PDA

View Full Version : What I Got Out Of Todays Game

Typ0
09-21-2008, 11:40 PM
There has been talk all week of OAK coach getting fired. I'd lose a chunk of respect for Al Davis if he fired the coaching staff of the raiders. That was a good football team we played today. Better than Seattle that's for sure and up to test with JAX. Things are looking good for us. If Al Davis fires his coaching staff it looks really bad for (fill in the blank).

shelby
09-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Al Davis is certifiable.

i must admit the Raiders looked like a decent team.

Historian
09-22-2008, 04:47 AM
I agree Typo.

They were well prepared, and well motivated.

If it were me, I would let him at least ride out the season.

Actually, I would have never hired him in the first place, lol.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-22-2008, 09:10 AM
The thing that was tough about this game going in was figuring out how hard the Oakland team would play for their coaches. They came out and they played hard.

Being as bad as they have been for as long as they have been bad, Oakland has been able to put a lot of talent on the Raiders' roster. Burgess, Howard, Morrison, Asamougha, Hall, Huff, Gallery, Grove, J.Walker, Bush, McFadden, J.Walker, and their TE (whose name escapes me) are all very talented athletes. T.Kelly may be overpaid, but he can play, too. And, J.Russell has talent, too, even if he is still VERY raw.

The problem that the Raiders have is that their talent is still very young and inexperienced and Russell isn't ready yet to give them quality play at the QB position. But, Al Davis is so impatient that he isn't willing to give his coaching staff a chance to develop all of that young talent without meddling.

The Raiders remind me a bit of the Bills under Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey: they have enough talent to give any team a tough game if they hang together, but don't have enough experience or cohesiveness to win many of those tough games. But, just with their talent, they still are capable of winning some of those games (possibly 4-6)--as they showed against the Bills.

Typ0
09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Raiders have played well defensively for years now but their offense has killed them.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Raiders have a lot of talent.

They need a more stabled-run front office, and a little help on the OL and then they can turn it around.

That defense is stacked.

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 10:26 AM
The raiders are a better football team than we thought. It's not Kiffins fault he has a young Qb . The minute Russell develops, watch out. Hopefully AL Davis is his usual self and ruins any continuity Russell could gain by sticking to one system. The more often Al Davis keeps switching coaches, the longer it'll take the raiders to get good.

Al should follow Marv's blueprint.

SABuffalo786
09-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I just can't imagine why they didn't call at least one time out with that minute or so left.

Even if the Bills run out 30 or 40 seconds at least give your offense the chance to try a couple Hail Marys.

Typ0
09-22-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't think they could have gotten the ball back. What is the point of stopping the clock at that point and helping the offense?

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
I agree. I feel really bad for Kiffin, I bet they will regret firing him one day, because he is young and has a great future ahead of him. He has made some boneheaded comments to the media, but I'm sure he is just frustrated about his dictator of an owner. Whether it was us playing poorly or them playing very well, and I'd say its a little of both, they dominated us for 3/4 of that game, and the players were going balls-to-the-wall for him. I think the D just ran out of steam.

Ed
09-22-2008, 11:55 AM
There has been talk all week of OAK coach getting fired. I'd lose a chunk of respect for Al Davis if he fired the coaching staff of the raiders. That was a good football team we played today. Better than Seattle that's for sure and up to test with JAX. Things are looking good for us. If Al Davis fires his coaching staff it looks really bad for (fill in the blank).
Wait a second. Are you implying that you actually still have any respect left for Al Davis?

Typ0
09-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Wait a second. Are you implying that you actually still have any respect left for Al Davis?

I do actually. A lot of reasons. He's still active with the weekly planning for example. It's because he's a football mind. He takes a lot of chances too...I like that.