PDA

View Full Version : Where do we stand?

imbondz
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Where do we realistically stand with the other 3-0 teams, and 2-1 teams?

I still don't think we're an elite team in the league. That goes to:

Giants
Cowboys
Green Bay
Patsies
Steelers
Eagles

I do put us ahead of Denver though because they don't have a defense.

ALL D
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
We are definately a growing team...

I am excited about our 3-0 start and the promise of the future around here...

Slim
09-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Denver still scares the hell out of me. Cutler is a stud.

Crisis
09-21-2008, 09:15 PM
i think we can hang with anybody in the league, i dont have that feeling of hopelessness i got when i saw new england on the schedule the past couple years...

that said i think anybody can hang with us...as evidenced by the raiders today

imbondz
09-21-2008, 09:16 PM
i think we can hang with anybody in the league, i dont have that feeling of hopelessness i got when i saw new england on the schedule the past couple years...

that said i think anybody can hang with us...as evidenced by the raiders today

totally agree.

LABillsFan
09-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Cowboys
GB
Philly
NYG
Titans
Steelers
Bills/Denver

Crisis
09-21-2008, 09:17 PM
i know they're not a sexy pick too, but the titans scare the hell out of me.

ALL D
09-21-2008, 09:19 PM
The Jags are much better than Oakland and we played them the very same...

LABillsFan
09-21-2008, 09:24 PM
i know they're not a sexy pick too, but the titans scare the hell out of me.

The Titans could very well be the team to beat in the AFC. Solid team through and through.

Mitchell55
09-21-2008, 10:56 PM
1st off, no teams who have lost should be ahead of a lossless team. So heres my list. 1. Dal 2. NYG 3. Buf 4. Den 5. Ten The reason buffalo is so high is because they have great O, D, and ST.

LABillsFan
09-21-2008, 11:45 PM
1st off, no teams who have lost should be ahead of a lossless team. So heres my list. 1. Dal 2. NYG 3. Buf 4. Den 5. Ten The reason buffalo is so high is because they have great O, D, and ST.

Why? If Dallas had lost tonight, you're going to tell me Dallas would be ranked behind Buffalo? Not a chance.

Romes
09-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Clark Judge thinks we're #4

My top five
1. Dallas 2. N.Y. Giants 3. Philadelphia 4. Buffalo 5. Tennessee

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10989252

BlackMetalNinja
09-22-2008, 07:17 AM
I think we're a top 10 team at this point, but there are plenty of teams that would give us a real difficult time. Fortunately, we only have to play the teams on our schedule for right now :up:

RedEyE
09-22-2008, 07:28 AM
I think that our defense is as good as any team on that list except maybe Pittsburgh.

Offensively, we will struggle against those teams unless the Bills come into their own by the end of the season.

I think the Cowboys might be the best team in football right now.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-22-2008, 07:36 AM
We really only have to be concerned with the AFC. Who cares who is good in the NFC until we get to the superbowl? By then a lot can and will change.

That said, name one team in the AFC that we couldn't compete with. There are none. For the first time in almost a decade, there are NONE. Does that mean the Bills are better than Pittsburgh, NE, or Tennessee? NO.

They haven't proven to be better than us yet either.

RedEyE
09-22-2008, 07:37 AM
We really only have to be concerned with the AFC. Who cares who is good in the NFC until we get to the superbowl? By then a lot can and will change.

That said, name one team in the AFC that we couldn't compete with. There are none. For the first time in almost a decade, there are NONE. Does that mean the Bills are better than Pittsburgh, NE, or Tennessee? NO.

They haven't proven to be better than us yet either.

The Broncos are the first team that comes to mind, but they are purely offense. Their defense is weak

LifetimeBillsFan
09-22-2008, 07:44 AM
We are definately a growing team...

I am excited about our 3-0 start and the promise of the future around here...

I agree.

At this point, I will stick with what Jauron said about this team during this past week: if they stay healthy and keep working at it, this Bills team has "a chance to be a decent team this season".

The team is coming along well and being 3-0 and in first place in the AFC East is great, but I'm not sure that this team is experienced enough or has enough big-time play-makers yet to be capable of becoming a "great" team this season (next year, different story), but they definitely appear to have the makings of what Jauron refered to as a "decent" team--a team capable of winning enough games to make the playoffs and not get embarrassed once there.

How do they rate right now in comparison to the other top teams in the NFL? It really doesn't matter much. It's how they stack up against each opponent that they face each week. And, then--and only then, how they stack up against the best at the end of this season when the playoffs begin.

We'll see how they stack up then. I have a feeling that this will be a much better team at that point, though, than it is right now--this team is still in the process of coming of age and getting better.

Stewie
09-22-2008, 07:47 AM
we are basically the same team as last year, except our defense improved. We lost a lot of games by a single score in the last couple years. Now we're winning them, but realistically we could very easily be 1-2.

Props to the defense. Kyle Williams and Marcus Stroud are the difference makers. They're playing very well.

njsue
09-22-2008, 07:50 AM
The Bills have learned how to win close games. :up:

mybills
09-22-2008, 07:54 AM
The Titans could very well be the team to beat in the AFC. Solid team through and through.
I agree.
and imbondz..the Bills and Titans look better than the Pats. I have no idea why they're on your list. :cynic: