PDA

View Full Version : totally blown replay call

Meathead
09-21-2008, 04:32 PM
evans has two hands clearly on the ball when his knee hits. the ball isnt moving, it stays in the same position until just after his knee hits

how a human being can walk away from the replay screen and not call that a reception for evans is beyond mind boggling. i woulda bet my doublewide that play was getting overruled

i DESPISE when people whine about the refs, but in a way that was WORSE than hochulis call because they had a chance to review it and they STILL got it dead wrong

sometimes when i see these obvious replays called wrong i think maybe ive just gone completely insane because thats the only way a ref could still get it wrong

one of the worst replay calls in bills history. thank god it didnt lose the game for us

Don't Panic
09-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I agree completely, but I put special focus on the last line.

Ingtar33
09-21-2008, 04:35 PM
that was pretty weak.

I know if that happened to me (my team) i would have lost it.

Mr. Miyagi
09-21-2008, 04:37 PM
That should've been either a down by contact or incompletion. No way it was a fumble. Awful call. :down:

Meathead
09-21-2008, 04:40 PM
does anybody have any idea whatsoever how they could possibly make a ruling like that?

ingtar? coach?

i mean on the replay im looking right at his hands on both sides of the ball and his knee touches the ground. play over. for sure. for absolute hairy ass sure

when the refs are in their review meetings tomorrow what explanation could the review ref possibly give?

Dujek
09-21-2008, 04:41 PM
does anybody have any idea whatsoever how they could possibly make a ruling like that?

ingtar? coach?

i mean on the replay im looking right at his hands on both sides of the ball and his knee touches the ground. play over. for sure. for absolute hairy ass sure

when the refs are in their review meetings tomorrow what explanation could the review ref possibly give?

He's a Raider fan?

Tatonka
09-21-2008, 04:42 PM
that was pretty weak.

I know if that happened to me (my team) i would have lost it.

um.. didnt it happen to your team?

Tatonka
09-21-2008, 04:43 PM
That should've been either a down by contact or incompletion. No way it was a fumble. Awful call. :down:

it was called an interception right? evans was only credited with 1 fumble.. the one before the half.

Turf
09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
I agree entirely with you meathead.
The only way they could have called it was that Evans never had possession, and that the ball never hit the ground and rolled into the defenders arms without contacting the ground.
IMO it was a catch and down by contact. Obviously the ref had to believe he never had possession of the ball.

Owen DeBoard
09-21-2008, 04:50 PM
That just goes to show you how good this young team is to overcome a bad call that put you out of the game because they scored a td after and we still won. This team knows how to win. Go bills!

YardRat
09-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Simultaneous possession ALWAYS goes to the offense, by rule. The only way that call is valid and not overturned is if the defender clearly has 'more' possession than the receiver, which he didn't, or else the ref is blind and ignorant.

I vote the latter.

They also almost screwed the Raiders, though, with the PI/tipped ball call later on.

Mitchy moo
09-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Simultaneous possession ALWAYS goes to the offense, by rule. The only way that call is valid and not overturned is if the defender clearly has 'more' possession than the receiver, which he didn't, or else the ref is blind and ignorant.

I vote the latter.

They also almost screwed the Raiders, though, with the PI/tipped ball call later on.

Water the bridge is calling, 2 hours late.

Lefty2985
09-21-2008, 05:30 PM
that was by far a horrible call

YardRat
09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Water the bridge is calling, 2 hours late.

55 minutes. Buy a new watch.

BAM
09-21-2008, 06:59 PM
MAN we had to overcome SO MANY bonehead/blown/bad plays/calls today but still PULLED OUT A WIN! I am still shocked. We haven't seen this type of team in years. Good teams will overcome and win the game. We are finally a good team again. 3-0.

syracuse76
09-23-2008, 08:32 AM
that was a BS call. goes to prove the refs in this league arent the greatest. SEE DENVER VS. THE CHARGERS????

The Spaz
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Except when the defender comes away with the ball. Freaking fight for it for God's sakes.

The play should have ended when he was in posession and on the ground.

The Spaz
09-23-2008, 09:32 AM
He was bobbling it.

Not when his knees first hit the ground.

Agent007
09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
I can't wait for Mike Peria's explanation on nfl network.

The Spaz
09-23-2008, 03:39 PM
He never had it.

yes!:band:

thenry20
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
evans has two hands clearly on the ball when his knee hits. the ball isnt moving, it stays in the same position until just after his knee hits

how a human being can walk away from the replay screen and not call that a reception for evans is beyond mind boggling. i woulda bet my doublewide that play was getting overruled

i DESPISE when people whine about the refs, but in a way that was WORSE than hochulis call because they had a chance to review it and they STILL got it dead wrong

sometimes when i see these obvious replays called wrong i think maybe ive just gone completely insane because thats the only way a ref could still get it wrong

one of the worst replay calls in bills history. thank god it didnt lose the game for us

All that is moot. Even if both are awarded simultaneous possession, it goes to the offense because, since Lee is on his back, he is down by contact, and thus the play over.

Oaf
09-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Simultaneous possession was not conclusive.

jamze132
09-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Hopefully the NFL does a review and changes the statline.

Mercy
09-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Simultaneous possession was not conclusive.I think it was the bobbling.

Where did my posts go?