PDA

View Full Version : The Long Raider TD pass

mchurchfie
09-22-2008, 06:49 AM
If it would have been any other QB other than Russell on the other end of that laser the Poz would have picked it off or at the very least knocked it down. That thing got there in a hurry.

VeggieMan14
09-22-2008, 06:52 AM
If it would have been any other QB other than Russell on the other end of that laser the Poz would have picked it off or at the very least knocked it down. That thing got there in a hurry. cutler is the only other QB that could have done it... or a younger Favre

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 06:54 AM
If it would have been any other QB other than Russell on the other end of that laser the Poz would have picked it off or at the very least knocked it down. That thing got there in a hurry.

Big time speed, man that pass had eyes.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-22-2008, 07:03 AM
I know they scored, but I like that Poz gambled and tried to make a big play.

A long, drawn out drive would have killed us. That score happening so fast actually was one of the best things that could have happened in that situation.

RedEyE
09-22-2008, 07:32 AM
They shouldn't have allowed it to happen, but sometimes you get caught with you pants down when you prematurely show you blitz. Its a chance you take. At least they didn't take a back seat and let the Raiders have everything underneath, like the Raiders D did for us late in the 4th qrtr.

zone
09-22-2008, 08:09 AM
I love that Whitner tackled him even after he scored. Don't jog into the end zone in our house.

Oaf
09-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Actually, the way I saw it, I wondered what a DiGorgio would have been able to do with that, a la his Dallas INT.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 10:22 AM
It was just a perfectly executed play.

Gotta tip your hat to the Raiders on that one.. but Simpson didnt leave himself a good angle to Higgins after the catch.

mchurchfie
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
It was just a perfectly executed play.

Gotta tip your hat to the Raiders on that one.. but Simpson didnt leave himself a good angle to Higgins after the catch.
Yes, that was pretty bad. he should have at the very least tackled him after the catch. Poz was playing that way thinking he had help over the top.

mchurchfie
09-22-2008, 11:07 AM
I love that Whitner tackled him even after he scored. Don't jog into the end zone in our house.
Whitner traveled the whole length of the field just to send that little message instead of just giving up on it. You have to love that, true signs of a leader in the making.:bf1:

billsburgh
09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Whitner traveled the whole length of the field just to send that little message instead of just giving up on it. You have to love that, true signs of a leader in the making.:bf1:
are you trying to call out OpIv?

theanswer74
09-22-2008, 11:17 AM

That was awesome. I thought people around the NFL would react negatively to it, but I heard Deion Sanders saying Higgins shouldn't be doing that, so he thought what Whitner did was deserving.

Ingtar33
09-22-2008, 12:33 PM

yep.

I would have definitely shook his hand as he came off the field, while telling him quietly i had to rip him in front of the team. but that i thought he did the right thing.

then ripped him in the locker room :D

Ebenezer
09-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Since I was going to get 15 I would have done more than tackle him.

dasaybz
09-22-2008, 12:43 PM

I completely disagree.

Trent Edwards would have thrown that ball perfectly. As a matter of fact, he probably would have thrown a 95 yard TD on that play instead of 85 yards.