PDA

View Full Version : Bills Are Still A Work In Progress

Night Train
09-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Still, it's nice to think we have plenty of room for improvement while we sport a 3-0 record. :up:

The OL was getting crushed up the middle in pass protection until the 4th Quarter. I was watching Fowler & Butler getting dominated by the Raiders from the stands. I can clearly see where our next Draft should focus.

Do to the drizzle or whatever, Edwards had a stretch where he couldn't complete passes. Schonert didn't trust him on a couple series in the 2nd & 3rd quarter, electing to play it safe and run, leading to punts.

I obviously look at the Rams game as a winnable but do not maintain the belief that "I expect us to win". Any given Sunday, as the Dolphins showed us yesterday.

We're not up there yet with the elite and we will lose some games. The team confidence factor is dramatically improved, since we don't win these last 2 games if this was 2003-2007.

The schedule and lady luck have been kind to us so far. I'm thrilled with the progress but not viewing this team with rose colored glasses just yet.

Still holding on to the goal of snatching a wild card spot and will take any bonuses, once that is achieved. This team is still growing & getting better. Staying grounded and taking it one game at a time.

Go Bills !

jamze132
09-22-2008, 06:17 AM
You don't sound to optimistic. You sound like afan who has been ****ed over for too long, and rightfully so.

But listen, can you hear that? It's the winds of change...

TigerJ
09-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I think the Bills still have room to improve, but being 3-0 with room to improve is a very sweet place to be, much better than 0-3 with room to improve.

Agent007
09-22-2008, 09:18 AM
For two straight weeks this team has found a way to win.

That's growth.

This team is probably one year early of where they should be.

parrishlynchevans
09-22-2008, 09:22 AM
The schedule and lady luck have been kind to us so far. I'm thrilled with the progress but not viewing this team with rose colored glasses just yet.

Um scoring 10 4th qtr points in Week 2 and then 17 in the 4th this week is not luck. It's skill, but if you want to view it as luck then I guess that's your distorted view of luck.

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 09:34 AM
there's always room for improvement. Always.

Oaf
09-22-2008, 10:26 AM
For two straight weeks this team has found a way to win.

That's growth.

This team is probably one year early of where they should be.
Agreed. I would say that we're one offensive draft and a LB away from being elite contenders. That being said, if Edwards and Lynch can make it happen (playoffs) with this group, they both deserve Pro Bowl bids.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Good post, but you can add Dockery to that list.

Fowler and Butler werent the only ones getting ***** slapped for 3 Qts. Dock was no better.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-22-2008, 11:56 AM
You can add five dropped passes in the first half (two by Lynch, one each by Evans, Hardy and Schouman) to the areas that need improvement. The offense would have looked a lot better in the first half had those balls been caught.

So, yes, the Bills are indeed still a work in progress. It's nice that they have been able to get out to a 3-0 record while still "working out some of the kinks", but they still have a ways to go and there is a lot of room for improvement in all phases of their game.

But, with the way that this team doesn't give up and keeps its poise and humility, I expect to see this team continue to get better and better as the season progresses.

I absolutely love the way that Dick Jauron described this team in one of his press conferences this past week when he said that he thought that "if they keep working at it, they have a chance to be a decent team" as the season progresses. I think that sums it up perfectly.

They need a couple more pieces--another play-maker or two--and a bit more experience to really become a "good" team--the kind of team that other teams fear and that has to be taken seriously as a Super Bowl contender. But, if they stay healthy and keep working at it and improving, they have a chance to become a really "decent" team by the end of this season--the kind of team that can make it to the playoffs and not be embarrassed by any team that it might face there.

Being able to learn the lessons that they have learned and need to learn while still experiencing success is terrific--being 3-0 and first in the AFC East is great!--but this team still is a work in progress and has a ways to go. It's going to be interesting--and should be exciting--to watch this team continue to improve and develop as this season progresses. I know that I'm looking forward to it!