PDA

View Full Version : Beasts of the AFC East Draft Review- Miami Dolphins

Ingtar33
04-29-2003, 05:52 AM
The Miami dolphins came into the 2003 draft with a desperate need to get younger and almost no quality picks to do it. Well, they traded away another future draft pick to add another 3rd round pick to their repertoire, and helping to give them a shot at some of the above average talent in this draft. Well unfortunately for Fin fans their staff seems fixated on small schools and D1-AA prospects as they mined those ranks heavily yet again in the continuing search for the second coming of the non-LB version of Zack Thomas. Their draft was a seemingly random assortment of prospects as they nabbed guys in round 3 they could have got in 6 and grabbed guys in 6 who slipped through the cracks and should have gone in 2... read more here... (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=4&state=news&nid=4989)

Dozerdog
04-29-2003, 05:54 AM
What are you, a Vampire? Don't you ever sleep? LOL

Ingtar33
04-29-2003, 06:00 AM
lol... no... its sort of funny... I went to bed last night, what 4 or 5 hours ago... and woke up at 6am... I’ve been pacing around unable to get back to sleep, I figured I'd get up. Nervous energy I guess. I really aught to start running or exercising again, maybe then I’d sleep more at night.

Anyway, what ya’ll think of the article?

Dozerdog
04-29-2003, 06:00 AM
I really see a hard fall for the Dolphins- It's a sad day when Brian Griese will be their savior(if they grab him June 1)

In retrospect, I really think the fins blew it on the Ricky Williams deal. 2 #1's and a 3- they could have grabbed some solid OL help and Clinton Portis with those picks- sure you have the league leading rusher but you created more holes, and ate up enough cap space to actually decline 2 games!

Dozerdog
04-29-2003, 06:02 AM
BTW Folks- Wednesday- The New York Jets, Thursday, the New England Patriots

Ingtar33
04-29-2003, 06:02 AM
... it seems like forever since they had a 1st and a 2nd round pick to play with in the draft doesn't it?

HenryRules
04-29-2003, 08:51 AM
Nice job ... thanks for the info.

Its nice to see one of the front offices in our division can be counted on to mess things up every offseason.

Tatonka
04-29-2003, 09:04 AM
nice article ing.. i think you were very nice to them on their picks.

ArcticWildMan
04-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Outstanding article! Thanks Ingtar!!! :up:

Earthquake Enyart
04-29-2003, 10:25 AM
I love Wanny being in charge. :snicker:

They'll be 4-12 in no time. :rofl:

DraftBoy
04-29-2003, 01:39 PM
You really think Tolver is that bad? I thought he was one of their better picks. I agree though Osgood (who led the nation in receptions) is a better WR

Ingtar33
04-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Well there is one thing most college scouts look for in judging how well a receiver will transfer to the NFL... that is his ability to get open.

Tolver is able to find nice spots in zones, but totally unable to get open against a physical press... Osgood can get open against a press, Tolver couldn't (although Tolver did run better routs…)