PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters was terrible yesterday

elltrain22
09-22-2008, 05:59 AM
He single-handedly gave up 2 sacks that I know of, where he just got overpowered by a pass rusher. He also was sketchy on run blocking. I wish he could've gotten to camp on time, and had some practice reps, b/c he would be so much more effective for us.

clumping platelets
09-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Peters can just :stfu:

jamze132
09-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Peters definetly doesn't look like the Pro Bowler playing LT for us last year.

I think he realizes he ****ed himself by not doing **** the entire offseason. But he will eventually get into game shape and will be dominant again. Hopefully after the bye week, he is playing 100%.

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 06:19 AM
Peters definetly doesn't look like the Pro Bowler playing LT for us last year.

I think he realizes he ****ed himself by not doing **** the entire offseason. But he will eventually get into game shape and will be dominant again. Hopefully after the bye week, he is playing 100%.

Lord knows our opponents know he is out of shape right now but that will not last, he'll be good to go by the bye.

mchurchfie
09-22-2008, 06:31 AM
He showed flashses of his old dominating self yesterday despite his bad performance, that is why we just have to suck it up and let him get back up to speed.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-22-2008, 06:51 AM
I don't know why we don't let him get back up to speed in practice vs. in games where he is not performing well. I like the Walker/Chambers tackle tandem a lot better than Peters/Walker as of today. I do believe that will change, but you have to put your best performers on the field, no matter what the circumstance.

I guess they figured that Oakland is a good game to let him get back in the swing,

but he did not play well yesterday.

My greater concern is that it seemed that Walker is not playing as well at right tackle now. I think the time away from the position hurt him a bit- it will take him a little while to get his footwork back completely.

tampabay25690
09-22-2008, 06:53 AM
To be honest are O lIne itself look fair yesterday....
The team looked like they lacked passion in the 1st half....

Then finally they woke up

don137
09-22-2008, 07:03 AM
On Lynch's second TD the OL was very impressive. They bull rushed and pushed the pile forward and paved the way for Lynch.
I agree Peters has looked far below his level of play compared to last year. He already has caused a costly turnover in each game since he has been back.
I am pretty confident his game will get better each week.
Kudos to the coaching staff for benching him briefly after he got beat causing the fumble.

RockStar36
09-22-2008, 07:44 AM
He was pathetic.

mybills
09-22-2008, 07:46 AM
The entire OL looked pathetic for most of the game. :ill:

HHURRICANE
09-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Peters looked like crap but conisdering he's had the uniform on 10 days there isn't much you can do about it. He just played his second pre-season game.

He'll be fine after the bye or sooner.

Brad Butler got molested yesterday. He was way worse!!!

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Peters looked like crap but conisdering he's had the uniform on 10 days there isn't much you can do about it. He just played his second pre-season game.

Butler had a bad game, and Fowler wasn't great either. The entire Oline is underachieving. I listened to some analysts on the radio and they seem to think that the zone blocking scheme is not suitable for these players - atleast for the run game. For the pass game, it seems to work well for them.

DrGraves
09-22-2008, 08:28 AM
peters blows. lets trade him before hes worth nothing at all.

TigerJ
09-22-2008, 09:03 AM
The Rams next week have a terrible defense, so Buffalo should be OK with Peters next week. By the Arizona game Peters will have had 4 weeks of practice, and then the Bills have their bye. After the bye, Peters should be fully up to speed even if he's not quite there for he Arizona game. I'm not happy with Peters' negotiating strategy, but the Bills may get out of it without it having cost them any games.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Look, we all know what Jason Peters can do when he is at the top of his game. But, the effects of his holdout are obvious: there is a difference between being in shape and being in "game shape". And, Peters is not fully in "game shape" at this point.

Peters is playing at the same level that the other guys were playing at during the preseason--these last two games are effectively the beginnings of the preseason for his body. But, these aren't preseason games and the difference shows.

In think that being benched in favor of Chambers during this game might be the best thing that ever happened to Peters. It certainly sent a message that he is going to have to step up his game if he wants to have his agent talk contract with the Bills. And, I believe that he will as he rounds into "game shape", probably after the bye week.

Still, I think that the fact that Peters was benched in favor of Chambers is quite a statement on just how poorly Jason Peters played early in this game. I was paying close attention to him early on and he was flat out awful, except for Marshawn Lynch's TD run. Fortunately for the Bills, however, Peters pick up his play in the second half, particularly in the 4th quarter. He actually was doing a pretty good job of pushing Oakland's speed rusher wide and deep in the backfield, which allowed Trent Edwards to step up away from the pressure (something that he didn't do early in the game).

Oakland's blitzes really had the Bills' interior linemen confused early in the game. According to Trent Edwards, the Bills were not prepared for the blitzes that Oakland was throwing at them, but adjusted to them. They were also using some D-line stunts in combination with their blitzes. Butler, Fowler and Dockery all had trouble adjusting to the blitzes while dealing with the size of Oakland's DTs. Fortunately, after G.Warren went out, the Bills were able to wear Oakland's D-line out. By the time the Bills scored to finish off their 96 yard drive, you could see that the Oakland DTs were spent.

It should be noted that there were two particularly great blocks that the Bills got during the game: On Marshawn's first TD run, Derek Schouman came in motion back towards the center of the field and absolutely wiped out two Oakland defenders, allowing Dockery and Peters to get out wide and open a nice hole for Lynch. If you get a chance to see the run again, take a look at Schouman's block. And, then, on Marshawn's second TD run, the block that Butler made was just outstanding. Pulling from right to left, he drives the DT back into the LB and pushes both of them back about five yards into the end zone. Butler's block was the key to one of the best line surges that I have seen from a Bills offensive line in a long time. Nice to see both of these blocks!

RockStar36
09-22-2008, 11:44 AM

No excuses. Peters is so damn good that he doesn't need to practice or participate in the pre-season, so he shouldn't be struggling when it counts. If that fatass wants his contract he better start playing way better. He was disgusting yesterday.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I bet he regrets holding out through camp now. It's hurting his case to get the big payday.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 11:46 AM
He along with the rest of the OL was terrible for about 40 minutes. Peters is the best, so he has to be held to a higher standard. . His play in the first half was discraceful.

But in the second half, and especially the 4th quarter he was utterly dominant. Anyone who disagrees and taped the game go back and watch the 4th quarter. Nobody got within 5 feet of Edwards after his dismal first half.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 11:49 AM
In think that being benched in favor of Chambers during this game might be the best thing that ever happened to Peters. It certainly sent a message that he is going to have to step up his game if he wants to have his agent talk contract with the Bills. And, I believe that he will as he rounds into "game shape", probably after the bye week.
I wrote a post about.

IMO, Jauron benching him for Chambers near end of first half was the move of the game.

It woke Peters up, and he dominated after that.

Peters played the first half like he didnt give a ****, and trust me Jauron picked up on that.

That was one of the most impressive things I've seen from Jauron during his tenure here. I LOVED IT

Ebenezer
09-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Peters can just :stfu:

I see the Walmart smilie flying around the locker room lowering his price.