PDA

View Full Version : How about those Pats fans?

DynaPaul
09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
They really stay with their team through thick and thin huh?

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Fans booed the Patriots. Many left early. The record winning streak of their favorite team was ending with a stunning domination by the lowly Dolphins.

Game Recap (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AofRB4TGWriI2zyl6K132XlDubYF?gid=20080921017&prov=ap)

Pretty sad.

Paul

SABuffalo786
09-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Foxboro will be empty again within a few seasons just like the early 90s...

Mr. Miyagi
09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Whatever happened to those "life long Pats fans"?

:rofl:

!Papacrunk!
09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
during the NFL.com recap, they have a shot of a buncha Pats fans leaving. During the game, they showed a shot of them leaving, and it was still somewhat early in the 4th.

B-DON
09-21-2008, 08:41 PM
I would of left that *****show too. How can you blame them for that? The booing is a totally different story.

njsue
09-22-2008, 07:43 AM
The sky is falling in big chunks.

Check out the boston herald pats fans comments.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1120572&format=comments&cnum=2

Some are saying that Bellycheat is looking like he did in Cleveland.

:roflmao:

Reality has set in. :biggrin:

mybills
09-22-2008, 07:50 AM
I lmao when I saw them leaving.
Do you know how expensive those tickets are? You stay and get your money's worth to watch football. They don't like football, they like the bledsoe bloody ribs logo and the ignorant atmosphere.

don137
09-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I guess a good poll would be who are the biggest quitters: the Patriots players against the Dolphins or the Patriot fans?

mybills
09-22-2008, 08:01 AM
:chuckle:

Night Train
09-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Whatever happened to those "life long Pats fans"?

Their 7 year life is up.

HughC
09-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Let's be honest - there would have been a lot of fans leaving and some booing in every other NFL stadium if their team played that badly as the Patriots did yesterday. Thanks Dolphins, now can you please do that again next time you play the Pats?

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Their 7 year life is up.
I lived in New England for 4 years when they sucked and I've met maybe 2 Pats fans. Believe me everyone else who claims to be a "Pats fan" is just another bandwagon jumper.

Mike13
09-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks Dolphins, now can you please do that again next time you play the Pats?

A sweep would be wonderful.

mybills
09-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I lived in New England for 4 years when they sucked and I've met maybe 2 Pats fans. Believe me everyone else who claims to be a "Pats fan" is just another bandwagon jumper.
I've lived here all my life and you are absolutely correct. Actually, I know the two that you've met..and one more. Tim, Charlie and Mike. :up:

mybills
09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Let's be honest - there would have been a lot of fans leaving and some booing in every other NFL stadium if their team played that badly as the Patriots did yesterday.
Not Bills fans..we learned from the come back game.

DynaPaul
09-22-2008, 07:30 PM
If I'm at a Bills game and they're getting pounded I still stay until the whistle. Call me die-hard. I just find it laughable that that's how much of a fan those people were.

Mr. Pink
09-22-2008, 09:07 PM
:rofl: at this whole thread, because no other team's fans ever leave early in the middle of blowout right?

How long is their season ticket waiting list again?

Who didn't sell out the "greatest comeback in NFL history?

Think before you post.

SABuffalo786
09-22-2008, 10:49 PM

Think before you post.

Yeah, an 80,000 seat stadium that didn't sell out by what? A thousand if that?

If you really are a Bills fan, stop being a ****ing apologist. You like to rail against "homerism" but you act like Vito Corelone undermining your own side just to give the cheating, bandwagon jumping ****ing scum some kind of leverage.

Go cheer for the ****ing Browns full time if you're going to act like that.

Michael82
09-23-2008, 08:51 AM
If I'm at a Bills game and they're getting pounded I still stay until the whistle. Call me die-hard. I just find it laughable that that's how much of a fan those people were.
Good post! I totally agree. Even last year when the Bills hosted Sunday Night Football and the Patriots kept running up the score like they usually do, I thought about leaving...but nope. I stayed all the way until the final player left the field. :ill:

If I'm going to pay the crazy money for the ticket, I'm going to stay for the whole thing. Even if it's at another stadium. I stayed until the end of that nasty Bills/Chargers game in 2005 too. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2008, 08:54 AM
:rofl: at this whole thread, because no other team's fans ever leave early in the middle of blowout right?

Think before you post.
I know the Browns fans are probably leaving early!!!

Good point

The Bills sold the game out for sure but not in time for the blackout deadline.

You do the same Tom.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2008, 08:54 AM
I certainly left the Patriots destruction of the Bills early last year and the Giants game as I was freezing my nuts off.

Michael82
09-23-2008, 10:21 AM
I certainly left the Patriots destruction of the Bills early last year and the Giants game as I was freezing my nuts off.
:cynic:

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2008, 10:31 AM
:cynic:
We were losing by 40 points.
At least I went to the Giants game.

parrishlynchevans
09-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I know you guys will find it hard to believe but when the Patriots were a joke franchise my stepdad was a Pats fan when he lived in Texas. He used to hate that the Cowboys were always on, but yeah my stepdad is a diehard Patriots fan. Last year when the Giants upset them in the Super Bowl he said the whole season was a wasted season.

mybills
09-23-2008, 10:32 AM
$45-$57 is one thing, but the cheapest seat at Gillette is $130.

They are just STOOPIT!

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah, an 80,000 seat stadium that didn't sell out by what? A thousand if that?

If you really are a Bills fan, stop being a ****ing apologist. You like to rail against "homerism" but you act like Vito Corelone undermining your own side just to give the cheating, bandwagon jumping ****ing scum some kind of leverage.

Go cheer for the ****ing Browns full time if you're going to act like that.

you really think he would... they're 0-3..i dont get these people who have two favorite teams..i know i can only root for one team..the BUFALLO BILLS!..having two favoirte teams is *****-like..if one team sucks, you can just root for the other team..it's clear that he's a bigger browns fan then he is bills..but right now, he's a bills fan cause they're 3-0 and the browns are 0-3.

mybills
09-23-2008, 10:39 AM
but he likes them "equally" :rolleyes:

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-23-2008, 10:44 AM
but he likes them "equally" :rolleyes:

yeah equally my ass...

we all know damn well that he's a bigger bills fan than he his browns right now..but id rather have him root for the browns, considering he just puts down any bills fan who's happy..just because his browns suck ass, an anderson is a one shot wonder..

Agent007
09-23-2008, 10:47 AM
yeah equally my ass...

we all know damn well that he's a bigger bills fan than he his browns right now..but id rather have him root for the browns, considering he just puts down any bills fan who's happy..just because his browns suck ass, an anderson is a one shot wonder..

I never understood how someone can have two favorite teams.

It's convinient to jump on the bandwagon on one when the other is a loser.

It's a nice backup plan, nonetheless.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-23-2008, 10:49 AM

It's convinient to jump on the bandwagon on one when the other is a loser.

It's a nice backup plan, nonetheless.

ya thats all it is..how can you even like football if you have two favorite teams? its seriously beyond me.

mybills
09-23-2008, 10:56 AM

It's fine as long as they put one as their 1st, and the other as their 2nd.

Bills will always be my #1.
The Giants will always be my #2.

If the Bills move to Canada, guess which one will be my #1.?

As for FTY, he has already said he likes the Bills and Browns equal. He sounds like a 100% Browns fan. :cynic:

Agent007
09-23-2008, 11:09 AM

As for FTY, he has already said he likes the Bills and Browns equal. He sounds like a 100% Browns fan. :cynic:

At least you won't jump on the Giants bandwagon if the Bills were to go 1-6 halfway.

mybills
09-23-2008, 11:16 AM
I should clarify even more..they've been my #1 for 39 years. I've seen worse. :chuckle:

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:30 AM
There was no such thing as a Patriot fan until they won a Super Bowl.

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:30 AM

Nothing wrong with having a #2 team :up:

Agent007
09-23-2008, 11:31 AM
[quote=mybills]I should clarify even more..they've been my #1 for 39 years. I've seen worse. :chuckle:[/quote

Hey mybills got anymore ghost stories?

I've been reading the ones you've posted.

I've always been intrigued with the paranormal.

SABuffalo786
09-23-2008, 11:35 AM

I actually left when we were winning that game.

That's how cold I was. I never felt bone chilling numbness like that in my life and I was at Cleveland the week before in the blizzard.

DynaPaul
09-23-2008, 11:50 AM

I know the feeling of freezing your nuts off. It was like that at the Bills-Broncos night game at the end of Donahoe's reign as GM. I was up in the nosebleed seats and was never that cold at a game in my entire life. Still, I manned up and stayed the whole game even though I couldn't feel my face, hands, gonads, or feet.

LtFinFan66
09-23-2008, 12:21 PM
$45-$57 is one thing, but the cheapest seat at Gillette is $130.

They are just STOOPIT!Actually they have seats for $65, $89, and $117
http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/seating_chart_popup.html

Michael82
09-23-2008, 01:01 PM
I went to the Giants game and had a river under my feet, but i stayed until the end.

Michael82
09-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I know the feeling of freezing your nuts off. It was like that at the Bills-Broncos night game at the end of Donahoe's reign as GM. I was up in the nosebleed seats and was never that cold at a game in my entire life. Still, I manned up and stayed the whole game even though I couldn't feel my face, hands, gonads, or feet.
I did too. Just like I stuck around until the end of the Bills/Browns game in Cleveland last year.

Mike13
09-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Think before you post.

WTF is a Browns fan doing here?

I've never left a Fins game, hell I've stucka round though intense heat and downpours.

Mr. Pink
09-24-2008, 12:02 AM
yeah equally my ass...

For the slow people or the one's that don't pay attention...

I didn't become a Bills fan til 1996 when they started doing Dawg Pound day at the Ralph. I have respect for a franchise that goes out of it's way for another, something Ralph and the Bills have done from the start of their franchise, basically.

Because of that and not having the Browns to root for 3 seasons, I rooted for the Bills. I also live in Buffalo and follow the team just as much as I follow the Browns.

While it's true, I've never had Bills season tickets and did have Browns season tickets at one time, and I've been to a lot more Browns games than Bills it doesn't mean I am not a fan of both teams. It doesn't mean I don't follow both teams. And it sure as hell doesn't mean I don't see things with rose-colored glasses with either team either.

I take a realistic approach and can't stand fans who think the organization can do no wrong...which plenty of people here and in Cleveland do. Hence the whole point of this thread is complete stupidity.

Oh no, fans left the game early. Every franchise has fans that leave early. The Pats-Bills game that even Thurm admitted to leaving early was maybe, at best, half full by the middle of the 4th quarter. It happens to every franchise. Your team sucks that day and is getting killed, you try to beat traffic and get home. Happens.

But to act like anyone's franchise does everything right and nothing wrong...or any fanbase doesn't have good fans is asinine. Every franchise has it's fair share of good and fair-weather fans.

Just for you, if you'd like, I'll stop rooting for the Bills because apparently it's lame to like two teams equally. To be honest, if the Browns never left, I wouldn't give two shakes about this team here.

If you've ever paid to my posts before, I've stated numerous times that Anderson is hugely inconsistent too. On top of the fact that half of their offense is hurt...so it's no wonder that can't do jack. It is what it is.

gr8slayer
09-24-2008, 02:57 PM

For the slow people or the one's that don't pay attention...

I didn't become a Bills fan til 1996 when they started doing Dawg Pound day at the Ralph. I have respect for a franchise that goes out of it's way for another, something Ralph and the Bills have done from the start of their franchise, basically.

Because of that and not having the Browns to root for 3 seasons, I rooted for the Bills. I also live in Buffalo and follow the team just as much as I follow the Browns.

While it's true, I've never had Bills season tickets and did have Browns season tickets at one time, and I've been to a lot more Browns games than Bills it doesn't mean I am not a fan of both teams. It doesn't mean I don't follow both teams. And it sure as hell doesn't mean I don't see things with rose-colored glasses with either team either.

I take a realistic approach and can't stand fans who think the organization can do no wrong...which plenty of people here and in Cleveland do. Hence the whole point of this thread is complete stupidity.

Oh no, fans left the game early. Every franchise has fans that leave early. The Pats-Bills game that even Thurm admitted to leaving early was maybe, at best, half full by the middle of the 4th quarter. It happens to every franchise. Your team sucks that day and is getting killed, you try to beat traffic and get home. Happens.

But to act like anyone's franchise does everything right and nothing wrong...or any fanbase doesn't have good fans is asinine. Every franchise has it's fair share of good and fair-weather fans.

Just for you, if you'd like, I'll stop rooting for the Bills because apparently it's lame to like two teams equally. To be honest, if the Browns never left, I wouldn't give two shakes about this team here.

If you've ever paid to my posts before, I've stated numerous times that Anderson is hugely inconsistent too. On top of the fact that half of their offense is hurt...so it's no wonder that can't do jack. It is what it is.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking two teams. Hell, I like all 32 teams! There, I said it.

Mr. Pink
09-24-2008, 02:58 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking two teams. Hell, I like all 32 teams! There, I said it.

I like the NFL!

Outside of the Pissburgh Stoolers and Baltimore Ratbirds that is.

gr8slayer
09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
I like the NFL!

Outside of the Pissburgh Stoolers and Baltimore Ratbirds that is.
I even like them! I just like football, I don't really care who the team is. Hell, I do just as much scouting at pop warner games as I do at NFL/NCAA games.

mybills
09-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Actually they have seats for $65, $89, and $117
http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/seating_chart_popup.html
They must have lowered them to fill the place. They were $130 for the very last row at the top the year they opened. I know, because I was one of the suckers who bought one. ****ty seats in a ****ty stadium for a ****ty team with ****ty fans. Never again. :down: