratch: the :gosabres: came out in the offseason of Sept. of 07 with the :gosabres: so the Sabres if they want to would be 2011 season.

Now theres no rule about switching jerseys like the the Capitals did and their Bald Eagle jersey.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/2000s/Images/Capitals1.gif or the NYR Lady Liberty jersey http://www.nhluniforms.com/2000s/Images/Rangers1.gif

and like making the :oldskool: the new home jersey and the :gosabres: the third jersey, but what would the Sabres do with two third jerseys.

SabreEleven
09-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Now what needs to happen is that all the teenage girls and little kids need to stop buying anything with the slug on it and buy everybody with the update vintage logo for the next 3 to 4 years....

pjw
09-21-2008, 11:35 AM
When are you going back? I would love one. :D
Sometime before I retire in the next five years i hope.
Probably to long before you would want to get one.
I would have that jacket lindy wore made too.

SabreEleven
09-21-2008, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't mind having that jacket either.

Michael82
09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't mind having that jacket either.
They're coming out with a new one. Kevin Sylvester modeled it during the Sabres Puck Drop. He said that it will be available in November and it's the new colors...but looks almost identical to the one from the Winter Classic.... :drool:

im4bflo
09-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Whatever the rules are, if this 3rd jersey outsells the slug, and is worn by the fans from now on, it becomes our jersey, and RBK and the slug can :kissa:
And 2011 it will be legally our new uni, and by then, we'll be Stanley CUP Champs!
And they can raise the original logo to the rafters again! bye-bye slug!
GO SABRES!

RockStar36
09-22-2008, 11:37 AM
I have a white jersey and was looking at either a Roy or Miller blue jersey. Since Miller signed I think it will be him. Since these new ones aren't available, it just made my decision that much easier. :gosabres:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Whatever the rules are, if this 3rd jersey outsells the slug, and is worn by the fans from now on, it becomes our jersey, and RBK and the slug can :kissa:
And 2011 it will be legally our new uni, and by then, we'll be Stanley CUP Champs!
And they can raise the original logo to the rafters again! bye-bye slug!
GO SABRES!

:laughing: it will not happen, The younger kids :love: :gosabres: and will have their parents buy :gosabres: they're the future sabres fans who will grow up with the :gosabres: this jersey will always be just a third jersey the :gosabres: isn't going anywhere so LIVE WITH IT!

BlackMetalNinja
09-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Wait... what are these "3rd jerseys" everybody is talking about?

THATHURMANATOR
09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Are you serious Scott?

im4bflo
09-22-2008, 06:03 PM
:laughing: it will not happen, The younger kids :love: :gosabres: and will have their parents buy :gosabres: they're the future sabres fans who will grow up with the :gosabres: this jersey will always be just a third jersey the :gosabres: isn't going anywhere so LIVE WITH IT!

:rolleyes: we'll see. the slug was a bandwagoners logo during a good year,
those fans will fade, and the lifelong fans will get their true logo back. :oldskool:

SabreEleven
09-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Are you serious Scott?

no he isn't

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
...around Thanksgiving! Wow, if it is as nice as we hope, then it's kind of a let down we have to wait that long to actually see this team play in them.

FYI - This info came from Kevin Sylvester on the Sabres Network.

The Sabres will wear the new jersey for the first time against the Bruins on November 26th. Neale said something about it on the color commentary tonight.