PDA

View Full Version : Ty Warren was the pick over McGahee

Tatonka
04-28-2003, 09:59 PM
according to Peter King of SI.

" I think the way I hear it, Buffalo probably would have gone with Ty Warren if he was left at No. 23, rather than McGahee"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2003/04/28/mmqb/

would everyone have been happier if we had the identical draft, trade Mcgahee for Warren?

I really wonder who the top 2 guys were, over WM, as TD said he was number 3 on their board.

:feedback:

Ingtar33
04-28-2003, 11:06 PM
hmmm McDougal probably

Demon
04-28-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
according to Peter King of SI.

" I think the way I hear it, Buffalo probably would have gone with Ty Warren if he was left at No. 23, rather than McGahee"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2003/04/28/mmqb/

would everyone have been happier if we had the identical draft, trade Mcgahee for Warren?

I really wonder who the top 2 guys were, over WM, as TD said he was number 3 on their board.

:feedback:

I heard on Empire Sports Network Brymante Bryant (i prolly misspelled his name) report that his "sources within the team" told him the Bills would have picked Warren, McDougal or Haynes with #23 if they were available. I donno how much stock you want to put into that but thats what Empire reported Saturday night.

BuffaloRanger
04-29-2003, 12:08 AM
In that same article Peter King (aka the Patriot whore), said according to his stat book TH fumbled 11 times but the team didn't lose one of them. WTF? He lost 8, with that one in Denver being returned for a TD the most painful.

He needs a better statbook. This whole Ty Warren thing could be something to make Pats fans feel better.

Alluro
04-29-2003, 05:35 AM
I heard some scouts and GMS were scared away from drafting warren because of recurring back problems.

Michael82
04-29-2003, 04:16 PM
See, this is what I have been saying. It makes the most sense because you have to figure that there TD had a backup plan. All the top DL prospects were off the chart by the time he picked, so he decided to go with the best available. I think this choice will turn out to be one of the biggest steals in the draft. :D

mikemac2001
04-29-2003, 04:54 PM
if Mcgahee doesnt recover its not good but its better then us drafting kelsey there and never taking a chance. some time chances work out sometimes they dont. i think mcgahee will recover just because the time and effort he is putting in.

Kicker22705
04-29-2003, 08:51 PM
I heard from the ESPN Draft Analysis that the Bills had McGahee ranked top of the Bill's boards. I think they said this late saturday night recapping the draft. I caught this part b/c i missed the whole draft and only got to see the recap. They said this was the Bills top three.

1. Willis McGahee
2. Terrance Newman
3. Robertson

Thailog80
04-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Peter King and Dr. Z must have a rock paper scissors game to see who gets to kiss the Pats butts every week.

Thailog80
04-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Kicker22705
I heard from the ESPN Draft Analysis that the Bills had McGahee ranked top of the Bill's boards. I think they said this late saturday night recapping the draft. I caught this part b/c i missed the whole draft and only got to see the recap. They said this was the Bills top three.

1. Willis McGahee
2. Terrance Newman
3. Robertson

Tatonka
04-29-2003, 10:34 PM
welcome to the zone vetteman84